It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You have all been duped.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frosty
Which government are you refering to Indigo?

Well, in this case we are referring to the US government and it's claimed cover-up in 1947 Roswell. However, it could apply to any government that has made contact with aliens.

[edit on 19-12-2004 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   
NO, the US is for the people as it is "by the people", we elect you, you serve us. If the US didn't care for its people it wouldn't spend $370 billion a year on defense.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   
if its for the people why did bush win?

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   

NO, the US is for the people as it is "by the people", we elect you, you serve us. If the US didn't care for its people it wouldn't spend $370 billion a year on defense.

ROFLMFAO !!!!!!
Frosty you crack me up!

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Whatever, you can believe what you want in those regards. More mature and intelligent people will tell you otherwise. It has nothing to do with what we are discussing: Alien and government cover-up.

And spending $370 billion on weapons and the army, does not translate into "for the people" Another clueless Bush supporter.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Explain away abductions. Go ahead all ????of them im pretty sure it must be a 4 digit number at least.

I know Saucers can be explained away.

But abductions??

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Oh I see, so this $370 billion is just worthlessly spent tax dollars and debt, right? Oh, so when the civil workers come by and repair the roads, repair pipelines, and telephones lines it's not for the people. Oh, ok I see now? So in other words, social security, food stamps, government aid, and other such programs are aimed towards the secret underground lair of the reptilian Illuminati who are secretly studying spaceships aquired form interstellar travelers who could dodge blackholes, commets, and asteroids, but not the harsh New Mexico terrain?

XL5

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   
$370 billion a year on defense, for bombs, that kill other people who have friends who also protect thier people and its a cycle then. Is tax money for repairs and services, included in the $370billion?

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child
I have covered why a government would cover-up this up, irrespective of whether the contacts are hostile or benign, so do a search on that. To summarise:

You seem to confuse them as a part of us. Your assumption is that the government is looking out for our best interests. That is an irrational belief in as of itself.

Ah, Indigo... the one person I know who is even more paranoid than myself.

Yes, well, I'm sure that in your version of our government, the one composed of aliens, shadow puppets, and NWO peeps looking for an OWG, that it would be an irrational belief. However, we're trying to keep this on the subject of whether or not the military is using the UFO-phenomena as a mask for their secret aircraft, and why they might.

So while I'm sure there's a perfectly rational explanation of why they would, in your world of a One World Government run by shadowy pupeteers, this really isn't the place for a soap-box about the New World Order. It's about Aliens, Aerospace, and Secret Military Installations.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Frosty - It might be better not to get into it with Indigo. His/her belief in the New World Order and the Shadow Puppeteers is akin to an Evangelistic Christian's belief in Jesus. Neither will ever be convinced otherwise by reason, logic, or fact. Think of it as their religion. Which is not a slam on Indigo, but rather just a statement that you'd be wasting time on a fruitless battle.

Shorty - Swamp Gas! It was all Swamp Gas! No, but seriously... You bring up an interesting subject. Now when you say thousands, I'm assuming you're including people that no one would remotely take seriously, such as the homeless, the mentally insane, and whatever country's equivolent of rednecks. Or are you talking about credible witnesses who have a normal job, function well in a normal society, or otherwise aren't prone to fantastic tales or visual hallucinations?

As for the abductions, again it could be explained as illicit high-tech medical experiments by our own government, or corporations, or private research facilities. Medical experiments such as would be performed on someone would likely require clean suits, and perhaps some special high tech goggles with a visual overlay system of some sort (goggles to avoid getting infectuous fluids in the eyes). Seen from the perspective of a panicked, heavily drugged patient, I could see how these two bits of equipment might make someone look like one of The Grays. The lab itself might be full of extremely high-tech equipment not seen in your average hospital.

Who knows why such experiments would be performed though. Maybe it's simply to test out new drugs medical equipment in the early stages before FDA or AMA approval, before they can legally obtain test subjects.

Now, floaty tractor-beam thingies also must be considered, since those often enter into abduction scenarios. Perhaps using a combination of mind-affecting chemical gasses and hypnotic light patterns, one can give someone else the sensation of floating. The gasses wouldn't neccesarily be visible, and the hypnotic light patterns could be the "tractor beam". This could keep the person stunned enough that the lab techs could strap them into whatever gurney or table is needed, and after a simple injection to knock them out, they can be safely stowed and moved until they are in the lab itself.

While this is not exactly a pleasant scenario either, it's one way to possibly explain abductions without requiring actual aliens or flying saucers.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   

I think you mean aware?

Yes, well, I'm sure that in your version of our government, the one composed of aliens, shadow puppets, and NWO peeps looking for an OWG, that it would be an irrational belief. However, we're trying to keep this on the subject of whether or not the military is using the UFO-phenomena as a mask for their secret aircraft, and why they might.

So while I'm sure there's a perfectly rational explanation of why they would, in your world of a One World Government run by shadowy pupeteers, this really isn't the place for a soap-box about the New World Order. It's about Aliens, Aerospace, and Secret Military Installations.

Acutally, you are the first person to bring it up. What I said to you that your underlying assumption that the government is looking after our interests is flawed and based on an irrational belief. This statement is mutually exclusive of anything pertaining to NWO. Stay on topic please.

If you want to discuss NWO, we can finish where we are left off in the topic, before you made a quick exit.

Once again, you have missed the boat.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by thelibra

I think you mean aware?

Whatever gets you to sleep at night.

If you want to discuss NWO, we can finish where we are left off in the topic, before you made a quick exit.

