It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some News Items Today That Perfectly Encapsulate the Stupidity and Evil Running The U.S.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   
theweek.com...
MAN FORBIDDEN FROM FLYING U.S. FLAG ON HIS SAN DIEGO BALCONY, BECAUSE IT MIGHT "OFFEND FOREIGN PEOPLE"

news.yahoo.com...
REVEALED: HILLARY CLINTON'S ADORING 1971 LETTER TO ATHEIST ANARCHIST, SAUL ALINSKY

www.marketwatch.com...
GOLD CRASHES AND IS NOW TARNISHED FOR GOOD
edit on 23-9-2014 by MKMoniker because: typos

edit on 23-9-2014 by MKMoniker because: clarification

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: MKMoniker

Do you live in the U.S.?

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Are these headlines supposed to show the stupidity of the news media or something?

MAN FORBIDDEN FROM FLYING U.S. FLAG ON HIS BALCONY, BECAUSE IT MIGHT "OFFEND FOREIGN PEOPLE"

The apartment complex called the incident a "misunderstanding," and has since amended its rules to permit the display of state and country flags.

Hmm... Non-issue that looks like it has been resolved without incident.

REVEALED: HILLARY CLINTON'S ADORING 1971 LETTER TO ATHEIST ANARCHIST, SAUL ALINSKY

I'm not even sure what the problem you seem to have with a then 23 year old Hillary writing a letter to a hero she had while in college. Is that supposed to be indicative of her attitude and values today or something?

GOLD CRASHES AND IS NOW TARNISHED FOR GOOD

Opinion piece. Enough said.

So please elaborate in your OP. You post a bunch of links with a sensationalized thread title and give ZERO other information. This is like click bait tactics that crappy or fake news sites do to try to get ad revenue.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   
you forgot the story of the 3 breasted women

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   
To SLOW DO -
Yes, I live in the U.S. But point taken. I went back and added "San Diego" to the flag story. By the way, do you know the end of your Avatar name is unreadable in the white stripe?

To Krazysh0t -
I thought the "stupidity and evil" of these three articles would be self-evident. My bad.

CAN'T FLY AMERICAN FLAG IN AMERICA - The guy was a college student, and the apartment complex thought it might offend foreign students staying there. Why? They are IN America, possibly on generous Foreign Student scholarships. If seeing our national flag "offends" them or the complex manager, then they have either hidden and dubious reasons for being in the U.S., and/or seriously conflicting loyalties and probably shouldn't be in the U.S. to begin with.

HILLARY CLINTON'S ADORATION OF SAUL ALINSKY - Her college radicalism has hardened into elitist swagger, but people need to be aware of her core beliefs if she is going to run for President:

www.crossroad.to...
SAUL ALINSKY AND "RULES FOR RADICALS"
"True revolutionaries do not flaunt their radicalism, Alinsky taught. They cut their hair, put on suits and infiltrate the system from within. Alinsky viewed revolution as a slow, patient process. The trick was to penetrate existing institutions such as churches, unions and political parties.... Many leftists view Hillary as a sell-out because she claims to hold moderate views on some issues. However, Hillary is simply following Alinsky’s counsel to do and say whatever it takes to gain power."

GOLD IS TARNISHED FOR GOOD - Yes, an opinion piece. BUT it includes a graph and stats, and the bottom line is alarming:

"Gold shined brightly at the beginning of 2014, with bullion prices jumping by about 13% from New Year’s Day until mid-March. But since spring, and particularly since July, gold prices GCZ4, +0.76% have been on the decline. Last week, the precious metal settled near lows not seen since Christmas 2013.

"Now, I know there are gold bugs who like to talk about the death of the dollar. But with other central banks actively debasing their currency and America on the cusp of tightening monetary policy, well, I simply don’t see how we can expect anything but a strong dollar for some time." (The stupidity and evil? All the Doomsday types preaching to get rid of your dollars and buy gold.)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   

The only stupidity the opinion piece reveals is the stupidity of people who bought gold because they thought its value would always increase, or that the economy was on the verge of collapse and gold would somehow retain its value.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

I agree. The only certainty when it comes to financial markets, is continual uncertainty. This isn't a topic you can make your mind up on, then put in a drawer somewhere, expecting it to never change.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
The problem with opines about precious metals today is that well, that is always the official opinion. I guarantee the banksters vaults are full of the stuff. They need it to back their loans to each other and large corporations. Not one of them could do business without it. The world turns on metal. Every thing is either made of metal or made in a factory made of metal. They know what "Quantative Easing" is leading to.

