It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climate Marchers Leave Trail of Trash EVERYWHERE

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
And what this little whine fest is really about is that in the mind of the whiners these people were guilty of something and icky the minute they decided to attend the march.

That's where you're wrong and it shows your immature level of thinking. Nothing is assumed in my OP. I had no idea of this march until I read that these people don't know basic manners. You do not understand basic manners are and I'm not explaining them to you.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

And what this little whine fest is really about is that in the mind of the whiners these people were guilty of something and icky the minute they decided to attend the march.

Lets be honest this was the only thing they could grasp at to feign outrage. It is attendance envy plain and simple.

Attendance envy? You people have every damn excuse in the book to cover up blatant laziness.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: OptimusCrime

A troll trying to teach manners? Really?

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   

A troll trying to teach manners? Really?

So, you're breaking your argument down into 1 liners now? How Scholarly of you.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Now we're expected to be scholarly in a troll rant?
I'll stick with short and to the point.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Have you ever been to an organised event of any kind?
A festival, rally...protest, fair, carnival??

*raises hand*

Yes --Yes we do work festivals and fairs

And my take on all this........

People as a whole are LAZY!!
Yes I said lazy
Not to mention rude and inconsiderate

I know, probably not the response you were expecting

Sorry if some of you find that offensive, but to really be able to complain, one must work around the public in what I call the 'raw' public
Not in a mall or a retail store because people understand that they have to mind their P's&Q's when in a retail store and act/behave a certain way

But in an open event like a festival or say a protest, well all gloves are off
People tend to act differently or as we say, their true colors come out

I have watched groups of people not 10 feet from a perfectly good garbage can just drop their trash on the ground for no reason what so ever other than they simply DON'T. CARE.

For the most part, we the vendors, have to pick up after them as well as people who dump the trash cans
Needless to say, those of us that can, tell them to pick their trash up PLEASE so we don't have to
And what do we get in response?
The sophisticated 'flip of the bird' is common--usually from white people who act like you aren't supposed to say anything to them

A good majority of people talk the talk but do not walk the walk

If the protest was not about protecting the environment, then this rant would be mute
But as it is, it does seem ironic that the ones preaching are the ones who are not considerate enough to clean up after themselves, taking it for granted that someone else would do have to clean up after them

After dealing with the public for 30 years, people are getting worse as far as being rude, inconsiderate to others and the filth that comes out of their mouths is mind blowing

People can be pigs, even protestors
No need to make excuses for them
They are acting like they do at any event--but I do see the irony here even if those of you don't or won't

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   

a reply to: eriktheawful

If it were the woods or a beach, I would agree with you but this is a major city with a whole department to handle this and the workers get overtime, it all gets cleaned up and ends up exactly the same place it would have if you brought it back with you to wherever you were going.

And this is what is WRONG with most of the world today.

NO ONE wants to take personal responsibility anymore.

Leave No Trace is not just for the woods, a beach, a field, etc. It's for EVERYWHERE.

That is what we try to teach the kids: It doesn't mater where you are. Practice Leave No Trace. Take responsibility for your actions and your environment. No mater WHAT that environment may be: Woods, Desert, Farm, City.

We teach them to realize that there may be times when you CAN NOT DEPEND upon the things that you generally are used to.

The: "Well there are people for that." is a very tired and useless excuse.

Hmmmm. I see trash laying on the ground. I'm going to leave it there because "there are people paid to do that". Hmmm, I see trash piled up against a waste bin, I'm going to pile mine up there to because, "there are people paid to take care of that."

You guys want people to stop polluting the air. You want people to stop polluting the water. You want people to recycle. You want people to take care of their environment.

And yet: you're going to give a pass to people that just dump their trash like they did because "it's in the city" and "there are people paid to clean that up".

My god. This has to be the SADDEST thing I've seen.

We try to teach our kids in scouting to take responsibility for their actions, and to care about where they are no mater where that place may be, forest or downtown NYC.

Can you say the same? Right now, the answer is "No. You can't." because you're too ready to give certain people a "pass" because they are in a city, at an event, or the city should have prepared better or....

"there are people paid to take care of that."

Activist indeed..........

