It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coca Cola / Pepsi ? - enjoy !?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I just lost an entire text...

I will star again:
I think if pesticides can be found in sugar or in water - this is big problem anyway - especially for India. I hope, that the rest of the world doesn't have similar problems...

And about coke and other soda drinks - I found some more stories:
soda dangers
liquid candy
diet soda
The Real Dangers of Soda to You and Your Children

[edit on 7-12-2004 by jazzgul]

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazzgul
I just lost an entire text...

I will star again:
I think if pesticides can be found in sugar or in water - this is big problem anyway - especially for India. I hope, that the rest of the world doesn't have similar problems...

And about coke and other soda drinks - I found some more stories:
soda dangers
liquid candy
diet soda
The Real Dangers of Soda to You and Your Children

When you loose your entire text, hit Control Z immediately before you hit any other key and it should return it does here, assume if you are on a windows computer it will on yours also.

Liked your links and agree with several of them. As noted by the first one that had links to sources where schools are now calling for the removal of Soda/POP machines if you will and replace them with Juice or power drinks aka Gatoraide etc. Just one problem with that they have more calories then Diet Soda does. Go figure.

[edit on 12/8/2004 by shots]

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I'm drinking Coke's new C2. Oh oh. I like it.

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   
coca cola syrup is like super glue after it dries a bit. A mate of mine stood on some at the plant and we had to help him free himself! You need help to lift your feet out of it, its amazing! damn hard to clean up too!

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Oh, I should have read the ingreds 1st. I'm feeling the neg effects of the aspartame.

I only drank 1/4 of the bottle. The rest is now going down the drain.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   
A little history of Coca-Cola.

Until 1905, the soft drink, marketed as a tonic, contained extracts of coc aine as well as the caffeine-rich kola nut.

The guy who had invented first invented a very popular drink called French Wine of Coca, which contained French Bordeaux wine, coca leaves, and Kola nut.

When alcohol became illegal, the wine was removed and sugar, citric acid and essential oils of fruits were added.

Since 1929 there has been no coc aine in Coca-Cola. However:

The Stepan Company (a $400 million American Stock Exchange company) of Maywood, New Jersey imports 175,000 KG of coca leaves into the United States each year. While a controlled substance, there's many medicinal applications of Cocaine.

www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov...

www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov...

But one commerical place that these leaves end up at is the Coca-Cola factory. The company concedes to using a 'decocainized flavor essence in the coca leaves'-one of the few Coke ingredients the company will publicly acknowledge.

The leaf is ground up, mixed with sawdust, soaked in bicarbonate of soda, percolated with toluene, steam blasted, mixed with powdered Kola nuts, and then pasteurized.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I have heard that coca cola, pepsi and numerous other soft drinks contain flouride. That stopped me from drinking coke all together, but now pesticides? I agree with those who think the pesticides in the soft drinks have something to do with India's water supply.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   
My experience is dated. But I recall about 15yrs years ago, there was no Coke or Pepsi being produced or even sold in India. There was a prohibitition of some sort. If I recall correctly, the local cola there (which was a dead ringer for coke) was called "Thumb Up" and the logo was literally a thumbs-up sign.

Anyway, both Coke and Pepsi should be responsible enough to take notice and do whatever is necessary. India is a huge market for soft drinks but India can be very fickle at times. If this story gets enough mileage in India, things could get verty very bleak for these companies.

They should stop making denials and instead get down to the bottom of the report and make public and transparent, whatever tests they conduct to disprove the allegations. India is still very haunted by Bhopal and Union Carbide. Thousands died in their sleep more than a decade ago. Only recently did Union Carbide seem to take responsibility.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
A little tip for those who drink. I learned this from a doctor. I took my daughter to the hospital one night for vomiting. She was about 1 1/2 at the time. The doctor told me to help make her feel better I should take a bottle of coke and leave it open untill it goes flat. Then I was told to give her 3 oz. of it every 2 hours or so.

I went home shook up a 20oz. untill all the fiz was gone then gave it to her. She didn't throw up any more after that. Heres the tip though. He says he keeps a bottle of flat coke in his fridge because it settles your stomach extremely well when you have a hangover. And guess what, it really works!

Coca-Cola. Open a can of coke, let it sit until it goes flat (roughly thirty minutes), then drink the defizzed real thing. Coke was originally invented as an elixir to cure upset stomachs, and still works. Letting the bubbles out of the soda prevents the carbonation from further upsetting your stomach.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   
i HATE coke, i HATE pepsi..they both burn my throat when i drink them. YUCK!

