It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Took Rosco to a holistic vet and everything changed.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
As some know on here my sweet little Rosco has had a heck of a time with allergies since I got him. I was told he had a chicken allergy with many other food allergies and that he was allergic to fleas, pollen, grass and basically everything outside.

Well over the last two years we have spent a lot of money taking him to the vet to get treatment and nothing ever really worked. It was a fight to get him to even take a pill because of all his so called food allergies. Well in January of this year we started doing the cortisone shots and WOW what a difference! He was back to being a normal dog. The itchiness went away as did all the inflammation on his paws, in his ears and under his legs. He was playful and most of all NOT chewing or scratching! We did about 3 shots, one every 6-8 weeks. The thing is when the shot wore off he would start scratching and it would be immediate flare up. So we would then be given antibiotics for his yeast dermatitis and well that pill never worked, not in two years. The shot did UNTIL I had to take him to the emergency vet one Friday night. I had found out afterwards that cortisone shots can cause UTI problems and well that is exactly what Rosco had. He had a severe UTI with blood. I was so freaked out he would die so I said no more shots! I was determined to try another route with him so I finally took advice from moms in a Corgi group I am in and went to a holistic vet.

Well today was the day! Rosco was happy to be outside and in the car until he realized he was in a vets office!

So they take us into a small room and the vet comes in. I was curious to see what they did and then she whips out a pendulum. I am familiar with pendulums since I use to use them myself years ago for personal reasons and they were pretty amazing. What this doctor did was unreal and it was something I had never seen. She explained what she was doing and honestly I understood about half because my son was not happy being stuck in his stroller so between him yelling and trying to listen to the doctor I got about half the information.....

What I did get is that he is NOT allergic to any of the things we were told. She used the pendulum and some vials of liquid. I missed what she had said was in them and the pendulum reacted differently when they were placed on Rosco's body. What he IS allergic to is chemicals in cleaner, perfume and stuff like that. He is not allergic to chicken, grass or pollen. She said he shouldn't' have beef or lamb and that his current diet of fish is just fine but I can add chicken to it.

I was always puzzled previously with his allergies because I did everything they said to do and yet he still itched and chewed unless he had a cortisone shot. To me the shot didn't fix anything it masked it. It suppressed it. It did nothing to help the underlying problem he had, which until now I had no idea.

So I will be cleaning my house of all chemicals and cleaners. I will make my own cleaning products, she did give me a list of all natural products I can buy and a list of how to make various cleaners myself. I had always said I would make my own and never got around to it well now I have a reason to. I was using clorox wipes in the bathroom where he went on his pee pee pads to clean up. I also used comet to clean the floors on a daily basis. I feel so bad. I had no idea that is what was bothering him. She gave me a few different things for him to take. One is a kind of algae that will clear up the chemical toxicity in his system, the other is an antihistamine and the last one is basically like fish oil. She wants to see him in a month to see how he is doing.

I know many people will find this method cooky or nutty but if you ask me there is more to holistic medicine than people realize. I mean our ancestors for centuries used such methods to treat their people. There wasn't always big pharma! I was tired of all the pills in my dogs system that i kept reading could shorten his life and they made him just not himself, unless he had the shot which then resulted in a $300 emergency vet bill.

I spoke with many different people in various dog forums about his allergies and so many suggested this kind of vet that had similar issues. It was their responses that made me finally choose this doctor, well their responses and wanting to get Rosco better. I had many tell me that their dog was totally different after treatment from their holistic vet vs using the regular vet with all the pills. I will still see our regular vet for other issues but when it comes to his allergies I will go to the holistic vet.

So my job tomorrow will to make this a "green" house!

Anyone else every use a holistic vet??

Here is my spoiled furry boy

And then my furry boy and my real boy lol, they are the best of friends!

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Wow, you look gorgeous and that son of yours could win every baby contest in town! WOW! I'm glad that you finalyy found a solution to Rosco's problems! You should share your natural cleaning products recipes.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Hahahahahahaha that underbite!!!!

Hope all your hard work pays off!

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
A little off topic, but I have started using Young Living essential oils for ailments and other things, and OMG. The results are amazing. My hair is even growing back from using cedarwood oil a few times a day! These things are amazing. There is an oil for almost any ailment. Some I have found work better than others but everyone is different. I diffuse a concoction of oils call Peace and Calming (can't remember what all oils are in it) when I go to sleep and I have never slept so well and woken up so refreshed in my life. I use to take Ambien to sleep. Not any more!

I encourage everyone to look into essential oils.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Wow, you look gorgeous and that son of yours could win every baby contest in town! WOW! I'm glad that you finalyy found a solution to Rosco's problems! You should share your natural cleaning products recipes.

She is pretty gorgeous isn't she?

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   
S&F for such a good thread. A lot of the chemicals in our houses can trigger allergies for people too. The problem is so wide spread and everchanging that it is funny that every house doesn't have at least one sick person in it.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Glad you figured it out. Yay for Rosco!
i
We don't clean at our place... only tidy. That way we live in harmony with all levels of our existence including bacteria, viruses etc. Never get sick either. I realise that isn't ok with everyone but on a working level the principles are the same.

Less cleaning, less stress... what more could a body want?

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Cute puppy...and the humans ain't bad either...LOL.

Really sweet picture. Hope Rosco improves.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver
Good boy Rosco!
What a cool looking dog-I love his pokey out bottom teeth!
Glad to hear you have found a way to make him better.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: denybedoomed

Hello... is it me you're looking for...?

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Awe thank you sweetie

Yes I sure hope this helps him because honestly I was getting really frustrated with it all and I felt horrible for him.

I will definitely share what i find and how it works!

