It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you Feel Safer Now?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Good Morning fellow East Coasters, as I showered and got ready for the day, I started to think about this topic.

In lieu of Syria in our crosshairs and ISIS/ISIL/IS/Daesh Cutthroat playing dodgeball with our bombs, I can only think of one question now as this personally pertains to me here in the USA.

Do I feel safer now that our enemies are all being blown to oblivion?

It is what this 'action' is about right? safety?
The media hyped the entire situation that people such as the Islamic State left unchecked would eventually come to our doorstep. Well now they are going to be busy running and hiding from the coalition forces or they will be annihilated.

So what do you think, Do you feel safer now that the attacks are under way?
Do you think you will feel any different after the Islamic State is gone for good?

Personally, I'm not afraid of 'scarecrows', if you know what I mean.
To answer my own question, NO I will not feel any different after the Islamic State is dealt with and that is not a declaration that I think what we are doing is wrong. The Islamic State needs to go! I'm just left wondering now, who is next up to bat.

Did I miss anything, what are your thoughts?

AB
edit on 9/23/2014 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I don't feel any safer, but then again I also wasn't worried.

The War of Terror continues but I think most of us here, in New York at least, are more concerned with getting to work on time and being annoyed by hipsters protesting.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: AnteBellum

I refuse to live in or perpetuate a fear mongering lifestyle. When death comes, it will come.

The evils that the USA fights now, are the evils that it has helped to create. Remember that old saying "You made your bed, now go lie in it"?? That's what's happening now.

So, no I don't feel any safer or any less safe now.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Nope, I think you didn't miss anything.
Life goes on like usual. Until it doesn't. When that will be is anyone's guess.
I feel sorry for people that have to grow up and live in war torn Hellholes all of their lives.
But my Life hasn't changed.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   

I am not currently worried about them but they would pose a future threat. We have done nothing but create enemies. Once the ashes have settled around ISIS another powerful group will emerge even stronger. Rinse, wash, repeat. Watch this video and you will see how twisted they are by the pain we've caused them. They want nothing but our destruction and complete control over every aspect of everyone's life.

It's about like putting a bullet in the dog you made mean by beating it.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
There will always be another Goldstein(See 1984). It is the perpetual enemy that keeps the dystopian and dysfunctional state in control, and keeps the hopes and fears of the people entrained.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: mikeone718

Hey neighbor, isn't that the truth!
I'm in Edison, NJ now and have done the Metropark commute nightmare for years(not presently though).
I forgot about that whole scene going down, how bad is it from a street side perspective?

I ask because I was going in tomorrow, but like when the president comes to visit, I wait if I have to!

a reply to: theyknowwhoyouare

Great video, you almost made me late I couldn't stop watching it.
Will have to come back later. . . thank you!
edit on 9/23/2014 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   

So what do you think, Do you feel safer now that the attacks are under way? Do you think you will feel any different after the Islamic State is gone for good?

Safer? No. However, left unchecked, this group would keep expanding territory, eventually disrupting global oil production (and controlling some of it), and THIS cannot be allowed for reasons of simple economics.

Without boots on the ground, there is no plan to eradicate ISIS. It will do what such groups have done before. Scatter, then eventually reform, regroup, and recruit. Then, they'll emerge, likely with another name, to try it all over again. Which is really fine with the powers that be, at least until they get up to the point to cause a real global disruption. Then, it will be time again to put the kabash on the whole deal.

ISIS really screwed up with the beheadings (causing global attention and condemnation). Had they not gone that route, they would have had all of Syria, and 2/3 of Iraq, before the US and others reacted. Instead, these actions accelerated the inevitable.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Meh.. same # .. different day .. as to feeling safe .. same as always I handle my own security rather than rely on others ..

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Hey!....I guess being from Jersey, you'd also have to worry over traffic set up by the governor

It's not so bad streetside...it just hurts everyone's commute. I'd definitely wait if I were you.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I would much rather find isis in the middle east and bomb them than try to find them in Manhattan while they are protected by the fourth ammendment. So yeah, I feel safer.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

ISIS really screwed up with the beheadings (causing global attention and condemnation). Had they not gone that route, they would have had all of Syria, and 2/3 of Iraq, before the US and others reacted. Instead, these actions accelerated the inevitable.

Totally agree on that one!
They could have infiltrated and infected the entire region if it wasn't for these 2 media induced events. That's what has bothered me from day one, public opinion seems to be very convenient and coincidental these days.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: theyknowwhoyouare

Great video

I was sure I saw Tyrion Lannister in the first 10 minutes - and then again at 17:00

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Safer? About ISIS? No. If the world would do this thing correctly perhaps then I would. But I'm sure they'll screw it up. They always do. Truth be told - right now I"m more concerned about Ebola.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
ISIS is a problem, but lobbing a few bombs at them is going to be about as effective as sending our soldiers into the African plague zones to "fight" Ebola which is to say not at all.

So no I don't feel any safer.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Would it be sad to say I'm more worried about what's going on in our own country than that going on over across the way (making exception for Ebola).

So in short, I don't feel any safer - like someone mentioned earlier, there will always be a Goldsteinesque character to take the reins, call all recruits to "Rise against Country X", and either become defeated or become a ally.

-fossilera

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I am feeling that way to.
The CDC is doing everything they can but without political support there's only so much they can do and our leaders have their heads in. . . . Syria right now(almost said something else).

I don't have too much assurance that anything will get done until the war drums slow down, by that time given the media coverage/information it will be too late.

I heard a story and I'm paraphrasing the #'s, that if the chances for Ebola to become airborne are 1 in a million then in a few weeks there will be a 10% chance, a week later 20%, a fews day after that 30%, a day after that 40%, hours to minutes all the way to 100%!
That didn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling inside

top topics

join