It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France Is Pissing Off the Islamic State by Calling It Names

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ArchPlayer

I am quite against oppressive spitefulness seen in abrahamic religions and do hope they become less an influence on the world and are better all moderate but wantiing the majority of the world dead and planning it out is sensless foolishness.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Elton

What's your plan, then?

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: BasementWarriorKryptonite

My plan involves going to work tomorrow, I work with Muslims, Christians, Atheists, Agnostics and probably some others too.... I don't wish any of them dead (they are mostly a bunch of foreigners with B.S. degrees and above - not too scary as people go).

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 03:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Elton

That's mine, too. Unfortunately for us it doesn't fix the problem.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   
To be fair its not hard to piss off ISIS.

It seems just existing pisses them off, so not sure france could make the situation worse

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
What a joke. Is there anything that doesn't piss them off? I imagine them sort of like the bully with the abusive dad that just looks for any excuse to beat on you, to the point where blowing your nose offends them somehow. Perhaps that is trivializing them, but fear really is their greatest weapon.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

I prefer camel humpers..

Much more appropriate for this group.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAZ21
All in favour of Daesh, say aye!

It's about time we all agree on a name and stick to it.

And I agree we shouldn't respect them by giving them a great name like the islamic state. We should give them a derogatory name that belittles their existence.

My personal choice is "Gomer's Legions".

I call their honcho "Gomer", since he can't seem to decide what his OWN name is, changes it more frequently than many people change socks, and is a generally disagreeable parody of a soldier.

Yeah, maybe they wanna cut my tongue out for that, but their problem is going to be getting a hold of me in the first place, keeping themselves alive to do the cutting, and keeping ME alive long enough to git 'er done.

They can all kiss my Roman Crusader ass.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   

a reply to: AnteBellum

The fact that over 100,000 civilian victims have tried to cross the Turkish border over the past few days, means we shouldn't be getting bored about this, we should be taking it more seriously.

We should do everything with in our power to defeat the Daesh short of putting troops on the ground like Blair wants, because that is what they want, to make themselves look like the victims and get people to join their cause.

But we need to do something to wipe this disease out, or one day It could be on our doorstep...

I believe one of the reasons they are trying to goad us into putting troops on the ground in their territory is "collateral damage" - they can point to ours, and make some of their own, blame it on us, and voila! Instant recruitment posters!

Can't do that if we're not there to blame...

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
I listen to your palaver and think to myself.....
These ATS guys don't seem to get the fact that they are in essence rah rahing for ethnic cleansing of Deesh....
Yon Deesh unislamic guys....

"Ethnic cleansing" involves killing off an entire ethnicity - that's what the "ethnic" part of it means. Gomer's legions are not all of an ethnicity - their own people detest them. I'm o0k with eradicating all of Gomer's Boys, even the ones from foreign lands who don't seem to fit their ethnicity.

Permit me to remind them that the eradication of Daesh will involve killing them off totally.....

Correct.

Despite the fact that they too are simply being used by higher powers.......

So what?

There will be no prisoners taken in this fight.....on either side....

Umm... they've already started taking prisoners? I'm with ya, though - I can't figure out any good reason to take any of THEM prisoner...

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: nenothtu

I'm afraid though that Daesh is already taking hold, I heard a conservative MP use it on question time in the UK, he said it quietly and nervously but he did use it. I'm just wondering if it's more common than we thought, or if we have some members of the British government that frequent this site...

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: DAZ21
Just thought of this: Daesh.

D -- Dumb
A -- Ass
E -- eastern
S -- S***
H -- Heads

Little joke. Could probably be improved upon. ; )

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Neno, don't you think "Gomer's Legions" is a little mild? I mean, Gomer wasn't the brightest bulb in the bin, but he was typically viewed with affection.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Haha, what about;

D - Dumb
A - Army
E - Engage
S - Strenuous
H - Hammering

Or

D - Digging
A - An
E - Extreme
S - S***
H - Hole
edit on 27-9-2014 by DAZ21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Wrong Gomer.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

LOL! Oh no! I was thinking of Gomer Pyle! So, who is he referring to?

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

I'm afraid though that Daesh is already taking hold, I heard a conservative MP use it on question time in the UK, he said it quietly and nervously but he did use it. I'm just wondering if it's more common than we thought, or if we have some members of the British government that frequent this site...

It's pretty common - my wife started using it months ago. I reckon she picked it up from other Muslim contacts around the time that Gomer's Legions started rattling pans and making noise in a plea for attention.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

Neno, don't you think "Gomer's Legions" is a little mild? I mean, Gomer wasn't the brightest bulb in the bin, but he was typically viewed with affection.

Whatever else he was, he was a parody of a soldier, just like our new Gomer. Furthermore, it's a play on words, and has a double meaning that not everyone will get.

Besides, I couldn't figure out a way to work "Keystone Kops" into any of daesh's various self-designations.

CX

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I'd like to see no air time given to terror groups such as this at all.

No TV coverage. No fancy names. No newspaper reports about them, no matter what. No web coverage. No attention.

Nothing.

Just leave the armed forces to deal with them, and don't highlight every single thing they do in the media.

Just my unimportant opinion.

CX.
edit on 1/10/14 by CX because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join