It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WATCH: No Matter How Many Times Al-Qaeda Shot Him, This Heroic Vet Just Wouldn’t Go Down !

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
That story is great and those guys are badass.
Its funny that today at work I was carrying up a full roll of visqueen (heavy plastic film) maybe 40 lbs idk 100'x20' up to the mechanical room on the 5th floor.

At the 3rd floor I had to stop and rest and thought about the Buds training I have seen on tv. I thought to myself this aint Buds and I aint no SeAL...lol...

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Don't like to jinx anyone but I bet he dies over something really stupid !
Life tends to work like that more than chance , hold off the DIY I say .

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Denoli
Don't like to jinx anyone but I bet he dies over something really stupid !
Life tends to work like that more than chance , hold off the DIY I say .

Well if you did I hope that chit sticks to you.

Sure you can go there. And you did. But why? (That's not really a question regardless of punctuation)

Dick move

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I was injured while on my annual training 25 years ago. I am no hero but I will tell you that pain is a all consuming thing. This poor bastard will have to live with the results of his injuries, how ever they happened. for the rest of his life.

After a while, most pain meds do not work and the ones that do leaves you so lobotomized that you can't function normally. This SEAL will have a more difficult time than he had with the enemy down the road. He needs your prayers not your scorn.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I dunno, if it were me I'd be getting out my war wounds... I was shot here and here and this one went here and came out here... Not showing the vest... I call BS

Oh and why on earth would the armour "fall apart after 1 round" come on now lmao
edit on 22-9-2014 by Meee32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: rockpaperhammock

During Korea, a B-29 tried to drop a magnesium flare, but had it bounce back up the tube into the cabin, after ignition. One of the crew members picked it up in his hands, walked a good bit of the length of the aircraft, leaned over in front of the pilot, and tossed it out the window. Even said excuse me to the pilot.

he must have been British

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

"Excuse me old chap" lol I see what you did there..

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Meee32

It doesn't "fall apart" after one round. It's rated for one round, because if a second round hits near where the first did, then the plate is weakened there, and there's a better chance that the second round will penetrate. It usually takes three or four to penetrate, but the first one cracks the plate, which weakens that entire area.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Maybe he should end his book with...I let one escape with this meesage..."Go tell you Friends G I Joe is the real deal"..Still not buying it. Sorry Guys.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 04:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Meee32

It doesn't "fall apart" after one round. It's rated for one round, because if a second round hits near where the first did, then the plate is weakened there, and there's a better chance that the second round will penetrate. It usually takes three or four to penetrate, but the first one cracks the plate, which weakens that entire area.

XD... Erm... Did you even watch the video? I am well aware of how body armour with metal plates work pmsl... HE says it buddy... Which is my point! Duh... lol
edit on 23-9-2014 by Meee32 because: (no reason given)

EDIT It's even in the first minute of the video! Watch it again please... So I see that YOU think it's dodgey too huh... Thanks for the agreement

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   
How do we know child bearing intense pain is not a myth like the mythical gspot? Men can't have babies so no men have ever felt the birthing pain to judge it's severity. It's only the word of women we have to go by and it's in their best interest to perpetuate the myth.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: tmeister182

What!? You think they're faking? Yes, the vagina will stretch, but they're still passing an object through a orifice several times smaller than said object. Get some KY and an 8 lb bowling ball. Insert rectally. Then come tell us if they're faking it.

On Topic: Obviously none of the rounds hit a vital organ, but that's still a bad ass move.

edit on 23-9-2014 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Bullets do not hurt for the most part. shotgun shot sometimes does.

The speed of bullet deaden the nerves around the sight of the impact and shock.

I got hit in the arm one time while blasting a stump and the doctor had to pull a piece of wood out of my arm about 5/8 inch diameter and about 3/4 inch in my arm. Try to explain how you got a piece of wood imbedded in your arm

It never hurt till the doctor pulled it out. And because it put pressure on the tissue around it it never really bleed.

Hiding behind a tree while blasting stumps did not work because there was a big boulder right next to the tree that the parts of the stump hit and ricocheted from hitting me.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

Anned, You must be a tough guy! I hope this doesn't start a rash of war stories. Bullets do hurt but burn mostly.l
edit on 26-9-2014 by buddah6 because: lobotimization

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ANNED
Bullets do not hurt for the most part. shotgun shot sometimes does.

The speed of bullet deaden the nerves around the sight of the impact and shock.

I got hit in the arm one time while blasting a stump and the doctor had to pull a piece of wood out of my arm about 5/8 inch diameter and about 3/4 inch in my arm. Try to explain how you got a piece of wood imbedded in your arm

It never hurt till the doctor pulled it out. And because it put pressure on the tissue around it it never really bleed.

Hiding behind a tree while blasting stumps did not work because there was a big boulder right next to the tree that the parts of the stump hit and ricocheted from hitting me.

This has to be one of the most confusing and bewildering statements that I've read for some time now. I've had my share of severe injuries; one of the most painful being a .22 caliber bullet to the top of my right foot. The only comparison I share being a hole drilled into your body, being topped of with rubbing alcohol and set ablaze.

No shotgun but damn it; It may have well been.

P.S. I've caught shrapnel as well courtesy of a Folders coffee can and a 1 lb of tannerite...danger close. Felt pretty much the same.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: nighthawk1954

Guys like this are freaking real life super heros. Just damn.

Thats a bad mother.
edit on 9 29 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join