It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any Tips For Anxiety In A Specific Situation?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1
Did you fix your anxiety problems? fluoride is one cause although if you only get It driving then it probably isn't that just found this in my notes.

Fluoride also inhibits the production of melatonin and serotonin, both vital to our health. Similarly, fluoride has health consequences for diabetics by inhibiting the production of insulin. Of grave concern is the finding reported in the British journal, The Lancet, that fluoride inhibits or destroys acetylcholinesterase.
And then there's this from here www.zdnet.com...
Acetylcholine (ACh) is a neurotransmitter of the central nervous system. [...] Over the years studies have shown that when the body feels stress (for example when a child jumps in front of your car) the level of ACh in the synapses rises. In order for the body to return to normal levels of ACh a special enzyme called Acetylcholinesterase (AChE) which breaks down the ACh, springs into action.

If you want to get the fluoride out of your system a fast is good also Iodine and Borax are very good but you need to stop putting it into you first so no toothpaste or water unless its distilled water with organic sea salt Himalayan or whatever these both help remove fluoride out of you as well. then research foods high in acetylcholinesterase ive got a list somewhere so let me know.
you could try writing your thoughts down for 5 minutes what happens is you will pick up things from your subconscious that you are unaware of in between your random thoughts.

A fast for about 10 days cures a lot of anxiety problems, in fact it cures just about everything that the body can cure if you are going to do this let me know because there are specific things you need to do.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I've been in a lot of car accidents more then most people. The first year I started driving I was in 8 accidents most were minor. I hit a coca cola semi truck in the side. I rear ended 2 people. I lost control in a snow storm and hit a telephone pole. One accident was really bad I ran a red light and got t-boned by some lady doing 50 mph. She broke her windshield with her face. Another accident I was coming home late at night from a fishing trip. I fell asleep at the wheel and when I woke up I was going off the road. I jerked the wheel to get back on the road and the car started wobbling violently from side to side. I was doing 70 mph and the car started spinning on dry pavement. I did 2 complete 360's before I came to a stop. You want to talk anxiety I was freaked the hell out after that one. Not one accident was I wearing a seatbelt.

I haven't been in a accident in 15 years since I quit smoking the green stuff. I never caused a accident from being directly intoxicated it was just in my system from using the day or so prior to the accidents. The lady that t-boned me they found it in her system when they took her to the hospital. The police don't test you for drugs unless someone gets killed or you go to the hospital.

I get anxiety from driving myself. I think it makes me a better driver I stay extremely alert.
edit on 24-10-2014 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: wantsome
While on pot stoners are meant to be about 30% safer than people that are straight that's according to at least one group the NRMA in Australia

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: jinni73
a reply to: wantsome
While on pot stoners are meant to be about 30% safer than people that are straight that's according to at least one group the NRMA in Australia
I don't care about some study all I know is what I stated. I haven't been in a accident since must just be a coincidence.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome
I've been in a lot of car accidents more then most people. The first year I started driving I was in 8 accidents most were minor. I hit a coca cola semi truck in the side. I rear ended 2 people. I lost control in a snow storm and hit a telephone pole. One accident was really bad I ran a red light and got t-boned by some lady doing 50 mph. She broke her windshield with her face. Another accident I was coming home late at night from a fishing trip. I fell asleep at the wheel and when I woke up I was going off the road. I jerked the wheel to get back on the road and the car started wobbling violently from side to side. I was doing 70 mph and the car started spinning on dry pavement. I did 2 complete 360's before I came to a stop. You want to talk anxiety I was freaked the hell out after that one. Not one accident was I wearing a seatbelt.

I haven't been in a accident in 15 years since I quit smoking the green stuff. I never caused a accident from being directly intoxicated it was just in my system from using the day or so prior to the accidents. The lady that t-boned me they found it in her system when they took her to the hospital. The police don't test you for drugs unless someone gets killed or you go to the hospital.

I get anxiety from driving myself. I think it makes me a better driver I stay extremely alert.

That sounds like perfectly normal anxiety that we should all have to some degree while controlling a metal container on wheels at high speed.

