It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alaskan Reporter Releases Video On Why She "F'n Quit"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

I'm not an internet spelling nazi, but if you're going to call me a hater, at least sound intelligent about it. Let me correct you.

Anyway even if she is making money, it takes money to quit your job and run a campaign. She had the opportunity to use quitting her job as a boost to her campaign. So what? good for her. If you find fault in that I say you're a hater, so we are clear.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I'm not repeating myself to you, read the thread.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

originally posted by: OptimusCrime
a reply to: MALBOSIA

You can grow your own tobacco for cigarettes too, correct? There's sure a lot of money in that, still. I'm assuming you're calling, "some people", me.So why don't you just come out and say it? Anyhow, you can't predict the future and neither can I, so don't tell me what's going to happen once pot is legalized. I just gave you an example of a similar argument and mine holds a lot more water than yours.

You cannot sell tobacco unless your are licensed to do so. If that is where Cannabis legalization stops - a government regulated - then it would be on the same level as tobacco. And most of the money in tobacco, per pack goes to taxes, not profit. I do not believe that the activists will lay down on that one. "being gouged for taxes while seeking medication" might be an easy platform to stand on. There will be some yes, but not to the extent of tobacco.

Anyway even if she is making money, it takes money to quit your job and run a campaign. She had the opportunity to use quitting her job as a boost to her campaign. So what? good for her. If you find fault in that I say your a hater, so we are clear.

Who's talking about selling the tobacco people grow? You made up some story in your head trying to predict the future and I responded with facts. I'm done going in circles with you on this topic. I've stated as much as can and it's getting to the point I have to continue to repeat myself.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: corvuscorrax

a reply to: corvuscorrax

I'm not jealous at all. I'm not the activist type trying to profit off other like this woman. I go to work, make money, go on vacations, go fishing and enjoy myself. That's all I ask in life.

If you work you're profiting off of others.

Which leads me to believe you're jealous. You called her an 'attention whore' when she goes about making money differently than you.

So yeah, jealous.

Working an honest job and drawing attention to yourself by saying "F it, I quit" while running a business is lame. You should donate to her cause, a new BMW by the end of the week. You claim I'm jealous because I don't agree with your POV or her act. That's a pretty weak argument to be honest with you.

Cool if your happy with that.

Not everyome has that slave mentality.

Sure it can get you as far as a nice middle class lifestyle.

But those that make it rich are normaly those you say F it and break and bend the rules.

The system is designed to keep the masses down in servitude while a elite profit off the masses.

To go from the masses to the elite normaly takes a risky move.

edit on 23-9-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

You don't act like that and expect people to help you.

People ARE helping her. People are supporting her. Many of us don't have any issue with what she did. Only a few are expressing the righteous indignation that you are.

I find her a fraud as she does not have morals when using language like that in a nightly news cast.

How is she a fraud? She is who she says she is. Your morals differ from hers. Big deal. We all decide our own. You're really taking this overboard.

She did it to make her point and be damned everyone else listening.

She did it to gain attention and get into the news (which is what happened). As far as the language - how many kids haven't heard that word? What harm does it do TO THE CHILDREN to hear that word? (Not to the parents, mind you, to the KIDS)

I use bad language, but I don't do it at my job in front of customers.

That's your choice. She made a different choice, so I guess she should be throttled...

The audience are her customers and she took advantage of them looking for personal gain.

She took advantage of her position in the public eye, but she didn't hurt anyone. We all take advantage of situations all the time. I take advantage of ATS to get my views out there. So do you! What's wrong with taking advantage of a situation, as long as no one is hurt?

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Everything you said is opinion and no facts. You're not allowed to curse on TV, especially during a news cast. You know what. I'm done trying to argue my points because I've said them time and time again and all I get back is some opinionated BS that is nothing more than excuses to get what you want. You have no morals if you think what she did is right. End of story. Have a nice day, enjoy your pot thread.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
The Biggest problem she is going to face, is that she used a cuss word on live TV, The FCC is going to fine her, and could fine her up to $500,000. So im not sure she is going to be owning any company at this rate

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Nothing. It's the way she did it. You don't act like that and expect people to help you. If anything, people should be telling her what she did was wrong. But in today's society, she's congratulated instead of condemned. I find her a fraud as she does not have morals when using language like that in a nightly news cast. She did it to make her point and be damned everyone else listening. I use bad language, but I don't do it at my job in front of customers. Same thing as her. The audience are her customers and she took advantage of them looking for personal gain. What makes you believe she won't take advantage of others to get what she wants?

But she did and she is profiting from it.

What can you do?

Would you have the goverment step in a curtail her right to free speach just cause you are against it?

No you dont like it, but there is little point getting worked up over it like its a big issue. If you disagree the best thing you can do is ignore her and deny her the attention.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Everything you said is opinion and no facts. You're not allowed to curse on TV, especially during a news cast. You know what. I'm done trying to argue my points because I've said them time and time again and all I get back is some opinionated BS that is nothing more than excuses to get what you want. You have no morals if you think what she did is right. End of story. Have a nice day, enjoy your pot thread.

Who said your not allowed to cuse? The new channel? Sure a private company has the right to make rules and she broke them and she has lost her job. Rightfully so,

The goverment? Doesnt that violate your 1st amendment ?

