It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"please insert cd in cd-rom" ISO troubles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I ahve been doing this for years (using ISO's) but lately I have been getting messages that have thrown a wrench in my gaming time. I have searched to web only to find similar problems but no working solutions.

Specs are....

Win 8.1
DAEMON TOOLS
8 gigs ram
Quad core
games are BF2 and Soulstorm (DoW)

Any helpful links or fixes?

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: I1Am1Ready1Are1You

Do you have the ISO on a cd that's in the cd drive? If you do not there are ways to make it seem like it is. Or maybe your ISO isn't as complete as you think it is.

Paying for games is a good practice to get a full working product.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
If it's a legit copy you can get a patch to the newest/working/ version then install a no cd patch from gamecopyworld.com

Soulstorm

Battlefield 2

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
With Windows 8.1, you don't really need Daemon Tools. Windows automatically mounts ISO files. If you really need a third-party program to do that, then I recommend using VirtualCloneDrive.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Do you have the ISO on a cd that's in the cd drive? If you do not there are ways to make it seem like it is. Or maybe your ISO isn't as complete as you think it is.
Paying for games is a good practice to get a full working product.

If it's a legit copy you can get a patch to the newest/working/ version then install a no cd patch from gamecopyworld.com

With Windows 8.1, you don't really need Daemon Tools. Windows automatically mounts ISO files. If you really need a third-party program to do that, then I recommend using VirtualCloneDrive.

thanks guys, I will look into this.... and.......yes....... it is a legit copy ;D (cough cough)

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Going to need more information than that.

Like, what errors are prompting up? What fixes have you tried? Did you do the first install/run while being disconnected from the internet?

Questions could go on and on. Talk to us?

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: digitalbluco

Sure, the only "error" I get is when trying to run the exe. file, I have the ISO mounted, (and installed). when I run the mounted exe./run application I get windows telling me there is no cd in the drive. and yes I was connected to the internet when I installed..... never heard/thought of that one b4. tell me what other information you need and i will be happy as could be to let you know what i can. I have about 15 ISO games and only about 5 of them give me problems. and the funny thing is, a few of them tend to work when thay want to.

Like Diablo 2, worked one day.... didnt the next... then back to working again... Fallout tatics ISO worked for a few days then never worked again.

edit on 22-9-2014 by I1Am1Ready1Are1You because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-9-2014 by I1Am1Ready1Are1You because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Also, I am currently re downloading and reinstalling these games, so far I have tried remounting, using other V.D . moving files and shortcuts to other folders, using compatibility settings and running as admin.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
You could always open the ISO with WinRAR, extract all the files to a folder then install from the .exe installer.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Obviously you are mounting an ISO, so I won't even ask. But hey, I won't judge, lol. Is this an issue with a certain game or can you mount other ISO files? I have a windows machine with XP on it that I used to use for games, but my main computer runs Linux, and I haven't messed with Windows since XP. I couldn't even tell you what Vista looks like, much less 8. And the version of XP I do have was XP Black. Or actually a further refined version of it, but my point is that I cannot help you with specific Windows issues of this nature.

But the first step is identifying whether it is a system problem, meaning no ISO's will mount, or if it is a game or corrupt ISO problem. Did you check your MD5 sums after download? Usually this is not necessary, but it might tell you that something went wrong. But if this is multiple ISO's then it is less likely that your file is corrupt, although it is theoretically possible for this to occur, and could point to a problem somewhere else. So if it is just a certain ISO file then I would see if you could download it again. If it is multiple files from different sources that won't work, then it is probably useless to re-download.

Now Daemon Tools might be the problem. I've used it in the past but I cannot remember if it had a free version or was subscription. Obviously if a trial ran out or whatever perhaps something is up with that. Someone said you could directly mount an ISO on Windows 8, and that is what I would try. See if it is your software or the files or whatnot. Troubleshoot by seeing when the problem occurs, and how broadly it occurs, meaning try different combinations to see if anything shows itself.

top topics

join