It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghanistan's Karzai takes one last swipe at US

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Well here we go...

He said, She said, Who struck Paul?

Afghanistan's Karzai takes one last swipe at US

KABUL, Afghanistan

Outgoing Afghan President Hamid Karzai is taking one last swipe at the U.S., saying that America hasn't wanted peace in Afghanistan.

Karzai on Tuesday said that peace will come to Afghanistan if the United States and Pakistan really want it. The only president Afghanistan has known since the 2001 U.S.-led invasion said the U.S. wanted war in Afghanistan "because of its own interests." Karzai's relationship with the U.S. has grown increasingly fragile in recent years.

The speech was billed as Karzai's last as president. On Monday President-elect Ashraf Ghani Ahmadzai will be sworn in. Karzai has refused to sign a security agreement with the U.S. that would allow about 10,000 American military advisers and trainers to stay in the country next year. Ghani Ahmadzai has said he will sign it.

Well here we have it, Short but sweet , bitter....

It's awesome though that on his way out he actually mentions the ISI , I mean Pakistan in his outgoing speech. Out with the old puppet, meet the new puppet? 10,000 American military advisers and trainers to stay in the country next year because of him. So, who is this guy?

Ashraf Ghani

He joined the World Bank in 1991, working on projects in East and South Asia through the mid-1990s. In 1996, he pioneered the application of institutional and organizational analysis to macro processes of change and reform, working directly on the adjustment program of the Russian coal industry and carrying out reviews of the Bank’s country assistance strategies and structural adjustment programs globally. He spent five years each in China, India, and Russia managing large-scale development and institutional transformation projects. He worked intensively with the media during the first Gulf War, commenting on radio and television and in newspaper interviews.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Wow.... they couldn't get anyone more puppety could they? He must have won the puppet's gold medal from the looks of it.

The world bank is what stands out to me the most though. Also quite interesting is that the tally of the vote is a secret. They aren't telling people what those results were. lol...
edit on 23-9-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Holy crap! he lived in RUSSIA 5 years!

He worked "directly on the adjustment program of the RUSSIAN coal industry"!

Not again!

Oh wait... maybe I just forgot to take my meds...

Karzai is just a whiny little baby - he's lucky he survived the sweepstake to be installed as the US puppet. As I recall, there was some controversy at the time over his installation, and I'm SURE, I mean POSITIVE, that it worked out for him in a lucrative, bakshish sort of way when he did...

edit on 2014/9/23 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   
lol.. wrong thread. Have no idea how that happened.
edit on 23-9-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Well, let us not forget that it was the US that installed Karzai in the first place.

He was a favourite choice, having been their man on the inside during the pipeline negotiations between the US and the Taliban, before it all went belly up. He was the natural choice at the time, but I guess self preservation took over at some point.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

a reply to: nenothtu
I'm thinking all that as well.

Russia? Really? And Karzai only got to be 'president' (puppet pretending to be in charge) because the USA put him there. He's lucky to still be alive. Now that he's no longer useful, I wonder how long he'll live. If he has an 'accident' - no loss ...

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 9/23/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

If I wasn't, I wouldn't be me!

There's advantages to being a known curmudgeon - you can get away with stuff like that, and stuff like, well, just throwing right out there that Karzai was just a puppet. probably had Bush's hand jammed so far up his fanny that when Bush snapped his fingers, Karzai's ears wiggled.

I said he was a puppet when they installed him, and no one has shown me wrong since. His purse is POUNDS heavier out of the Afghan treasury because of it. Now, he wants to take a jab at Daddy Sam (Sam is much more to him than just an "uncle") so that he can somehow "prove" to folks that he WASN'T a puppet?

Puh-leeze!

that's so thin that Stay-Free wants to market it before Karzai can patent it!

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I'm thinking all that as well.

Russia? Really? And Karzai only got to be 'president' (puppet pretending to be in charge) because the USA put him there. He's lucky to still be alive. Now that he's no longer useful, I wonder how long he'll live. If he has an 'accident' - no loss ...

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

The only loss is to the Afghan treasury, and it's too late to put it back before someone notices, anyhow. There are plenty of folks ticked off at him, and If I were him, I'd buy an island somewhere - one with a fort and a gun battery - and "retire". There will probably be a race, in which folks have to draw straws, to see who gets to hang his head on their wall.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   

What of the new puppet. I couldn't care less about the old one, more concerned with how much worse the new one will be. And if seems the new one has potential for being an even greater puppet than Karzai.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

From the looks of his resume, he's got the potential to play one puppet master off of the next, and chain them right along, depending on what they want out of Afghanistan.

Wouldn't that be refreshing?

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Silly me.

I thought we went into Afghanistan to rid ourselves of the Taliban and win the war on terrorism.

*Apologies*

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   

lol...

Yes that does sound refreshing indeed!

this is too funny, and sad because its so darn true. He does appear to have the potential to do all that and more!

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Karzai lucky he he didnt end up like other former u.s puppets ..
And the puppet show goes on .. really wish theyd come up with some new plots the current ones getting quite boring and predictable ...

new topics

top topics

join