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Instead of calling me all kinds of names, talking to you like a 5 year old is going wayyyy over YOUR head. I feel sorry for the people that decide to surround themselves with you. So why can't you comprehend, You must be able to write but not able to read. I don't think you get the point, buddy

Your words from back to front filled in with nothing but pink goop used in bs best served chilled. You talk smack with no substance. I think a mod should remove your entire post because it was COMPLETELY off-topic. And so are you.

ps hypocrite.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: OptimusCrime

Really, I don't think you get the point, buddy. You must be able to write but not able to read. I think we both write the same language, you write English, I write English. So why can't you comprehend the 5-10 times I've repeated myself about WHY THIS IS HYPOCRITICAL???

But you write nonsense.

That bin picture, that another poster put up, NOT ME, even shows the complete and utter laziness of this protest. Sure, just toss it as close to the bin as you can, let someone else pick it up. If that's how you live your life, I feel sorry for the people that decide to surround themselves with you.

No it shows that people collected and put the rubbish in the RIGHT place, it shows they tried but there were no facilities to cope with the amount of people and their rubbish, which is the fault of the CITY and not the people.
I put my stuff in the bin and the times I've been at events and the bin was overflowing or if it was similar to this, I would have done the same thing (put it next to the bin) most people would have.

The whole point of this thread is going wayyyy over YOUR head. Instead of calling me all kinds of names, I'd like you to go back and read WHY I am ranting then explain it back to me. Maybe talking to you like a 5 year old will help you understand better.

No... you think you're making a clever point about people caring about the environment but then they go on to vandalise and pollute with their rubbish by dumping it everywhere.
But you're not... at any event this happens... whether it's a nuns protest, climate march, rock concert... the "Please take your rubbish with you alliance" or whatever.

**** happens.

They have crews who deal with this stuff... it is their JOB.
Within an hour or so you wouldn't even know that the people had been there and that there was excess trash/rubbish piled NEXT TO THE BINS.

I think you're utterly missing the point... there is no irony here at all.

edit on 24/9/14 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

You keep pushing this "Near the bin" BS. You do realized there's a half a dozen other pictures with trash thrown all over the streets, don't you? I know you're just ignoring those to TRY and prove your weak point. I'm sorry, but it's not working.

If you think it's OK to throw trash on the ground, near a bin, or not near a bin, in any city, you have problems and haven't been raised very well. You plain out are saying "Someone else, who works for the city, will clean it up". Whether in a city or not, you expect other people to clean up after you. Sorry excuse for a human being.

You're still missing the point. This is no clever attempt at anything. Man your arguments are weak. A nuns protest? Really?You're really, really not making sense. This is a protest about protecting the Earth and the people protesting to protect the Earth are littering it.

Let me ask you these simple questions:

1) Is the protest about protecting the Earth?
2) How many bus loads of protesters came to the city?
3) Was trash left littered on the ground?
4) Would it be possible to hold onto it until a proper place to dispose of it was found?

A crew huh? Another lazy excuse. Each protester is their own "protect the Earth" entity. If each person at this protest cares enough about the Earth, they wouldn't litter it. And, from the looks of it, most of these people don't or the ones who really do care about the cause, would be scolding the others for making them look bad by littering during this type of protest. Which they didn't. Your argument is baseless and your opinion. Mine is facts.

Most of these pictures are after everyone has left and the place is still littered with trash. So, I guess it's ok that the rest of the public have to deal with garbage all over until your babysitters come behind you to clean up YOUR garbage. It's a slap in the face to everyone who lives near that area. You people come in buses, rant and rave, and leave. Leaving behind your mess. I'm saying YOUR because if you're defending this, YOU'RE a part of the problem.

Families walk these streets, along with their children and they shouldn't be subject to your garbage thrown all over, not matter if it's for 10 minutes or 10 hours after YOU leave. You came here to protest in a place that you don't live in and show total disrespect for the people that HAVE to remain there after YOU leave.

I don't want to hear about sanitation workers getting over time, or "they have crews for that", or "they didn't have a place to put it". Those are ridiculous BS excuses and if you want to live your life with nothing but excuses, then I feel sorry for YOU and everyone else who thinks like YOU. You sound like a whiny brat. Plain and simple.

Life lesson for you. If you make a mess, YOU clean it up, no one else.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Let me ask you these simple questions:

1) Is the protest about protecting the Earth?
2) How many bus loads of protesters came to the city?
3) Was trash left littered on the ground?
4) Would it be possible to hold onto it until a proper place to dispose of it was found?

