It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hypnotism and Islamic Suicide Bombers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Aural

When Buddha said, "All life is suffering," I don't think that was a misinformed summary, but a warning to the rest of us to wake the hell up. If the world is a shared delusion we escape to in order to avoid reality, how bad are things really? It is quite a shocking prospect. Maybe that is why humans sleep so much and why we are so prone to trance states. It is literally the default setting of our consciousness. Someone like me who was shattered in infancy, when I begin to put all of the pieces back together, so many things become so very clear. Maybe this is not everyone's reality, but I have lived my entire life in one trance state or another and it was deep pain that drove me to escape to what I thought was reality. I still don't have the full courage to face things head on, but I slept really well last night for the first time in 31 years, and it wasn't the sleep of the deluded, but the sleep of a weary traveler who could not continue onwards any longer. Whatever happens going forward, I guess I'll just be holding on for dear life. I think the proper response is to feign ignorance, but I've never been good at deception, and boy is this going to be a very high price to pay.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: kicked

I know nothing really. lmao. I'm not trying to be hostile to you, just to shake the trees and see what falls out.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Nechash

Peoples brains are actually supposed to function not fully conciously. It uses more energy and you use less thought if youre focused on every little body movement or something but there is important things left out yes but there is only so much people can do to get some of that back.

<< 1   >>

join