You just keep buying into paper, metals are reserved for the wealthy. The longer you believe in paper the more metals they can garner for themselves.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
The problem with opines about precious metals today is that well, that is always the official opinion. I guarantee the banksters vaults are full of the stuff. They need it to back their loans to each other and large corporations. Not one of them could do business without it. The world turns on metal. Every thing is either made of metal or made in a factory made of metal. They know what "Quantative Easing" is leading to.

You just keep buying into paper, metals are reserved for the wealthy. The longer you believe in paper the more metals they can garner for themselves.

Metals depend on their economic usefulness. If the economy collapses, iron will be more useful, and thus more valuable, than gold.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I work in finance and gold like just about everything else which is traded globally goes up and down, no surprise there. So called analysts are always writing stupid articles about price movements. Why the DOW will crash 70% this year! Why the DOW will hit 22,000 by december etc etc etc. Looks like a buy for gold presently it will most probably go up again.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Thought-provoking post, thank you.

"You just keep buying into paper, metals are reserved for the wealthy. The longer you believe in paper the more metals they can garner for themselves. "

Not necessarily. In a catastrophe or financial collapse, neither paper money nor precious metal will be worth diddle. The only "metal" that will count will be the food and drink in metal containers. And/or things you can "barter":

www.shtfplan.com...
16 BARTER ITEMS TO STOCKPILE

(I live in a Hurricane area. So, Yes, we think of things like this.)

edit on 23-9-2014 by MKMoniker because: clarity

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Metals depend on their economic usefulness.

Switch that around and you got it.

What do factories produce? What are tractors and combines made of?

What are bullets, fuel rods and computer chips made of? How do we get the loans to build and produce everything that is produced or built? Even our fiat currency is produced on metal presses.

I know we have been conditioned to accept other than metal. "Money" is elusive. Tangible Assets , hard assets, intrinsic wealth are all lost in the haze of "finance".

Only Congress shall have the power to "coin money" and regulate the value thereof. Printing money is counterfeiting.

The Federal Reserve is not the government.

The world turns on metals.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   

And/or things you can "barter":

…bearing in mind of course that stockpiling "necessities" is assuming that whatever disaster befalls your region will probably require you to become a refugee. You can't carry all that stuff along with you, it is too heavy and people will take it.

However, one can also "stock" a bit of gold or silver in small increments (like pre 64 US silver coins). I guarantee you that along the refugee evacuation routes there will be merchants selling water and or eggs and food stuffs. They won't be accepting paper, they won't be accepting diamonds or collectables of every whimsy. They will however "sell" you a head of lettuce or pint of water for a 1964 US Washington dime, quarter or half dollar.

Those who think ahead and prepare for any SHTF scenario will prepare accordingly.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

No they won't. They will want something they can use.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: MKMoniker
To SLOW DO -
Yes, I live in the U.S. But point taken. I went back and added "San Diego" to the flag story. By the way, do you know the end of your Avatar name is unreadable in the white stripe?

To Krazysh0t -
I thought the "stupidity and evil" of these three articles would be self-evident. My bad.

Well it's part of the T&C to give your own opinion on the subjects you are posting when you create a thread and not just drop large blocks of quotes or just links and leave.

CAN'T FLY AMERICAN FLAG IN AMERICA - The guy was a college student, and the apartment complex thought it might offend foreign students staying there. Why? They are IN America, possibly on generous Foreign Student scholarships. If seeing our national flag "offends" them or the complex manager, then they have either hidden and dubious reasons for being in the U.S., and/or seriously conflicting loyalties and probably shouldn't be in the U.S. to begin with.

