It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Airstrikes Under Way in Syria

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69
They have had quite a bit of experience (..) with coordinated international military actions.

For Bahrian, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, UAE, can you point to me when and where?

My quote:

Who gave them the expertise to participate in a coordinated war against ISIS, instead of Iran and of course, the most important, Syria?

Umm, I understand the first part but could you please explain what the second or third parts are supposed to mean?

By your previous rhetoric question:

Supposedly Iran hasn't attacked anybody in a hundred years, Are they suddenly experts at war?

..the arab coalition haves expertise to fight ISIS, but Iran and Syria doesn't. So, I want understand, by your definition, how the arabic coalition(Bahrian, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, UAE) obtained "expertise" to participate on a collation against ISIS and Iran and Syria, didn't.

Those countries you've mentioned other than Syria and Iran have actively participated in other overt actions with each other in the past unlike Iran.

What countries are you referring to? and what actions?

Are you implying Iran has experience attacking others outside of their borders? If so, when and how many and whom have they attacked?

Where did I did that? Please quote me...

edit on 24/9/2014 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: voyger2

I'll wait for you to pull that together
edit on 24-9-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Slayer, you have just listed all the countries that were involved with arming and funding the terrorists to oust Assad.

I'm sure they are a wonderful pick for ousting Assad. Not for killing the men they funded though. Although - everyone is just cannon fodder to everyone else.

When is human life going to be more important than taking out states we don't like? That's a general question. Bombing Syria for YEARS (according to Washington) is really not putting much value on human life.

I am going to doubt that after years of bombing anything but cockroaches will be left alive.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: voyger2
For Bahrian, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, UAE, can you point to me when and where?

Gulf War I
Kuwait
United States
Saudi Arabia
United Kingdom
France
Egypt
Syria
Morocco
Oman
Pakistan
Canada
United Arab Emirates
Qatar
Bangladesh
Italy
Australia
Netherlands
Niger
Sweden
Argentina
Senegal
Spain
Bahrain
Belgium
Poland
South Korea
Czechoslovakia
Greece
Denmark[2]
New Zealand
Hungary
Norway

..the arab coalition haves expertise to fight ISIS, but Iran and Syria doesn't. So, I want understand, by your definition, how the arabic coalition(Bahrian, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, UAE) obtained "expertise" to participate on a collation against ISIS and Iran and Syria

How did Iran and Syria all of a sudden join ISIS being attacked by the coalition?

What countries are you referring to? and what actions?

Gulf War I
Kuwait
United States
Saudi Arabia
United Kingdom
France
Egypt
Syria
Morocco
Oman
Pakistan
Canada
United Arab Emirates
Qatar
Bangladesh
Italy
Australia
Netherlands
Niger
Sweden
Argentina
Senegal
Spain
Bahrain
Belgium
Poland
South Korea
Czechoslovakia
Greece
Denmark[2]
New Zealand
Hungary
Norway

Where did I did that? Please quote me...

I wasn't quoting you nor saying that was the case, I was asking a question.

'Are you implying Iran has experience attacking others outside of their borders? If so, when and how many and whom have they attacked? '

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: subfab
a reply to: Maxmars

i'd like to add the following to this discussion.

ISIS is an idea.
we have to destroy the idea. once we do that, peaceful negotiations can be had.

ideas aren't destroyed by carpet bombing cities,
ideas aren't destroyed by blowing up bridges or killing civilians.

military intervention should always be a last resort to solving problems and only in most dire of circumstances. seems we all forgot this simple concept.

Completely agree with you here. You cannot win a war against an idea/belief.

Pay attention, how exactly is sending U.S. forces over there going to make anything here safer? How exactly are they fighting to preserve OUR country and freedom? The thousands that have died and were wounded over the past decade wasn't enough...this time when we go over and fight against an IDEA it'll work(sarcasm). We refer to ISIS as some terror group, and we have had a 'war on terror' forever now...guess what it's still there. Stop causing mothers, fathers, brothers, and sisters to be killed overseas for nothing. If you really care and think that a war is how to preserve America, why don't you support using all these war resources to instead secure our borders? You know, the ones that people can just walk across. The ones that every terror group surely knows about. If you think going overseas to fight ISIS is the answer but forget about the border, you are a #ing idiot.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a stupid question...why Syria...now ?

isn't Iraq the main hotspot of ISIS activity right now ?

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   

How did Iran and Syria all of a sudden join ISIS being attacked by the coalition?

They didn't, you misinterpreted my question.

..the arab coalition haves expertise to fight ISIS, but Iran and Syria doesn't. So, I want understand, by your definition, how the arabic coalition(Bahrian, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, UAE) obtained "expertise" to participate on a collation against ISIS and Iran and Syria, didn't.

I must say I forget the interrogation mark (?) and you forgot to quote (Iran and Syria, didn't.)
so a miss understanding there

I wasn't quoting you nor saying that was the case, I was asking a question.
'Are you implying Iran has experience attacking others outside of their borders? If so, when and how many and whom have they attacked? '

I never implied such.
Nevertheless, you can find the so called "expertise" such has Bahrain, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, United Arab Emirates, in Iran, when he fought Iran–Iraq War (also known as the First Persian Gulf War)

I was out for lunch, sorry for the late response

Edit: forget Jordan

edit on 24/9/2014 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
This is such a crazy mess!! Watching the news this morning and I am in total disbelief at what our CIC has done. The journalists are not coming out and saying it but they are asking the right questions and getting answers with serious implications. One of the reporters tried and tried to get a better answer, asking a couple times, "Surly we had the cooperation of Damascus" military official kept saying "absolutely NOT!"