As for no morals? Shd just said # lol its not like she raped a kitten and beheaded a baby on TV lol

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Have you read the thread? I specifically said that legalizing IT WOULDN'T CHANGE who used it and who didn't. I explained that I felt like a hypocrite because I advocated for legalization but preferred if she never did it. In essence I felt like I advocated for other people to use it when I preferred one of my own not to. ???

Nowhere in my posts did I say she would do anything if it was legalized. It was lengthy, but was explaining how I felt torn about it.

If you will go back and reread you will not find anywhere in that I said she will do it if it's legalized. On the contrary, you will find a pretty direct couple of sentences where I say I advocate EVERYTHING becoming legal because people either do it or they don't. Nobody doesn't NOT do it because it's illegal.

So I'm not sure why we are even going over this point when it's already been made pretty clear. I will just assume that you missed it.

edit on 9/23/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
I explained that I felt like a hypocrite because I advocated for legalization but preferred if she never did it.

I know. I read it. I don't understand why you feel like a hypocrite. Wanting legalization, so adults can freely choose to use it or not, is not in conflict with not wanting your family to do it. I don't see the hypocrisy.

I'm not trying to piss anyone off. I'm sorry if my questions upset you...

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Everything you said is opinion and no facts.

Even the questions???

You have no morals if you think what she did is right.

Seems like anyone that disagrees with you has no morals.

Have a nice day, enjoy your pot thread.

Bye.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
So.....On a lighter note!!! Did anyone else get a kick out of the shock, dismay and stuttering from the woman at the news desk when the camera went back to her? (in the original video)

I, personally, thought it was rather humorous!

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

I explained that I felt like a hypocrite because I advocated for legalization but preferred if she never did it.

I know. I read it. I don't understand why you feel like a hypocrite. Wanting legalization, so adults can freely choose to use it or not, is not in conflict with not wanting your family to do it. I don't see the hypocrisy.

I'm not trying to piss anyone off. I'm sorry if my questions upset you...

I think it's hypocrisy because I want my family and child to be better than that, yet I don't care what other people do. Maybe I'm just not explaining it correctly?? Kind of like saying I don't want my family to go down that road, but don't care if yours does. I don't want them to be a Spicolli (yes it's a joke) but I don't care if yours is. That is kind of hypocritical in my mind, but it's the truth.

I'm not pissed at all, but was wondering why it seemed like everything I wrote was being misinterpreted. You asked why I thought she would use it if it was legalized, when I specifically stated that nobody uses or abstains because of a law. I was confused as to what was not clear in that.

It certainly didn't stop me or my friends when we were growing up. I assume it still works the same way.

That's all. I don't want to be misunderstood, but always try to remain honest in my dealings here. I do feel some kind of way about it when it comes to my own, but could not care less what others choose to do.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Glassbender777
The Biggest problem she is going to face, is that she used a cuss word on live TV, The FCC is going to fine her, and could fine her up to $500,000. So im not sure she is going to be owning any company at this rate

Today the U.S. Supreme Court released a ruling that significantly scales back the FCC's censorship authority. In the case Federal Communications Commission, et al. v. Fox Television Stations, Inc., et al. the highest court in the land refused to assess the constitutionality of U.S. federal law that prohibits broadcasted obscenities. However, it did deal FCC efforts a blow by finding it illegal for the FCC to fine TV broadcaster who air obscenity or nudity during daytime hours.

Source

So, the NETWORK can fire her, but that's about it.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

I think it's hypocrisy because I want my family and child to be better than that, yet I don't care what other people do.

Oh, I understand now. I wouldn't get an abortion, but I think it should be legal. I don't see that as hypocrisy, I see it as supporting of freedom of choice for each individual. My choice is no, but the choice should be for each person to make.

You asked why I thought she would use it if it was legalized, when I specifically stated that nobody uses or abstains because of a law. I was confused as to what was not clear in that.

You were clear. I misinterpreted. My fault.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

I'm sure I could have been more clear. You're pretty smart from what I see here, so I'm sure I share fault for not saying it a better way. I do that sometimes.

It may not be hypocrisy specifically and I think that's where we went astray... but sometimes it doesn't sit right with me even when it's my own views. I seem to be torn on many issues most appear to have an easier time of accepting or not outright. It would be much easier to never have that internal conflict I think, and I kind of envy those that never do.

But it's good.

I figured if we stuck with it long enough, we would get there.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

We should make a pact. I strongly believe in "talking it out", even if it gets uncomfortable. It's made my marriage successful for 22 years now... Thanks.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

We should make a pact. I strongly believe in "talking it out", even if it gets uncomfortable. It's made my marriage successful for 22 years now... Thanks.

Done and done. I'm going on 18 years myself and couldn't agree more.

It might not always be fun or comfortable, but it's effective and keeps folks from running off mad every other day. Here and in their marriage.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 04:59 AM
link   
She has done the right thing.

Are the rest os us doing the right things to support her or are we supporting organised crime and the politicians and industrialists who financed and supported an artificially contrived witchhunt on MJ to support their own petroleum and pharmacutical businesses both which MJ disenfranchises.

There is only one right decision to be made if you support truth and the Peoples Voice,there CAN be no fight on this issue unless there is Big Money behind it supporting the artificial fires and smoke.

edit on 25-9-2014 by one4all because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join