It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill O'Reilly Wants a 25,000 Member Mercenary Army - HUH!?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Talking Points Memo

Stamping out Evil
Guests:Gillian Turner & Thom Nichols
With ISIS and other radical groups running rampant in the world, Talking Points believes there should be a 25,000 person mercenary force funded by the coalition of the willing to go worldwide and stamp out evil. We'll lay out a plan and hear responses from White House National security staffer Gillian Turner and Thom Nichols, a professor at the Naval War College.

Source

I'm waiting for the O'Reilly Factor to end so maybe I can get some video to back this up.
O'Reilly has dreamed up this idea that rather than send American troops or special forces in to clean up ISIS, America should hire, train, and fund, with the help of coalition partners, a 25,000 member mercenary force. He 1st argued with a national security advisor, and a professor from the Naval War College. He refused to accept any argument they shared, and basically stated they didn't know what they were saying.

Next, he brings on Mary Kathryn Ham and Juan Williams. Same thing here. He has always walked the tightrope, but tonight he fell off. Hard. What's even scarier is he has a very popular show (why?) and someone(s) is going to agree with him. I have heard some really crazy stuff on TV, but this one takes the cake. Boy, did I stop on the wrong channel tonight!

I'm scared political pundits like this may actually have an influence on those in DC. God, help us all.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
We don't need 25,000...if you send that many don't forget one thing...Body bags

All we need is Rambo.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: retiredTxn

There may already be 'contractors' on the ground there which the public will not be privy to, being as they probably aren't supposed to be there anyway *cough*

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
They've been privatizing the army since the first Iraq war. Xi/Blackwater/Academi being the most well known such force.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: snarky412

There may already be 'contractors' on the ground there which the public will not be privy to, being as they probably aren't supposed to be there anyway *cough*

The message is more one of showing ISIS WHO they are screwing with when they challenge Capitalism and Western values,we bring MONEY INTO THE EQUATION.....LOTS OF IT.

Why would we send our sons and daughters when we can send paycheques to people who need those types of jobs around the world,maybe we recruit ISIS recruits before they do.,with cold hard cash.

If ISIS wants to play Ball then lets start buying us some anti-ISIS attitude,with a GLOBAL talent search to support the buy-in.
edit on 22-9-2014 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
This must be how he sees himself:

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   

As far as O'Reily goes....yes, he can come across as pompous and arrogant
Very seldom do we watch him, it depends on the topic and who the guests are
If he gets overly passionate about something, he's borderline rude to his guests

Can't stand Hannity, he's worse IMO

Mostly watch early news if we have it on FOX and Greta, been watching her since the OJ trial & she got her job on CNN

Will have to admit, there are times that FOX goes where no other network dares to go when it comes to this administrations blunders

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: one4all

The message is more one of showing ISIS WHO they are screwing with when they challenge Capitalism and Western values,we bring MONEY INTO THE EQUATION.....LOTS OF IT.

If ISIS wants to play Ball then lets start buying us some anti-ISIS attitude,with a GLOBAL talent search to support the buy-in.

First, we have to have a leader who is not afraid to play ball with them

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I think Oriely must have spent the weekend with some scotch and had himsel a GI Joe marathon

X

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
BREAKING NEWS>>>
About an hour ago, American jets, along with jets from some of our Arab allies started bombing Syria. Guess we get to see how far this thing goes.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcouncil=wisdom

I think you hit the nail on the head. Looks like now, we don't have time to hire and train his force. It's full on from here.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: snarky412

Don't misunderstand, I used to be an avid watcher. As he has gone to more extremes, I have gravitated to other things during that time frame. His influence on so many is what scares me now. Some of my fav shows are on Fox, his not so much anymore.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: retiredTxn

Don't misunderstand, I used to be an avid watcher. As he has gone to more extremes, I have gravitated to other things during that time frame. His influence on so many is what scares me now. Some of my fav shows are on Fox, his not so much anymore.

Same here....we used to watch him but anymore, he comes across more often than not, arrogant and obnoxious, so we seldom watch the Factor
Shame too because some topics are worth watching, but he can't seem to keep himself from over talking the guests if their opinions are not with his

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer
They've been privatizing the army since the first Iraq war. Xi/Blackwater/Academi being the most well known such force.

And the point is ?

Some people need to understand.

When a certain party guts defense.

Cuts our armed forces.

That creates the 'black waters'.

The past 6 years of defense cuts alone I wonder how many new PMC's have been created.

That are outside of the 'commander in chiefs' control, and accountable to no one.

edit on 22-9-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Did Ol' Loofa Boy and Mr. Falafel offer to go first, be in the front lines, shoulder that rifle and march into war?

I didn't think so.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   

O'Reilly is often an idiot. He must have forgotten that the reason why the US COTUS specifically provides for a state funded military is so that we don't have a privatized army of mercenaries who owe their allegiance only to whomever can afford to pay them the top dollars.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: retiredTxn

Same here....we used to watch him but anymore, he comes across more often than not, arrogant and obnoxious, so we seldom watch the Factor
Shame too because some topics are worth watching, but he can't seem to keep himself from over talking the guests if their opinions are not with his

We still tend to watch him because, sadly, he represents the "moderate" line in this country. Go find some, talk to them and tell me how far wrong I am. It's scary.

But really, he's all over the map on issues and often thinks he's the smartest guy in the room when he has the dumbest idea about something.
edit on 22-9-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
And the most 'well known' PMC- Private military company is not 'black water'.

It is ISIS, AQ, Hamas, Hezzbollah, Taliban.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
And the most 'well known' PMC- Private military company is not 'black water'.

It is ISIS, AQ, Hamas, Hezzbollah, Taliban.

And you my friend, are so right. We have either created or helped grow, all of these groups. And funding? That goes without saying.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   

It does go with saying.

Yes the US helped.

Yes the US funded.

But they are NOT the only ones.

From Russia, China, Pakistan, Turkey,Kuwait,Iran,UAE, and Qatar,Saudi Arabia etc.

There is no one without sin.

Except maybe the Swiss.
edit on 22-9-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

new topics

<<   2 >>

join