Obama did not get the consent of Syria before it bombed. He did not work something out with Syria before hand. He gave them the heads up an hour or two before he struck. He did not get UN approval. He did not get a congressional vote. He blatantly broke international law! Russia, Iran, and China are seriously ticked off and demanding justice from the UN. AND to make it worse, none of the bombs dropped were intended for casualties. It was to knock down antennas from buildings. Had he aimed for these places during the day, they would have had causalities.

Best take a look around and figure out what you can and can not live without, and what of that is imported. We could face some serious sanctions - at the least - for this.
edit on SepWed, 24 Sep 2014 08:54:29 -050029.tham292914p by mrsdudara because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Patriotsrevenge

We jam everything to blind them just in case they are stupid enough to engage any planes.

if you can see it you can kill it. Besides we are bombing at night which raises the question how do we know who we are bombing. How does a million dollar whiz bang know the difference, between "extremists" and what are called "moderates"… at night?

I've seen footage of recently bombed buildings, I highly doubt anyone was in them when they were destroyed. Like we already screwed up (again). We think bombing buildings will win (again).

This should lead one to conclude that we are bombing Syria, not "rebels". The Industrial Military Complex doesn't care who gets destroyed, as long as they are making money.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
The RAF are out practising today.. no doubt in preparation
for joining in against I.S.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247
Great...

When will the fools running this country finally bring our troops home and let the ME deal with their own problems? I'm tired of paying taxes for death.

Won't happen because war is profit. It's nice to think that one day it will, but I won't hold my breath.

-SAP-

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
One thing might force all the countries to solve their terror and related problem through internal means:

US/West can say that ANY country that has people involving in terrorism either internally or externally.........will have its people denied travel and visa opportunities in the West. Thus Afghan involved in terrorism would ONLY have diplomats given the visa. None for common folks and extremely selective for the businessmen.

If terror habits and instance still keep at it, then all sorts of travel and trade sanctions will be imposed on that country.

This will force the foreign governments to seek long lasting ways of reducing fanatics and terror type mentalities.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: mrsdudara

Did it occur to you that SYRIA doesn't want it out that they cooperated? In which case everyone is going to deny that they did, including in the press briefings.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Yes it did. Right up until I read how they went straight for Russia saying hey look what they did! They broke the law! At which point I stopped caring.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Because they HAVE to. If they say "no we didn't cooperate" and then DON'T protest and yell about it, it kinda blows the fact that they DID cooperate, don't you think?

It's kind if hard to keep a secret if you say you didn't do something and then don't react like you're supposed to.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Ok, say your theory is correct. Now what? We volunteer to be the fall guy and take the risk of sanctions or other actions from Russia, Iran and China? So Syria can save face. He wanted to destroy Assad last year. That is a big risk. Are you ok with that?

edit on SepWed, 24 Sep 2014 13:08:24 -050024.thpm242414p by mrsdudara because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

They aren't going to sanction anything. If they did cooperate then Syria will say as much to their allies, and it's all a big act. They can't let it be publicly known, to save face, but an ally can be told. I'm sure there are copies of the conversation that can be brought out if need be.

Even if they DID sanction us, how are those working out with the Russian sanctions. Seems that there's still a whole lot of buying and selling of Russian product on the world market.
edit on 9/24/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Update from RT and Fox News.

US military has confirmed that the US-led coalition have launched five airstrikes on the Islamic State militants – one of them hit the Syrian territory, while four others hit Iraq.

Follow RT's Anti-ISIS coalition bombing terrorist positions in Syria LIVE UPDATES

"Two airstrikes west of Baghdad destroyed two ISIL armed vehicles and a weapons cache. Two airstrikes southeast of Irbil destroyed ISIL fighting positions. A fifth airstrike damaged eight ISIL vehicles in Syria northwest of Al Qa'im. All aircraft exited the strike areas safely," the US Central Command said in a statement on Wednesday.

RT

American aircraft continued to attack Islamic State terrorists in Iraq and Syria with a series of airstrikes that were launched Tuesday and Wednesday, U.S. Central Command says.

The airstrikes were carried out by a mix of attack, bomber and fighter aircraft.

Two airstrikes west of Baghdad destroyed two ISIS armed vehicles and a weapons cache. Another two airstrikes, southeast of Irbil, destroyed ISIS fighting positions.

A fifth airstrike damaged eight ISIS vehicles in Syria in an area northwest of the Iraqi town of Al Qa'im, according to U.S Central Command.

Fox News

All those airstrikes to take out a few ISIS vehicles...

-SAP-

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

The west don't view the Assad government as the legitimate leaders of Syria,they are talking to the Syrian national council and have cut all ties with Assad for some time now

FSA has fallen on its arse and can't do the job it was designed to do,remove Assad by the barrel of a gun

Enter ISIS and we have our option to bomb a sovereign country without getting permission from the current government,and if the west gets their way a Syrian missile will take down a plane and their laughing bombing a clear path to Damascus for the FSA to achieve their mission targets

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Whereismypassword

And yet at the same time, despite a C-17 flying overhead, totally defenseless, not a single missile was fired. And none were fired at a strike aircraft.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join