True high level anxiety, does not make anyone a better driver, noooo way. As your breathing becomes more and more shallow, your moter skills diminish. As your thoughts continue to race you become increasingly distracted.

Pot can either help cause this anxiety, or have the complete opposite effect. All depends on the individual's reaction and tolerance.

I'm glad to hear you stopped and are ok, sounds like you were on quite a roll there with the accidents.

I'm of the opinion it has less to do with a bud and more to do with the individual mind. Consumption of alcohol on the other hand, ya, that crap directly causes car crashes.
edit on 25-10-2014 by GoShredAK because: Spelling error

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I have had the same issues. I would get panic attacks driving on the 401 in Toronto and GTA.

I used to be a very confident driver until I had to start driving on the 401. VERY busy highway. One time I nearly had a full blown panic attack while driving on it. My only option was to pull over on the shoulder but if I did that, chances of causing an accident or being hit were very high. So I had to continue driving to my destination. The only thing that kept me sane was concentrating on NOT causing an accident. I still get anxious when I do have to drive on it but I see everyone else driving and they all look fine. Fake it till you make it. Eventually it will get easier, and maybe there is no cause for it and it could just be a trigger. Even now, if I think too much about driving on it I can cause myself to have a panic attack. I think it's just one of my triggers. Exposing yourself to it can help you get a better control over it. I was prescribed clonazepam to prevent an attack but it also made me sleepy so of course I couldn't take it until I was safe somewhere. That also helped, concentrating on getting safely to my destination so I could take my prescription if I was still feeling an oncoming attack. Usually by the time I got there I would feel a lot better and wouldn't need the meds.

I truly hope that this gets easier for you. You are strong enough to overcome your anxiety.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I did a "terrified of going over bridges thing" that lasted a few months. It finally went away. I had to cross two over a large river to get to work, so I was determined not to let it interfere with my job.

Try "self-talk". "Just because there is fear, does not mean there is danger".
"Here is that pesky anxiety back again. Go away". Call someone on the phone and say "tell me a funny story". (or my fav.... "tell me how you lost your virginity". he he. Create a distraction. Look for a certain bird. (Mine was hawks).

Turn the radio up real loud and sing.

*You are not reacting to the freeway. You are reacting to 'generalized anxiety'. Don't be afraid of anti-anxiety meds.

There is also another method called "flooding',in which until you do it and do it over and over until you aren't afraid anymore.

My husband did this to me with bridges. I was crying I was so scared. At times I laid down in the back seat saying "tell me when we are off". Yeah, it was pretty bad. Didn't matter who was driving, me or someone else. I was still scared. But it wasn't the bridge per se. It was anxiety over other things. It just focused on the bridges for some reason. Explore the underlying reason for the anxieties.

Don't let this cripple you. It will go away sooner or later. A little work at it won't hurt.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

I deal with anxiety, panic attacks and PTSD, it's horrible. I also use breathing exercises to help calm me down, 5 seconds in 5 seconds out of deep belly breathing. Daily meditation has also helped tremendously. Also, journaling has helped me to get the anxiety out. I also use the journal to look back at periods of bad anxiety to reassure myself that I will get though what ever it is that's causing the anxiety, just like before.

My doctor has also been a tremendous help, sometimes meditation, breathing and journaling doesn't work and the anxiety just pushes through, so she gave me something for those times.

Good luck! Anxiety is no fun...

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I'm with ya. Totally understand what you're going through. I didn't get any relief until I saw a Neuro-Ophthalmologist (rare birds). My brain was being overwhelmed due to my astigmatism and the style of my glasses. I was wearing John Lennon type glasses, had too much open space on the sides, and I had progressives.

So, my brain was having to take in the peripheral blur on the sides, the close up reading vision low on the lenses and my regular sight midway on the glasses and my distant vision high up on the glasses. The Doc said to go get my eyes fixed and if I still need glasses to get the large geeky ones at that point for my peripheral vision. He called it a case of "disparity".

