It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IDF shoot down Syrian aircraft in Isreali airspace

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Being reported on Sky News that IDF have confirmed they have shot down a Syrian Mig in Israeli controlled airspace over Golan Heights (Sp?).. Details are not well known at the moment but that's what they are reporting.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   
A link to the story would be nice....on Sky News now and haven't found it.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I don't mean the website I mean the TV channel.. I haven't seen it on the web yet.. Am searching now

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   
This is not from sky news but have found this so far..

www.businessinsider.com...

And from Sky

news.sky.com...
edit on 23-9-2014 by TruthArchaeologist14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthArchaeologist14

Thanks...

From your link....

The Israeli Defense Force said Tuesday morning that it intercepted a Syrian aircraft that infiltrated Israeli airspace.
"Moment ago, a Syrian aircraft infiltrated Israeli airspace. IDF's Patriot air defense system intercepted the aircraft," IDF tweeted.

Tweet wars.....

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Apparently It was a drone...

the mirror uk

Israel Radio said the aircraft was a drone and was shot down over the Israeli-occupied Golan Heights

edit on 23-9-2014 by Aqualung2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aqualung2012
It was a drone...

Reported where? Information is power and documenting it is key. If you have a source that it was a drone, lets see it.

Post Script: You added the source....thanks.

An Israeli Patriot missile shot down a Syrian aircraft that flew into Israeli-controlled airspace on Tuesday, the military said, without disclosing the type of plane it intercepted.

But they say later....

Israel Radio said the aircraft was a drone and was shot down over the Israeli-occupied Golan Heights

No real source on this then...

edit on 23-9-2014 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Just saw this on Twitter: @oritperlov: Wow RT @zaidbenjamin: #Syria | 2 Syrian pilots seen after #Israel downed their aircraft earlier near Kanaker t.co...

twitter.com...

Tried to put the pic but was taking forever.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ownbestenemy

You'll find a "real source," no doubt....

Judging by the influx of information regarding Syrian aircraft flying into Israel right now, I would say very soon we're not going to be able to search for sources fast enough to keep up.

edit on 23-9-2014 by Aqualung2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:37 AM
link   

isGolan Heights in Syria?

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Yeah details of this do seem very sketchy atm.. Just thought I would share it as there was no thread on it.

Sky News (TV) speculated that it could have been a Savoy aircraft. They mentioned something about it, not being Russian but like an old Russian aircraft or something.. Couldn't really take it all in but they also said that it's believed the Aircraft was bombing sections of Al Queda and may have flown into the airspace accidentally during this mission.. No source as yet as it was on TV.. am searching for more on this
edit on 23-9-2014 by TruthArchaeologist14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: option158

isGolan Heights in Syria?

Yes and no. It is a shared region between Israel and Syria that was borne from contention during the "Six Day War"

Absent this current report, this isn't the first time this area has seen back and forth from either side....

Edit to Add:
You have the power at your finger tips to answer your own questions.....why not use it or do you always rely upon others for your information?

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Yes and no. It is a shared region between Israel and Syria that was borne from contention during the "Six Day War"

If your going to give an answer to a question and then chastise a member for asking it like a pupil at least deliver it correctly.
Remember ATS used to have a motto called deny ignorance.
www.theguardian.com...

Cursed Victory: A History of Israel and the Occupied Territories – review
Ahron Bregman's account of nearly five decades of Israeli occupation is hard-hitting and rich in telling details

Bregman's account of the conflict born of the cursed victory is intelligent, informative and rich in telling details. His primary focus is on Israel; on the Palestinian side of this tragic story he is less well-informed. But he does deploy first-hand testimonies to show what it is like to be at the receiving end of the occupation with its trigger-happy soldiers, torture of Arab prisoners, systematic abuse of human rights, curfews and blockades. He also notes that a major feature of the occupation is the recruitment of an army of informers and collaborators as well as the insidious effect of this practice on Palestinian society. He is at his best when dealing with the diplomacy surrounding the Arab-Israeli conflict, especially in 1999-2000 when Ehud Barak was prime minister. Barak was a former chief of staff, and his country's most highly decorated soldier, but he was no diplomat. In a curious inversion of Clausewitz's famous dictum, he regarded diplomacy as the pursuit of war by other means. For Barak, Syria was a major military threat to Israel whereas the Palestinians were not. By making peace with Syria, Barak hoped to change the entire strategic landscape of the region and to leave the Palestinian Authority so weak and isolated that it would have no alternative but to accept his paltry terms. A peace deal with Syria was indeed possible but it carried a price tag: complete Israeli withdrawal to the pre-1967 lines, which left the Syrians with access to the north-eastern shore of Lake Tiberias. A meeting between Barak and the Syrian foreign minister under American patronage at Shepherdstown, in January 2000, collapsed when Barak refused to pay that price. Despite this failure, Barak persuaded Clinton to do his bidding at a make-or-break summit with President Hafez al-Assad in Geneva two months later. It was a fool's errand. Once again Barak got cold feet, fearing the electoral consequences of withdrawal from the Golan Heights. On the morning of the meeting, he gave Clinton a script that insisted on Israeli sovereignty over a 400-metre-wide strip of land between Syria and the lake. So the summit was doomed before it even started and themuch-vaunted breakthrough turned into a spectacular setback. Clinton discovered to his cost that there was no sweet-talking Hafez al-Assad.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   

I really appreciate the information "own best enemy" thank you.

P.S I will ignore the last bit of your post, really no need for that.

Peace.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: PLAYERONE01

Holding someone accountable for their own information is now an offensive gesture? If so, it wasn't meant to be.

Nothing I stated was factually incorrect....I don't have an agenda, just answered the question.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Clarification on the OP

"It was a Russian-made Sukhoi," a military spokesman said.
(not a drone)

Posted as a correction to my above reply. Read link for more information.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 05:12 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
This is not the first time that Israel is providing aid to terrorists

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: option158

Yes, but the Israelis occupy it...

I'm going to wait for more facts before I pass judgement but I don't trust anything coming from the Israeli mouth pieces. Everything they report MUST BE QUESTIONED, especially when it comes to claims against Syria.

I'm going to follow this closely and post my theory/opinion once more is known. It's too early to speculate even though there are some obvious theories that come to mind.

edit on 23-9-2014 by real_one because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
This says the IDF shot down a Syrian Su-24 Fencer ground attack plane at 10,000-14,000ft about 800m inside Israeli territory with a Patriot SAM, apparently it was trying to attack Syrian rebels near the border. Both aircrew ejected.

www.haaretz.com...
edit on 23-9-2014 by JimTSpock because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join