It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pranksters Take Advantage of Gullible iPhone Fans With Microwave Hoax. The Results are Scorching.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Found this today and got a chuckle.

The iPhone 6 is here, and while many croon about the latest updates, there is one feature that the product does not have: the ability to charge inside a microwave. But a group of 4Chan users has been trying to convince gullible consumers otherwise, with an advertisement claiming the technology was real, according to Digital Spy.

Here is the HOAX ad.

And here is what really happens.

lol. I bet a lot of not so bright users actually tried this. Sad but freakin hilarious.

/2/]Link to original story.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Ha ha they do fall for it dont they.

Here's another one

Waterproof your Iphone

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I'm sure a good amount of people that have bought the newest irritation that requires itunes for simple file transfers are also gullible enough to fall for a trap like this.

Sorry for not liking ANYTHING from that company which it-must-not-be-named.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk

Here's another one

Waterproof your Iphone

Ha ha! too funny!

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I dont know whether too laugh or cry, why are people so stupid?? Lol. I bet alot tried it too! i wonder if their warranty covers that.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I don't know if I am laughing at them more than I am embarrassed for them....

I'm going to go with laughing, but damn that embarrassment for them is a really close second.

My daughter wouldn't have fallen for this when she was 7.

It's more than a little sad.

I like the comments under the article. One person said "If Obama had a son... And he had a phone..." Lol.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Strumming the guitar....

Wave goodbye, to your I (phone)

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shana91aus
I dont know whether too laugh or cry, why are people so stupid?? Lol. I bet alot tried it too! i wonder if their warranty covers that.

Nah, doubt insurance covers stupidity. LOL

What a moron....what is it with these people and their obsession with Apple?

Who wants an IPhone if it makes your IQ drop to the point where you will do ignorant crap like this guy did by believing that you could charge it in the microwave?

And then to top it off, post damn pictures of your epic fail on the internet for all to see

Remember folks, just because it's on the internet doesn't make it true.....................LMAO

edit on 22-9-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Haha, good for them. What a bunch of maroons!
^^That's all I'm going to say cause I could write a book on my disdain for cell junkies and I'm sure most people won't want to hear it.

If I recall correctly this same "hoax" went around with one of the other iPhones.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: proob4

originally posted by: VoidHawk

Here's another one

Waterproof your Iphone

Ha ha! too funny!

One better. I was at a trade show a couple of years back with this brilliant IT engineer. The products at one of the vendor's booths were being promoted as waterproof. There was a stream of liquid coursing right through their working models ... and I have to admit I was right impressed. We wind up with our fair share of water damaged IT equipment in our hospital.

So, the engineer says to me, "Wanna see something funny?" He turns and asks the vendor, "Is it okay?" Now the chick running the booth was there for her looks ... I'm sure you all know how trade shows are run. Anyway, she says, "Sure." and this engineer dumps a bottle of drinking water right into the stream of whatever liquid it was in the display. And whaddaya know? Snap, crackle ... pop.

Anyway, I never wanted to run from a 'crime scene' more in my life than that one. But a valuable lesson was learned by me that day. Still chuckle when I think of it, and wonder how many other people were deceived by 'seeing is believing'.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   
LOL my friend showed me this one hilarious thing, something like "Ice cream too frozen? Microwave your spoon for 30 seconds! Life Hacks" hahah

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I saw that on my google plus and instantly knew it was fake LMAO

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Hah!! No wonder why Apple is allowed to get away with polluting the world.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Saw it on facebook and damn near peed myself laughing.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

There are liquids that look like water but are not electrically conductive. When I was in charge of maintenance for a company I worked for a salesman came to the shop and demonstrated a solvent that could be used to clean any motor or other electrical equipment even while it was under power. Since we ground a lot of cast iron the solvent was a Godsend. It could be sprayed right through a running motor and clean it better than any other method we had previously used.

But what gets me about your "waterproof" story at a trade show is why would anyone do such a thing at a trade show. They must have been planning to sell as much as possible at the show and then quietly disappear, leaving a whole bunch of suckers holding the bag.

BTW - It might have really been water in the display. Pure water is not conductive. It is the minerals and other contaminants in the water that allow it to cause the damage. When your friend poured his bottle of water into the stream it would have caused the damage the "pure" water (if that was what it really was) couldn't. Even so, the people selling the "waterproof" equipment would have had to know that they needed pure water to demonstrate the equipment so they would still have been pulling off a scam.
edit on 23-9-2014 by happykat39 because: typo

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: proob4

What do you mean it didn't work?

I think the end results are perfect!

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnteBellum
a reply to: proob4

What do you mean it didn't work?

I think the end results are perfect!
Cheers
edit on 9/23/14 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: happykat39

But what gets me about your "waterproof" story at a trade show is why would anyone do such a thing at a trade show. They must have been planning to sell as much as possible at the show and then quietly disappear, leaving a whole bunch of suckers holding the bag.

Some companies will say almost anything to land a contract. So much equipment is standardized ... that one misstep is all it takes to land everyone with a lemon from the basket. No telling how long it would take to discover the fraud, and the probability is, the fool who fell for it would simply keep his mouth shut.

I can't even remember the name of the company. You're probably on the pulse of what their plan was.

-Cheers

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
OMG some people are sooooooo stupid!!!

If people actually believed this crap! They should be banned from using any electronic devices until they grow a brain!

But just for the record!

POUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

new topics

top topics

join