I went to a top Dr. and had my eyes more or less buffed and ended up with 20/15 vision but still had astig. I bought some cool Italian geeky glasses that look great and the major panic left, but rats, I'm still left with the learned response which isn't as strong, but it still happens. My son, a psychologist, wants me to unlearn it with behavioral therapy but the only Dr.s that treat this are far away and the route is through twisty cliff roads, lol.

Good luck, I still pop a .25 xanax now and then….

STM
edit on 25-10-2014 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: seentoomuch
I'm with ya. Totally understand what you're going through. I didn't get any relief until I saw a Neuro-Ophthalmologist (rare birds). My brain was being overwhelmed due to my astigmatism and the style of my glasses. I was wearing John Lennon type glasses, had too much open space on the sides, and I had progressives.

So, my brain was having to take in the peripheral blur on the sides, the close up reading vision low on the lenses and my regular sight midway on the glasses and my distant vision high up on the glasses. The Doc said to go get my eyes fixed and if I still need glasses to get the large geeky ones at that point for my peripheral vision. He called it a case of "disparity".

I went to a top Dr. and had my eyes more or less buffed and ended up with 20/15 vision but still had astig. I bought some cool Italian geeky glasses that look great and the major panic left, but rats, I'm still left with the learned response which isn't as strong, but it still happens. My son, a psychologist, wants me to unlearn it with behavioral therapy but the only Dr.s that treat this are far away and the route is through twisty cliff roads, lol.

Good luck, I still pop a .25 xanax now and then….

STM

If you can get away with only .25 every now and then, good on ya!

Xanax can lead directly to hell if you're not reeeeal careful.

I've been through the dang withdrawals, in moderation that stuff can be a portal to freedom. In excess it can be a portal to freakin hades.

I'm dancing on the edge of these places. It sucks when you feel like your having a heart attack or imminent stroke and xanax is the only escape......

Ps: I find your avatar pretty dang funny

edit on 25-10-2014 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

Thanks for that link. I may try it myself. My hubby had quadruple heart bypass surgery on October 15, and a mild stroke. He's finally out of ICU, but I have been having quite a few panic attacks and times when I feel like my heart is racing. I haven't been sleeping well, and I'm looking for something natural to help stem my anxiety and stress.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChiefD
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

Thanks for that link. I may try it myself. My hubby had quadruple heart bypass surgery on October 15, and a mild stroke. He's finally out of ICU, but I have been having quite a few panic attacks and times when I feel like my heart is racing. I haven't been sleeping well, and I'm looking for something natural to help stem my anxiety and stress.

There`s also the sleep version with one added flower instinct which you can use before sleeping.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

I'm with ya! Have been there. Xanax used to be cool for me. Actually it wasn't addiction that made me cut back to the lowest amount needed in a moment. It was stomach aches. Xanax rips me up with a sledgehammer ache. I guess it was a form of behavioral therapy in a way. There was no chance of me wanting more, I only want enough to breath deeply, just enough to catch my breath.

Maybe one every two weeks or so now. Just knowing it's in my purse and doing a bit of out loud self talk usually makes the attack ease up. But put a Mario Kart flying overpass in front of me (usually someone else driving, says they forgot, "so sorry" they say) and I reach for one.

Only take them as needed, K?

STM
edit on 25-10-2014 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: seentoomuch
a reply to: GoShredAK

I'm with ya! Have been there. Xanax used to be cool for me. Actually it wasn't addiction that made me cut back to the lowest amount needed in a moment. It was stomach aches. Xanax rips me up with a sledgehammer ache. I guess it was a form of behavioral therapy in a way. There was no chance of me wanting more, I only want enough to breath deeply, just enough to catch my breath.

Maybe one every two weeks or so now. Just knowing it's in my purse and doing a bit of out loud self talk usually makes the attack ease up. But put a Mario Kart flying overpass in front of me (usually someone else driving, says they forgot, "so sorry" they say) and I reach for one.

Only take them as needed, K?

STM

I agree, just having them on backup, knowing the option is there is often all it takes to quell a full panic attack.

Really speaks to the raw power of our minds alone.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join