It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disgusted over idiotic Gun control comments.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Remove all guns. Would that end violence? nope. Would it end killing? nope. .

it would end all killing done with guns though....
that is a fact

usnews.nbcnews.com...

One person is killed by a firearm every 17 minutes, 87 people are killed during an average day, and 609 are killed every week. (source: CDC)

^^^^if there were no guns those numbers drop to zero. another fact

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to:network dude

Greetings from a "common passerby" - Lets say One is a big fan of the 1st Amendment, it would behoove this person to be a fan of ALL 27 Amendments. The One You find to be the least of Your liking needs to be also embraced. So when the One says "I don't care about the 7th amendment" remember that when 'they' remove Your 1st or 2nd or 4th, because I'm certain there is someOne, somewhere that doesn't give 2 squirts about the One You like either...

"They" want/need to 'divide the division', don't make their job easier..

If You Love One, Love them ALL while they are still here and useful....

namaste

Arnold- Thanks for the chuckle...... I read the bit about "living in peace" a millisecond before the bit about artillery hahaha

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

But did that thug own it legally?

If not, you didn't think before you posted or pay attention to what was written above.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
Good thing with the right to bear arms we also still have the right to free speech. And the right to our own opinions without being told our views are idiotic.

your right to free speech does NOT in ANY way protect you from being called an idiot.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

No it wouldn't. The guns are not going to disappear because you make them illegal anymore than the drugs did. So the only people who will have them are the ones who are prone to breaking the law anyway. That means the criminals ... the very ones the legal gun owners, the ones who generally don't perpetrate gun crimes for the most part, are trying to protect themselves against.

Btw, when you take their shotgun away, the next time an animal breaks into their home and tears it up, I'm sending you the bill for the damages to my parents' farm house. Before they started the pest control campaign with their shotgun, the last animal damage bill ran well over $24,000.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: CardiffGiant

Annnd explain to me how you are going to remove all the guns ... This should be good.

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I wonder, if you are a liberal gun hater, do you actually stop to think of how idiotic what you are about to say is going to sound?

I wonder if you are a conservative gun-hugger, do you actually stop to think of how idiotic your inflammatory rhetoric is going to sound?

Why the name-calling and trolling for political bickering? It's not possible to engage in this discussing without whitewashing people who believe they have legitimate concerns with unoriginal parroted rhetoric?

Grow up and grow a brain.

Looks like you need to take some of your own advice.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I understand the need for guns in America with so many of the population having them,and they make everyone equal no matter their age and strength

Great for personal safety,house protection,hunting and even just having fun with target practice

Only problem with guns is it makes it far too easy to kill people,when in the hands of someone who shouldn't be allowed to have one

Have seen people say well knifes kill people and baseball bats ect ect

You can't outrun a bullet,in fact the safest place to be in the middle of a mass shooting is within arms length of the killer to disarm them if you have the skills

If your too far away to close in,your dead

Guns are not the problem,they are part of it but how on earth can you account for the few people who commit these mass shootings as they may have been sane in the past but suddenly a mental switch is flicked and they become unstable

You can't make every gun owner take mental evaluation test every few years lol

Would you gun owners take a test every few years?

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Perhaps part of the problem is the "cool-factor" guns have unfortunately received lately. It's pretty hard to deny that a hot pink M4 is pure marketing. Guns are the only solution presented in most of the popular video games out now. They're on the covers of rap albums. "Patriots" love their guns. Oh and the Constitution. And Founding Fathers. The NRA is a pretty big part of political lobbying as well, and spends a lot of money to keep people thinking about guns.

I don't think most rational people actually blame guns for the violence problem. It's just that people are sick and tired of hearing about gun violence, EVERY SINGLE DAY.

There is a gun culture in America. Gun owners say they are just tools, but when you look at how guns are marketed, it goes way beyond that. My table saw is a tool. A gun isn't a tool. It's a weapon. They aren't cool or sexy. They are made for the sole reason of putting bullets in things. But they aren't treated that way.

I frequent an archery range, which is right next to a gun range. As I was buying a ticket to go shoot my bow, I overheard a girl in line behind me ask her boyfriend "are we gonna have to wear those ear-things?" So dude brought his girl to the gun range and obviously didn't even bother to explain hearing protection on the drive over. It's this attitude which makes guns part of the problem. When coupled with stupid people, guns are dangerous.

I don't get the fascination with guns honestly. After 4 years in the Marines and 2 deployments, I've fired, cleaned, and repaired enough guns to last me a lifetime. I'd be happy if I never saw another one again.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

First of all, Thanks so much for providing the RANT forum so I can blow off steam when I read something that pisses me off, but shouldn't be addressed in the thread that happened in. It's greatly appreciated.