Like I said, the issue was solved. It was clearly just a lapse in judgment by the management of that apartment complex. But regardless of if the issue was solved or not. The apartment complex is a private property and requires its tenants to sign a lease that stipulates what they can and cannot display outside the apartment. Sure it's a stupid rule, but it's 100% legal. Clearly the management later agreed that it was a stupid rule and redacted their stance. So again, it's a non-issue that was taken care of. If anything, the only stupid part of that article was that it was even written up and printed.

HILLARY CLINTON'S ADORATION OF SAUL ALINSKY - Her college radicalism has hardened into elitist swagger, but people need to be aware of her core beliefs if she is going to run for President:

www.crossroad.to...
SAUL ALINSKY AND "RULES FOR RADICALS"
"True revolutionaries do not flaunt their radicalism, Alinsky taught. They cut their hair, put on suits and infiltrate the system from within. Alinsky viewed revolution as a slow, patient process. The trick was to penetrate existing institutions such as churches, unions and political parties.... Many leftists view Hillary as a sell-out because she claims to hold moderate views on some issues. However, Hillary is simply following Alinsky’s counsel to do and say whatever it takes to gain power."

If you are walking down this path, this article and your opinion on it deserves its own thread. You certainly aren't doing it justice by sandwiching it between two other topics. Though I will say that you are trying to push some political mud slinging with this line of reasoning.

GOLD IS TARNISHED FOR GOOD - Yes, an opinion piece. BUT it includes a graph and stats, and the bottom line is alarming:

"Gold shined brightly at the beginning of 2014, with bullion prices jumping by about 13% from New Year’s Day until mid-March. But since spring, and particularly since July, gold prices GCZ4, +0.76% have been on the decline. Last week, the precious metal settled near lows not seen since Christmas 2013.

"Now, I know there are gold bugs who like to talk about the death of the dollar. But with other central banks actively debasing their currency and America on the cusp of tightening monetary policy, well, I simply don’t see how we can expect anything but a strong dollar for some time." (The stupidity and evil? All the Doomsday types preaching to get rid of your dollars and buy gold.)

So your whole point here was to show the stupidity of the "buy gold before the dollar tanks" conspiracy theory? Since this article is an opinion piece, you really can't take it as factual. It may present some facts, but that doesn't necessarily mean that everyone should follow the conclusion. Because again it's an opinion.

Though, going by what you are saying, you agree with the opinion and think that the stupidity of the article resides in the people who believe the CT that we should all buy gold before the economy drops out. But that is just a conspiracy theory, which are fringe ideas anyways and aren't overly indicative of the general mindset of the population at large.

To sum up, we got:
Article 1) non-issue
Article 2) political bias/mud-slinging
Article 3) an opinion that matches your opinion towards a conspiracy theory

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Shepard64

Why do I keep hearing about this 3 tittied woman? Lol.

I am going to be thinking about this forever...

As far as the OP.

Politicians are scum. Market price is controlled. Its cool to crap on the US.

Yup.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
The stupidity of the Americans can be clearly seen by the amount of people that see Sarah Palin as leadership material and not "white trash".

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

No they won't. They will want something they can use.

And if you have any "somethings they can use" they will take it from you.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   
When Bill Clinton became President, he was the first of our Commanders in Chief who had never served in WWII. He'd also headed to Oxford to avoid VietNam. At least George W. played around in the National Guard during Vietnam.

Now we have a Commander in Chief who has had absolutely no military experience, and his closest serving relative was his maternal grandfather, who fought in WWII and is buried in Punchbowl in Hawaii. Obama is openly hostile and distrustful of all our military branches, and avoids even photo ops like the plague. Even Biden has made comments about how "uncomfortable" Obama is around our troops.

Thus Defense Secretaries Panetta thru Hagel have not had any close supervision, and have encouraged our Spec Ops to mushroom. And Panetta even went along with the bone-headed idea to fake killing Bin Laden in May 2011 - when Bin Laden's really been dead since December 2001 - to jump-start Obama's re-election campaign, and make it look like he had some backbone. (Yes, George W. knew Bin Laden died, but had to serve the Global Elitists by driving us into another MidEast war anyway.)

