It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wasteland 2: What do you think so far?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
After getting more then 3 million backers via Kickstarter video game developer inXile Entertainment has finally released Wasteland 2.

Source: www.kickstarter.com...

Note: Seems the backer amount went down but it's still almost at the 3 million mark.

My first impression is that it seems that there is SO much to do but with the amount of time they had to develop the game and the sheer number of backers it had I believe they could have done a little more work on it. For starters, the Character Creation screen as well as the general UI is a bit outdated and could/can be very confusing to people new to the genre.

I can't do a full review on the game yet but I will once I complete it. If your a fan of the tactical RPG games then I would say this is a decent buy. So, have you bought it? What team did you start out with? Let's discuss.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
With all the current zombie survival post apocalyptic games out now, this one kinda made me go 'meh.' I was looking for new games to try out last night and skipped this one over. I don't really like the perspective or the graphics; kinda reminds me of my old command and conquer days. Guess first person has spoiled me.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
It's great, if you are a fan of fallout 1 and 2 this is a must get!

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Septimus

As much as I love Fallout 3, I miss the old Tactical RPG days of Fallout 1 and 2.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

It's got that tacticl feel, with a bit borrowed from xcom.

Turn-based ftw

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
This is a 100+ hours game with any given set of characters.

For a game I paid 60$ it's a 10 out of 10.

ETA: I started playing it in Alpha btw, so I've literally played every iteration lol

~Tenth
edit on 9/28/2014 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Polymath

Started out with 10 AP for all 4 starting chrs.

1st chr was
Shotgun/leadership/field medic/surgeon

2nd
Blunt weapons/ Smart Ass/ Safe cracking/ demolitions

3rd
Assault Weapons/ Kiss ass/ Alarm disarming / Computer Science

4th
Sniper/ Weaponsmithing/ lock picking/ mechanical repair.

I rerolled like 20 times...

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Polymath

So far (a few hours in) I think it's a good game , it's got great atmosphere and gameplay and I think the graphics are well suited to the games setting , the freedom to kill anyone in the game is interesting , I killed most of the people in Highpool by accident ! ..... may restart now I've got a grip on the games mechanics .

So yeah , all in all very positive and looking forward to the next 100 hours ... or until Beyond Earth is released

new topics

top topics

join