It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warnings

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

I also had this problem I thought a MOD was messing with me because my post was pulled. Turned out I posted the thread in the wrong area. In the end the MOD even moved my thread for me and turned out to be very cool person.

I 2nd this motion.....or whatever it is at this point.
edit on 24-9-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Springer
If you want to know why your post was actioned all you need to do is ask the staffer who actioned it via PM. I would suggest being polite and genuinely interested in the reason rather than seeking to argue about it. That said, were only human and certainly do make mistakes so, if your post was mistakenly actioned use the Complaint feature so the entire staff can have a look.

Easy Peasy.

MR Springer on my time here at ATS i have always tried my hardest to be polite to the other members and staff and like this site because you do not get the childish posting that you see at other [ names redacted ] sites

As i stated earlier what i think off as funny [ pictures normally ] at 2 am after some falling over water
can get you the ban hammer .

Why not introduce ban's that are not permanent if you have been a member with a reasonable amount of posts

1 week or 1 month etc , one of those childish sites that i spoke off has a ban list that shows who was banned and why and if it is permanent or not .

It is SAD to see some members vanish when you do not know why

That is my 2 cents sir on how i could improve ATS

p.s how about letting the members [ stroke nutters ] run the asylum for 1 day a year for fun our day out so to speak

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: douglas5

We've been doing what you're asking after for years, it's called a posting ban. It only restricts your ability to post, it doesn't ban your account from the site like a total ban does. We use it for good members who we need to have a talk with, usually because they're just having a bad day or something got them fired up.

We're all about keeping members and their varied perspectives, we HATE banning people, well, 99% of them anyway..

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Springer

It would be good to know why some regular members [ say 400 posts+ ] were banned even if it was straight to the bone
ie being a dxxk ,trolling etc and do some of the bans have to be permanent in nature unless it is for / swearing/racism as i have looked over the last posts of some banned members to see what got them banned but could find nothing

And what do you think about having a open day here once a year / auction style mod for a day $100 ?

I have been thinking of ways to inject some fun here as of late people seem to be at each others throats in some threads and taking life a bit to serious at times .

I am sure there are some old members who would like their accounts back and if they were not banned for anything too bad buy back the account for $ 50 admin fee which would help the site .
edit on 24/9/2014 by douglas5 because: spellingssss

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   

I beg to differ, but I'm sure that would get me banned. So I'll just agree the mods.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: 00001010

I'll assume you were in that infamous 1% then.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: douglas5

While I appreciate and would otherwise support your idea, with what this site costs to run each month, $100.00 isn't worth the risk of the damage that could be inflicted.

That said, there is and always has been a means for reconciliation between old banned members and the staff, it's the Contact ATS email. It's served hundreds, if not thousands well over the past decade plus...
edit on 9-27-2014 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Apparently.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: rigel4

Hear thee.... A mod has spoken!

Fling thy self at the feet of thee merciful mod.

Thusly no hammer shall fall to shatter thy bones

Outlandish! And funny as all get out!
I'm reminded of Xerxes.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   

I've found that some of the email addresses provided do not work. I get an error message in my email.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join