These simple loaded, biased questions... okay.

1 - No... it's about climate change and about major polluters like the US and China not doing enough to curb their carbon usage and use renewables etc.

2 - there were roughly 300,00 - 350,000 that attended in New York I believe, raising awareness for a cause... but yeah, of course - All of those buses right?

*sigh*

3 - Yes, trash was collected in areas near to bins because there was nowhere to put it because the city and the council failed to provide adequate provisions for the marchers.

ZOMG!!! There's trash... IN A BIN???!!!!

Crikey... there was no room IN the bin so...*gulps* they left it ON the bin

*faints from shock*

Look at those terrorists... collecting their trash into a neat little pile to make it easier for the people WHOSE JOB it is to collect... whatever next??

Well this is just the final straw... they actually put all the signs and boards into little piles, AWAY from the street and sidewalk... how utterly thoughtless!!

A crew huh? Another lazy excuse.

But this is how life works, you're clearly not familiar with how events and there clear-up happen - That is how they're cleared up.
It's not your fault I guess.

This is a very boring and circular "debate" and while I'm sure it's fun for you to keep repeating yourself and thinking you have a point, it is, in reality, extremely tedious... your pathetic attempt to paint these people in a bad light reminds me of all the people vilifying the Occupy Protesters a couple of years back.

It's pathetic.

edit on 24/9/14 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   

For one, your second picture is a mail box. I guess they thought the sanitation workers would mail it home for them in order to dispose of it correctly.

It is a very boring debate. I'll give you that. I'm tired of repeating myself. You can't even get your fact, or your pictures straight. You only keep proving my point that these people left their trash all over for someone else to clean up.

E2A, they left their signs exactly where they were standing, on the highest point of ground, the steps, so other litterers, I mean protesters, could see them.

Nice Try.

edit on 9/24/2014 by OptimusCrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   

For one, your second picture is a mail box. I guess they thought the sanitation workers would mail it home for them in order to dispose of it correctly.

It is a very boring debate. I'll give you that. I'm tired of repeating myself. You can't even get your fact, or your pictures straight. You only keep proving my point that these people left their trash all over for someone else to clean up.

Well not being American I don't know, nor care what your mailboxes look like.
Either way, you can't refute my argument nor the pictures, you're clutching at straws mate.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   

I'm not your mate. I understand you're not American. Thank God. It's still no excuse and nullified your entire argument that they left their trash near "bins" as you call them.

Everything I have said is a FACT.

Trash left on STREET! FACT
Trash left on SIDEWALK! FACT
Trash left on STEPS! FACT
etc . . etc.

Everything you have said, comes from your own head with no facts at all other than PROVING my point, that the facts I just stated above are true. You just want to drag this argument on as long as you can in order for me to give up on my point. I'm not going to so continue on.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   

I'm not your mate. I understand you're not American. Thank God.

Everything I have said is a FACT.

Trash left on STREET! FACT
Trash left on SIDEWALK! FACT
Trash left on STEPS! FACT
etc . . etc.

Everything you have said, comes from your own head with no facts at all other than PROVING my point, that the facts I just stated above are true. You just want to drag this argument on as long as you can in order for me to give up on my point. I'm not going to so continue on.

No... everything I said is a fact.
This happens at every single event and there are people whose job it is to clear up afterwards.
People left ALL their rubbish near bins and in piles together.

You're boring and wrong.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   

All of their trash was not left on bins as the pictures you have posted show as well as the pictures I have posted hours ago show. Trash was left all over the entire site. From sidewalks, to piled next to bins, to tables, street corners and the like. Everyone who sees the pictures in this thread can see that for themselves. So you're obviously wrong again.

As to your second line . . you're missing the entire topic of this thread again. I think you're doing it on purpose now because you know you're wrong.

You had to change your entire argument in the last 2 posts because you didn't know the difference between a mailbox and a trash can. Come on man!!!!

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Here is a refresher for you.

1. Clearly not near trash cans.

2. Clearly not in a neat order like you said.

3. Clearly still laying there after everyone left for the rest of us to deal with.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup

I see you realize that you've lost this argument. Cheers, Mate!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join