Secondly, it's a two way street. I was deep in the mud when I wrote it. I promise you can't see me from up on that high horse.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Annnd explain to me how you are going to remove all the guns ... This should be good.

im not going to explain how at all. that wasnt the point i was trying to make. i also never said if i agree that guns would be taken away.

i just said there would be no more gun deaths if there were no more guns. thats still a fact

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   

If you are talking about the magical snapping of the fingers, then yes, all guns everywhere forever, I agree. But if you just mean take them away like they did in Australia and England (I know you still have limited rights), then I invite you to check the records and see if they still have any gun violence. (hint, they do. Not a lot, but it still happens)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

If you are talking about the magical snapping of the fingers, then yes, all guns everywhere forever, I agree. But if you just mean take them away like they did in Australia and England (I know you still have limited rights), then I invite you to check the records and see if they still have any gun violence. (hint, they do. Not a lot, but it still happens)

im not talking about taking them at all.
i believe there is a serious gun problem in this country but i also believe that adult citizens should be allowed guns.
i was just trying to make a point. guns kill thousands every year. if no guns then no gun deaths. simple fact is all. i never said they should be taken away.

i dont have the answer but something needs to be done.

i know some say guns are just a tool but i dont agree. it may have started out like that but we have been far past that for a long time.
guns are imbeded into our culture now.

they are flashed in music videos all the time. are they flashing a tool or are they flashing some symbol of status or cool?

now a days if you have a gun youre cool. if you have a cool gun you are even cooler.

if they were just tools then they would be manufactured and market like tools.

if i want a 19mm wrench i get a 19mm wrench.
if i want a 9mm pistol i can get it with gold handles or mother of pearl handles. laser sites. a flash light. small magazine or large one. personal engravings. then there are the holsters i can get. plastic or leather. belt, boot, or shoulder.

see what i mean
i think the people that are saying they are simply a tool are being dense on purpose.

i have tools at home. they each serve a purpose.
a wrench is for turning a bolt. a screw driver is for turning a screw.
a gun is for shooting a bullet at something. so, why do people need 17 different types of tools that shoot bullets at something?
is a tool not enough? must have 17 tools for the same purpose?

thats a lame, dense argument IMO

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Secondly, it's a two way street. I was deep in the mud when I wrote it. I promise you can't see me from up on that high horse.

Nothing of substance is ever accomplished by wallowing in the mud.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   

You have tools. I bet you have multiple tools. Probably more than just an adjustable wrench and a hammer.

Well, different guns have different uses, like tools. You have a shotgun for home defense. Why? so when you shoot, the projectile doesn't leave your house and enter the neighbors house. You have a small pistol to cary places since your shotgun won't fit in you pocket. You have a deer rifle to hunt deer. You have a .22 rifle to shoot cans and squirrels. Each gun has it's purpose. Like a tool.

Now, should criminals have guns? nope. I believe there are even laws to try to prevent that. Even in other countries that have outlawed guns.

We do have a problem in the US. I think it's a complete dismissal of mental health issues. Sane folks with all their faculties don't even think about shooting helpless people for no reason. Crazy people may. (IMHO)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

Nothing of substance is ever accomplished by wallowing in the mud.

and making a post doing the same thing you accuse someone else of doing doesn't make you any more moral or right. Leading by example does.

I made this thread after reading a self proclaimed liberal make some idiotic statements at an inappropriate time. I was disrespectful to him and all who think like him. I can live with that.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Well, different guns have different uses, like tools. You have a shotgun for home defense. Why? so when you shoot, the projectile doesn't leave your house and enter the neighbors house. You have a small pistol to cary places since your shotgun won't fit in you pocket. You have a deer rifle to hunt deer. You have a .22 rifle to shoot cans and squirrels. Each gun has it's purpose. Like a tool.

this is a response that i think is dense on purpose.

cause the people that have shotguns want them so they know they wont harm the neighbors house right? not because they want to make sure they blow a hole the size of a pumpkin in someone.

why do people need to carry a small pistol in their pocket?
people need a .22 to shoot cans with?

all guns shoot bullets. if it does not shoot a bullet then it is not a gun
i have multiple tools fr multiple things. they all do something different. i cant turn a phillips head screw with a hammer.
all guns do the same thing. shoot bullets

i guess for me the problem goes from the right to own a gun to the right to own a gun for the house, the pocket, the shoulder.
need one for humans. one for animals. one for cans.

give me a break

the entire system is broken when it comes to this.

i support the right to own a gun. i dont support the right to own 17. i dont support the right to have small guns that fit in the pocket.
maybe a small pea shooter could have been considered a tool in the wild west when calamity jane needed a derrenger tucked into her garter to protect herself from all the drunk, gun toting cowboys.

times have changed. susie q soccer mom dont need a pea shooter tucked into her fendi bag while she is at the mall.

and shooting cans....one does not need a killing machine to knock over a can.... thats just lame

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   

If you shoot at in intruder with a high powered rifle, and you miss, you may well kill the neighbor two doors down. That is a bad thing to do.

Since you advocate a 1 gun system, what type and caliber wold you recommend and why?

edit to add:

times have changed. susie q soccer mom dont need a pea shooter tucked into her fendi bag while she is at the mall.

yes times have changed. have you ever heard of a "car jacking"? I hear tell they sometimes target the weak looking ones. Like soccer moms.
Give me a break indeed.
edit on 23-9-2014 by network dude because: added thought.

edit on 23-9-2014 by network dude because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
and now that i think about it the 2nd amendment says

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

^^arms for a militia for free state security^^

says nothing about deer hunting and can shooting

edit on 23-9-2014 by CardiffGiant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Since you advocate a 1 gun system, what type and caliber wold you recommend and why?

i recommend whatever the owner is most comfortable with because thats the caliber they are most comfortable with

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join