It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alaskan Reporter Releases Video On Why She "F'n Quit"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

I would not consider you a hypocrite. You have a legitimate concern regarding your daughter. And, let's face it...the facts just aren't readily available regarding marijuana use, because everyone has an agenda! I, too, have grown up with first hand knowledge of alcoholism amongst family members. I've seen it ruin marriages and cause the death of more than one friend to drunk driving "accidents". I also have 3 children from 13 to 21 years old, so, I know your dilemma!

And, unfortunately, I also have too much experience with marijuana and it's effects on many friends and family members... My step-dad used to sell it, back in the 80's, when I was a teen. nearly ALL of my friends, growing up, had at least tried it. Many used recreationally, and a few had a real problem with it!

So, I must say with some authority, that it's rather difficult to compare the two. The only real similarities are that they are both natural or a by-product of nature, yet both are considered a drug! And, I believe that it is this designation, that will hamper any real change in how the Feds view it. Yes, it is slowly being "legalized", but rest assured, this is only a move to increase regulation and profits for Gov't. Even if Congress, tomorrow, removed ALL penalties and laws restricting consumption of marijuana, you can bet that most agencies, like the DEA, ATF, EPA and most importantly, the Dept. of Agriculture would still play a HUGE role, in the supply and the distribution of it! Business as usual!

Please don't take me wrong! Even though, I don't use and never have, I think it is ludicrous to penalize, fine and incarcerate someone, who does. And, I agree with your statement regarding prescription drugs, as well! But, again, it's all about the money, or loss of it for the drug companies, that will ensure those laws will remain.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
BTW how come she is not jailed? She talks about pot and she probably consumes it, so why not jail her?

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: corvuscorrax

I'm not jealous at all. I'm not the activist type trying to profit off other like this woman. I go to work, make money, go on vacations, go fishing and enjoy myself. That's all I ask in life.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: OptimusCrime

I'm not jealous at all. I'm not the activist type trying to profit off other like this woman. I go to work, make money, go on vacations, go fishing and enjoy myself. That's all I ask in life.

If you work you're profiting off of others.

Which leads me to believe you're jealous. You called her an 'attention whore' when she goes about making money differently than you.

So yeah, jealous.

edit on 23-9-2014 by corvuscorrax because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

While I can see people's arguments that she could have done it in a better way, I love what she did. Up here there is a long running undercurrent of marijuana use and activism. Since it is legal for medical use, but still kept underground, a medical user needs to provide their own medicine. Many times its not a problem, but utilities and just about everything else are more expensive here, and it's a tough burden on some families, especially if a bread winner is disabled or otherwise incapacitated.

She did a major service by bringing the issue into the limelight. Even with legalization on the ballot, there are many other issues to occupy people's minds and conversations, unless it directly affects them. I love that they are trying to open a dispensary. It will prevent people from having to contact a black market element just to fill their very legal prescriptions.

She may have swayed a few away with her choice of words and actions, but this is Alaska. We are all a little rougher around the edges here. We face challenges and tasks that would send a lot of people running, for most an f-bomb isn't going to close their mind to a very real and serious matter in front of our state. Her courage to speak up and get people's attention is what is going to matter to many, not all, but many.

So, best of luck to you Charlo Greene, I'd love to shake this woman's hand!
edit on 23-9-2014 by woodsmom because: Autocorrect decided to fill in Charlotte instead

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: corvuscorrax

Which leads me to believe you're jealous. You called her an 'attention whore' when she goes about making money differently than you.

So yeah, jealous.

Working an honest job and drawing attention to yourself by saying "F it, I quit" while running a business is lame. You should donate to her cause, a new BMW by the end of the week. You claim I'm jealous because I don't agree with your POV or her act. That's a pretty weak argument to be honest with you.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: saadad

Because its not actually illegal to partake in the privacy of your own home, or even grow a couple dozen plants. Our constitution and subsequent Supreme Court rulings have basically afforded Alaskans the right to privacy in their own home.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Well, I think that people who are in the broadcast media, whether in front of, or behind the camera, have a duty to the public (if they care at all about journalism), to provide them with unbiased data on a broad spectrum of topics, without political bias, without prejudice, and without leading the people watching down any particular path. They ought to be there to hand out data, raw and un spun, and then go home.

However, since a) that is not the majority opinion amongst broadcasters and journalists these days, and b) this lady could not have continued to provide unbiased commentary on the subject of marijuana usage, that she probably did the right thing in stepping down.

As for her views on the legislation which prevails over the topics which are relevant to her interests, I think that she is absolutely right, and I wish there were more people advocating that position here in the UK! However, one of the crucial aspects she failed to enter into discussion on, in her little explanatory video (which actually did little to cover the reason behind her choice to leave her previous employment, and was rather more like a party political broadcast than an explanation), is the fact that those states in the US which have removed the prohibition culture from their statute books, have seen marked increases in tax revenues, as well as lower crime figures, in marked contrast to the claims of the prohibitionists, who suggest that automatically, upon the very moment of legalisation, sixty thousand illegitimate children will be born for every seventy thousand heads per capita, that muggings will go up seventy percent, that car crime and DUI notices will increase one hundred fold, and that people will dissolve into useless wasters.

