It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giving is better than receiving. Let your light shine! An instant for peace and joy

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Whenever you give to others, you are like the sun shining to give warmth to others. That warmth is love; it lets you know that you are cared for. I lets you feel that connection to other people. If you give to others, others will more likely give to you and we will be light one big family giving our love and support to one another. People would be healthy and happy for sure, because everyone would always be cared for. Someone would always be there for you, if not one person, then another. Everyone would still be free to help others or not, because there would always be another person willing to give their love and support to help you out. How does that sound to you? Giving is freedom, so let your light shine bright.

The Kingdom of Heaven Is Within You

edit on 22-9-2014 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

I was on the bus in Wildwood, NJ and found 63 dollars laying on the seat. No one on the bus claimed it and I had no idea who lost it. Instead of keep it for myself I paid for the other 7 people's bus rides. I felt bad keeping it but knew that I'd never find the person who lost it. So, I figured I could do some good with it instead of just pocket someone else's loss.
edit on 9/22/2014 by OptimusCrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Aww....All i can give you is a S+F and my appreciation of you being in this world.

I will use all the love you just spread on my two kids, my brother and sister, and the rest to the human nation.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   

If all is one. Giving is receiving.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 03:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: smithjustinb

If all is one. Giving is receiving.

Yes. Giving is receiving because when you give to others, you give to yourself. All is one, but all do not know that yet. This wisdom leads to empathy, love, and giving. Giving is generosity and charity, and charity gives feelings of love, support, family, community, and love.

Here is Chapter 77 of The Tao Te Ching talking about how giving is balance (and is The Way of Heaven):

"The Way of Heaven is like pulling the string of a bow. When it is pulled upward, it is released and goes downward. When it is pulled downward, it is released and goes upward. The Way of Heaven gives from what has more than enough to give to what does not have enough. The Way of people is not the same. It gives from what does not have enough to give more to what already has more than enough."

When you give, you are giving to all (which means that you are giving to yourself and giving to others). Giving is balance and love. There is a verse in the Bible where Jesus says "what greater love is there than for a man to lay down his life for his friends?" (John 15:13). Giving is love.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   

It's a noble ideal to uphold and would be fantastic if we lived in an ideal world. The trouble is we don't, and millions of people out there will simply take advantage of your kindness and sap all your energy, leaving you worse off than if you had not given in the first place.

ETA: Remember, in order for this theory to work, everyone (or at least the vast majority) needs to be willing to give without expecting something in return. What percentage of people that make up the worldwide population do you think are willing to do that?

edit on 23/9/2014 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   

S&F nice little thread

Is always good to see a spark here and there

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

In the darkness one may shine as a star in the sky.
Every single person who holds these ideals high and lives a kind and giving life is a step upon the ladder for a better society/future just because the majority do not behave in such a fashion does not mean one has to join them, be thankful so many are showing you how not to live/behave.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Scratch my back, I'll scratch yours.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

Giving light will only keep you shinning. You will not become dark by giving light, you will only become dark when you stop giving/shining it.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme
How does that sound to you? Giving is freedom, so let your light shine bright.

The Kingdom of Heaven Is Within You

It sounds like a logical plan for a benevolence existence to 1 arpgme

top topics

join