Some think that the U.S. was so quick to swallow the faked Second Death of Bin Laden, that Team Obama was too quick to attempt another "set-up false flag" with Benghazi. Imagine Team Obama's surprise that the public and Congress are still asking pointed questions and are openly hostile to their laughable cover-story. (Hillary's admitted that the stupid idea to blame the obscure "anti-Islam video" was her idea - verified in her recent book.)

And all the new Spec Ops, from all branches, were never announced, but apparently have all the Congressional funding they need. There are even rumors that Spec Ops (possibly ours, since it's documented we found and trained Syrian rebels), also trained the ISIL, the first well organized and professional rebel force with unlimited access to funding.

And amid painful budget cuts to defense-spending and recruitment limits, Letterkenny Army Depot in Pennsylvania is recruiting a stealth infantry ("indirect fire infantry") thru Monster.com, looking mainly for National Gaurdsmen. Now this:

www.washingtontimes.com...
PENTAGON TO TAKE ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT RECRUITS
"The Pentagon plans to expand a program that has historically targeted foreign nationals with desirable skill sets to include the children of illegal immigrants who entered the U.S. before their sixteenth birthday."

Like the Letterkenny stealth infantry, and using the Coast Guard (which reports to Homeland Security, not the Pentagon), is Obama's paranoia of our U.S. military driving him to recruit people more "beholden" to him personally?
edit on 26-9-2014 by MKMoniker because: add content, clarification

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I like polls. There's a lot of ways to skew the questions to get certain answers, and a too-small sample size from only landline phones can make the "outcome" somewhat dubious. But it IS a way to get an idea how the always-ignored "general public" really views people and issues. Especially since our lamesteam media only pushes the looney-libber viewpoint.

washingtonexaminer.com...
POLL: JUST 25% BELIEVE HILLARY CLINTON WOULD BE BETTER THAN OBAMA
Considering her blank list of achievements as Sec. of State, and the unmitigated disaster she set up for the Benghazi Consulate - then her cobbled-together cover-story about the anti-islamic video - she's obviously running on Elitist Ego instead of skill, accomplishments and talent.

POLL: HOLDER'S DEPT. OF JUSTICE MOTIVATED BY POLITICS ACCORDING TO 54%
"Outgoing Attorney General Eric Holder turned the Justice Department into an arm of the "president’s political shop," and was motivated mostly by politics, according to a recent survey, which was influenced by his handling of the racially-charged Ferguson, Mo., police shooting."

And what is it with popular publications/websites all of a sudden - who should be politically neutral - blatantly telling everyone but "ultra-libbers" to go away?!?

NEW YORK TIMES BEST SELLER BOOK LIST BANISHES CONSERVATIVE LIMBAUGH'S "JESUS ON TRIAL"
"The New York Times Book Review, which has a history of belatedly recognizing conservative bestsellers, has banished conservative legal author David Limbaugh’s latest, "Jesus on Trial", from its upcoming best seller list despite having sales better than 17 other books on the list.

"According to publishing sources, Limbaugh’s probe into the accuracy of the Bible sold 9,660 in its first week out, according to Nielsen BookScan. That should have made it No. 4 on the NYT print hardcover sales list. Instead, Henry Kissinger’s "World Order", praised by Hillary Clinton in the Washington Post, is No. 4 despite weekly sales of only 6,607."

ACCLAIMED CONSERVATIVE SITE "THE FEDERALIST" ABOUT TO BE BANNED BY WIKIPEDIA
"Three weeks after oft-cited 'The Federalist.com' accused a popular scientist of making up quotes and numbers in a speech, Wikipedia has moved to eliminate the conservative news site. In a surprise move, the hugely-trafficked Wikipedia posted a notice that 'The Federalist' was “being considered for deletion” after an unknown critic said it “does not pass the threshold for notability.”

Notability?! That is so laughable! Colleges/Universities specifically tell students to NOT use Wikipedia for research, since its "everyone written/everyone edited" content can morph from day to day, depending on what non-expert is having a temper tantrum at the moment.

new topics

top topics

join