No, that's quite alright. One can't argue against religion, because faith overrides reason, logic, and fact. And the NWO is your religion. I'm going to save my thoughts there for someone more open-minded.

[edit on 12/19/2004 by thelibra]

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Oh I see, so this $370 billion is just worthlessly spent tax dollars and debt, right? Oh, so when the civil workers come by and repair the roads, repair pipelines, and telephones lines it's not for the people. Oh, ok I see now? So in other words, social security, food stamps, government aid, and other such programs are aimed towards the secret underground lair of the reptilian Illuminati who are secretly studying spaceships aquired form interstellar travelers who could dodge blackholes, commets, and asteroids, but not the harsh New Mexico terrain?

As I said clueless Bush supporter. Social security is not a part of the defence budget; it is part of the Social security budget.

The defence budget is alloted to the armed forces, wars, policing forces, and weapons research and development. I don't see how that translates to "for the people" necessarily.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   

No, that's quite alright. One can't argue against religion, because faith overrides reason, logic, and fact. And the NWO is your religion. I'm going to save my thoughts there for someone more open-minded.

Whatever floats that boat you keep missing. However, again, you are off-topic. In case you need a reminder: We are talking about your blind faith in the government.

Please, desist from the personal remarks. I understand your wounds are still fresh, but that does not mean you compromise your self-respect.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Whatever, floats that boat you keep missing. However, again, you are off-topic. In case you need a reminder: We are talking about your blind faith in the government.

The topic is NOT blind faith in the government. Go back and read the first page. The topic, if you even care, is whether or not the U.S. Government/Military is using the UFO phenomena as a cover-up for secret military aircraft.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   

The topic is NOT blind faith in the government. Go back and read the first page. The topic, if you even care, is whether or not the U.S. Government/Military is using the UFO phenomena as a cover-up for secret military aircraft.

You have probaby not noted, as usual, that I have responded in the initial pages of this topic. We are not discussing the global topic at this moment, we are talking about the point you raised in your post that ruled out a cover-up because of your underlying assumption that the government would cater to our best interests. I have contested that, and of yet, you continue to evade it. It's called a debate, something you are suppose to be trained in, apparently. Could have fooled me.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Thank you Indigo for bringing something that I didn't say that you claim I said to the table. I know the dfense budget does not include civil works, I was merely stating my case that the government does look out for the people, as it is a democracy we are under.

What are we Bush supporters so clueless to?

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   
The existence of aliens is irrelevent.

People fail to realize the importance of their own lives, and the existence of aliens is a prime subject to distract us from our own lives.

You only have your own lives to live. It's sad, but it's still so true. If aliens were on the forefront of your life, for real, you'd probably have something like inarguable evidence to substantiate your claims.

I really don't like this. I believe that extraterrestrials exist; I also believe they may have visited Earth. But I don't think running into the arms of an extraterrestrial is going to save you from being who you have been. Think about all your bad habits, all your good ones. The DEEDS themselves are not what carry our souls... how we come upon committing those deeds is what carries on.

I think no one knows, and people who claim to know are in no way playing with a full deck. Take stock of your own humanity before you go on preaching about the truth of the 'extraterrestrial mind.' If you have a mind, at all, you are no alien... no matter what planet.

The skeptics and the alien-hugging alike: it's a pointless argument and it takes you away from your own dealings. It's something to run to; dare you ever confront that which you're running from?

Jesus says to forgive the trespasses... have you forgiven yourself of your own, or do you just continue to pursue the alien matter as if you've done no deed? The devil would like us to consider our past sins when considering who we are, but alien and human alike: Godliness understands that our deeds are a culmination of who we have become... our personalities, our strengths, our weaknesses... the things we do to each other, or to ourselves. God wants us to consider who we are while the devil wants to prosecute us for what we have done.

Well, when will you stop fighting the devil and all of his persecutions, and start listening to God and all of his wisdom?

[edit on 12/19/2004 by ironyWrit]

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   
The stories I heard from my father and his friends in the 50's, would be the only reason why I continue to research this topic. The technology, if created then, would be something that could be compared to an Atlantean civilization. That in itself would seem alien to me even if it were "ours".

Even the Greys that people have talked about could be a government project but does that mean we just all have to forget about it. I'm sorry but this subject still need more investigation.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Thank you Indigo for bringing something that I didn't say that you claim I said to the table. I know the dfense budget does not include civil works, I was merely stating my case that the government does look out for the people, as it is a democracy we are under.

What are we Bush supporters so clueless to?

"When we ignore evidence of betrayl by our authorities, we ignore the resonsibility that comes with being a citizen" -- Brian Zebeaune

"A society of sheep, in time breeds a government of wolves"

Frosty, it's noble of you to place such trust in our authorities, but a wise man should remember that 99% clean air and only 1% poison will kill you. Rest assured that 99% of all government people are legit, but if we as the people refuses to acknowledge the evidence of misconduct by the poisoned few, we become their conformed accomplishes.

All men are not evil, and all men are not good. If we think only good men seek out the positions of power we are naive. A true patriot must always be prepared to defend his country from his own government.

In all irony, if we neglect to be aware of the individuals with less integrity, climbing the power structure, we become as much a guilty bystander as the onlooker witnessing a childrape.

Keeping our government true to it's purpose of serving the people is a task that in the end always has rested on the people. This task requires alertness, honor and bravery on the part of those who truely loves their country.

I'm sure you posses all of these qualities.

Sincerly

Cade

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join