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   

One could say he had me at his underbite!

When I saw the ad on Craigslist it was one picture that got me. He was sitting on a chair and all i saw were his teeth! He was just so cute. I met him the next day and he jumped in my lap when I called him and he started licking me. I knew he was the perfect dog for me.

It wasn't easy in the beginning. He was not trained like I was told and i found out a week after i got him I was pregnant. I had HORRIBLE morning (all day) sickness and training him while dealing with that was NOT fun. I tried to get rid of him after a month and every person I spoke to ignored my conditions for him being adopted out and the people who agreed to take him fell through. I finally realized I couldn't give him up because I knew nobody would ever take care of him properly and he'd end up in shelters his entire life due to his allergy problems. I know that is why the people I got him from got rid of him. They lied about it but I figured it out when I got his adoption papers and saw the girl who I got him from her aunts name on them. I found it odd her aunt wanted to be there when I picked him up to meet me but then when I saw her name on the papers months later i realized SHE was the previous owner and the story they told me of him being found in an apartment weren't true.

He was my best friend while I was pregnant and he still is. He is MY dog for sure! My husband even jokes about how I'm his girlfriend lol. He is my boy.

I hope so too! If not we move on to the next thing and that will be a dermatologist for allergy screening, which is very expensive but I can't stand seeing him this way so it would be worth it. Every dollar we have spent has been worth it. He takes a few meds now a day but in time he shouldn't have to take any.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: NWOMGWTF
A little off topic, but I have started using Young Living essential oils for ailments and other things, and OMG. The results are amazing. My hair is even growing back from using cedarwood oil a few times a day! These things are amazing. There is an oil for almost any ailment. Some I have found work better than others but everyone is different. I diffuse a concoction of oils call Peace and Calming (can't remember what all oils are in it) when I go to sleep and I have never slept so well and woken up so refreshed in my life. I use to take Ambien to sleep. Not any more!

I encourage everyone to look into essential oils.

I have a friend who is obsessed with those oils!! I love oils. They truly are amazing. I was very into oils and crystals about 10yrs ago. For personal reasons I stopped it all but have slowly been getting back into it. There is a lot to be said to these methods.

I took ambien about 10 yrs ago for 3 days. I hated it! I do take a sleeping aid right now and would rather not but I have major insomnia. I would be curious to know what oils you use for sleep. I would love to try them if it means no prescription meds!

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: NWOMGWTF

She is pretty gorgeous isn't she?

Awe thank you

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
S&F for such a good thread. A lot of the chemicals in our houses can trigger allergies for people too. The problem is so wide spread and everchanging that it is funny that every house doesn't have at least one sick person in it.

Yup and the thing is most people wouldn't even think of these things. I know I didn't. It never dawned on me. I thought maybe it was dust or the cat even lol. I didn't think the cleaning products i used in the bathroom would be that bad for him. I always wiped it down afterwards to make sure it didn't have the potent chemical spray. I will have to wash his blankets and bed as well as all our stuff with new laundry detergent. That will be an expensive change but it won't hurt for either of us to use a dye free/chemical free detergent.

I use wipes to clean his paws with but they are all natural dye free and fragrance free ones I use on my son so those should be fine.

I bet a lot of people who have sinus issues and irritants have allergies to such things and don't even know it!

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: igloo
Glad you figured it out. Yay for Rosco!
i
We don't clean at our place... only tidy. That way we live in harmony with all levels of our existence including bacteria, viruses etc. Never get sick either. I realise that isn't ok with everyone but on a working level the principles are the same.

Less cleaning, less stress... what more could a body want?

I'm a neat freak. I don't obsessively clean though. I would drive myself nuts with a toddler running around messing things up in mins. I do the weekly cleaning and then once a month a deep cleaning of the house. I do clean daily as in keeping things in their place, vacuuming (have to with two animals with tons of fur and then my hair lol), dusting and stuff like that. My god FL is a dusty place!!

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Missmissie173
Cute puppy...and the humans ain't bad either...LOL.

Really sweet picture. Hope Rosco improves.

Why thank you

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse
Good boy Rosco!
What a cool looking dog-I love his pokey out bottom teeth!
Glad to hear you have found a way to make him better.

Thanks! He is a Pekingese/Corgi, prominent Pekingese in the face for sure. Whoever thought to mix those two dogs together I'd like to know why. lol

Yes I"m quite happy with this. I don't know what my regular vet will say but I will be honest with him. He has to go to him for shots next week so I will let him know because he will ask about the shot and meds he gave us.

I hope this works!

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup

Hello... is it me you're looking for...?

HAHA omg I love it!

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   

I was reading about an antibacterial additive that was being considered for soaps. It was the excretion of a common microbe so it was actually an all natural antibiotic. Now this excretion, from a microbe that starts with an S but I can't remember it's name, was approved a while back. I found this info when researching scientific information about allergies to this microbe. Only about two percent of people are allergic to this excretion so there is no problem in the eyes of the FDA into approving it. It can be absorbed through the skin from the laundered clothes. It triggers the HLA gene to produce histamine reactions. Now this excretion does not have to be listed as far as I know, because it occurs in nature, but not in the amounts in the soaps. Only two percent, that is only maybe six million people in the USA. That is acceptable to them I guess. Now, I do not know how widespread the chemical is distributed but I do know one thing. This is not the only incidence of this kind of thing. So how many different chemicals are used in products that only effect a few percent.

The food coloring Annotto has a rate of about twenty five percent that can't tollerate it well, but it is GRAS and used in lots of things and also since this highly processed additive is considered natural it can even be used in organic food. Just like Carrageenan which is so processed it is just chemicals but still considered organic.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join