Of course, there is a massive problem with the perception of the subject matter in the circles of power in high office, but I really think that there are much better reasons to have another look at the subject, and most of them relate to how well the states which have legalised it are doing.

Starting there, and then actually looking at the scientific evidence, would be a great start, and anything which allows that to happen for more people, is good in my book. I think ultimately, that this lady has her heart in the right place, and is thinking about the issues in a rounded, and sensible way. And, although it is unbecoming of a gentleman of my stature and comportment to announce it so boldly, it does not hurt that she is a fine figure of a woman! These three in symbiosis make great publicity for the cause as a whole, so good for her!

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: OptimusCrime

There is not going to be any money in pot once legalization occurs if the activists have their way. Anyone can grow their own plant and it takes little to no education to do it. I think your accusations are nothing but personal bias. Some people are just haters I guess.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
Oh, come on BH... There's been a running gag about folks partaking in their own supply for as long as people have actually been partaking in their own supply.

I'm sorry. I've never heard of that. I honestly don't think I've ever had a discussion about people who dispense medical MJ. I wouldn't ask you what was funny if I had heard the running gag. I was really wondering.

On kids, if MJ is legalized, it will be regulated, JUST like alcohol. Why would your daughter be any more likely to smoke if it was legal? If she's going to smoke, she's going to smoke, just like having a beer, even though it's illegal for her to. It's not going to change with legalization.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   

So yeah, jealous.

Working an honest job and drawing attention to yourself by saying "F it, I quit" while running a business is lame. You should donate to her cause, a new BMW by the end of the week. You claim I'm jealous because I don't agree with your POV or her act. That's a pretty weak argument to be honest with you.

You're right I should just call her an attention whore and say that I'm a much more honest person.

MUCH stronger argument to be honest with you.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

You can grow your own tobacco for cigarettes too, correct? There's sure a lot of money in that, still. I'm assuming you're calling, "some people", me.So why don't you just come out and say it? Anyhow, you can't predict the future and neither can I, so don't tell me what's going to happen once pot is legalized. I just gave you an example of a similar argument and mine holds a lot more water than yours.
edit on 9/23/2014 by OptimusCrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

So yeah, jealous.

You're right I should just call her an attention whore and say that I'm a much more honest person.

MUCH stronger argument to be honest with you.

That's a cute response. No you're just being facetious.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   

So pointing out how what you said sounded very stupid = facetious?

Alright buddy.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

So pointing out how what you said sounded very stupid = facetious?

Alright buddy.

To be honest, I don't know if you're agreeing, being sarcastic or just being a smartass from you comment. But I'm glad you finally stopped beating around the bush and said what you really think. Star for you.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

a reply to: MALBOSIA

You can grow your own tobacco for cigarettes too, correct? There's sure a lot of money in that, still. I'm assuming you're calling, "some people", me.So why don't you just come out and say it? Anyhow, you can't predict the future and neither can I, so don't tell me what's going to happen once pot is legalized. I just gave you an example of a similar argument and mine holds a lot more water than yours.

You cannot sell tobacco unless your are licensed to do so. If that is where Cannabis legalization stops - a government regulated - then it would be on the same level as tobacco. And most of the money in tobacco, per pack goes to taxes, not profit. I do not believe that the activists will lay down on that one. "being gouged for taxes while seeking medication" might be an easy platform to stand on. There will be some yes, but not to the extent of tobacco.

Anyway even if she is making money, it takes money to quit your job and run a campaign. She had the opportunity to use quitting her job as a boost to her campaign. So what? good for her. If you find fault in that I say your a hater, so we are clear.

edit on 23-9-2014 by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Really. What's wrong with making money?

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

First of all I am pro constitution and I believe that if we really followed it all drugs would be legal. That being said I think this woman is a scam and looking to make money. What kind of person exposes kids to that kind of language? She wanted to make a scene to get her 5 minutes of fame. Scum bag she is.
edit on 23-9-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Nothing. It's the way she did it. You don't act like that and expect people to help you. If anything, people should be telling her what she did was wrong. But in today's society, she's congratulated instead of condemned. I find her a fraud as she does not have morals when using language like that in a nightly news cast. She did it to make her point and be damned everyone else listening. I use bad language, but I don't do it at my job in front of customers. Same thing as her. The audience are her customers and she took advantage of them looking for personal gain. What makes you believe she won't take advantage of others to get what she wants?
edit on 9/23/2014 by OptimusCrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

That explains the way she quit her job then. She wants attention and. . . .

Doesnt everyone want $ or in my case £ though?

Is that not what captitilism is? Seeing a opertunity and takeing it?

While people are huffing and puffing and getting irrate she walks away rich....i say good on her, she played the game and won, I hope I can too.

<< 1    3 >>

join