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by dixon

Anyway, both Coke and Pepsi should be responsible enough to take notice and do whatever is necessary. India is a huge market for soft drinks but India can be very fickle at times. If this story gets enough mileage in India, things could get verty very bleak for these companies.

They should stop making denials and instead get down to the bottom of the report and make public and transparent, whatever tests they conduct to disprove the allegations. India is still very haunted by Bhopal and Union Carbide. Thousands died in their sleep more than a decade ago. Only recently did Union Carbide seem to take responsibility.

One would think that if in fact Coke or Pepsi were in fact a bad product this situration would appear in all areas of the word would it not?

That is not the case it only has surfaced in India where they are known to bad water.

That alone tells the whole story.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 08:55 PM
link   
i used to drink atleast 5-6 cans a day and i dont drink it anymore cause now im addicted to snapple lol ohh well it didnt taste that bad when i was drinking it last time

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Shots,

All I am saying is let's find out what really happened in India first before we go blaming the water. These companies need to be open. If it is the water, then they need to do something about it (if anything can be done at all). If it is a production problem, then they should similarly be open about it and rectify it. Just because they are coke and pepsi does not mean that they can never screw up. It's just the mentality which I have a problem dealing with. Hell, I drink coke all the time. But that does not make them infallible. In any event, if it is the water, it still is Coke and/or Pepsi that is being sold WITH PESTICIDES. Blamnig the water ain't gonna cut it.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Shots,

All I am saying is let's find out what really happened in India first before we go blaming the water. These companies need to be open. If it is the water, then they need to do something about it (if anything can be done at all). If it is a production problem, then they should similarly be open about it and rectify it. Just because they are coke and pepsi does not mean that they can never screw up. It's just the mentality which I have a problem dealing with. Hell, I drink coke all the time. But that does not make them infallible. In any event, if it is the water, it still is Coke and/or Pepsi that is being sold WITH PESTICIDES. Blamnig the water ain't gonna cut it.

It would appear that you are not aware they found pesticides during 2003 in the bottled water the two companies packed are you?

What gets added to bottled water during the bottling process?

Answer nothing.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Missing the point mate.

If Pepsi and/or Coke has got pesticides in it, then there's pesticides in it.

Blame the water, blame the weather, Hell, blame me !

It's still got pesticides in it and the report says that people in India are buying pepsi and/or coke with pesticides in it. That simple.

Assume that you will know that there's more than just water in a can/bottle of Pepsi or Coke, otherwise it would not be called Pepsi or Coke. It would be called water. Trite.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Missing the point mate.

If Pepsi and/or Coke has got pesticides in it, then there's pesticides in it.

No I am not missing the point, you did however. I pointed out that they found the very same pesticides in water they bottled in 2003. Nothing goes into water it is filtered that is all.

I thought by pointing that one point out you could clearly see that it has to be the water since water is filtered then bottled with no additives.

How pray tell did the pesticides get into the bottle water?

Surely you are not going to suggest that pepsi/coke bottlers intentionally added them are you?

Just for the minute leave pepsie and coke out of this matter since bottled water is sold as another product that also was found to contain pesticides.

Here for further clarification is one paragraph regarding the bottled water I mentioned. Kindly note it states in leading packaged water brands, that means all leading bottlers and even those produced by Coke and Pepsi.

"Six months ago, CSE tests had found pesticides in leading
packaged water brands, including those produced by Coke and Pepsi."

www.countercurrents.org...

Now as you can see it is not just coke and pepsi in the case of bottled.

BTW you can blame several activists groups for this, they are the ones ranting and raving not me.

[edit on 12/19/2004 by shots]

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Matey, I am going to give this one last try.

Otherwise no one would be interested in this thread but us.

The article states that Coke and Pepsi being sold in India contains high levels of pesticides.

Coke/Pepsi surely must contain more than water. Flavourings (which are produced) would have been mixed with water to make Coke or Pepsi.

It could be the water, it could be the flavourings, it could be a bunch of things which neither you nor I will be able to state for certain unless we have in our possession and control :

1. Coke or Pepsi produced in India ;
2. Water samples from the companies' water source in India ;
3. The actual physical additives and flavourings being used in the plants in India ;
4. Witnessing the actual production ; and
5. A test lab to ascertain exactly at which process stage the pesticides got in.

It could be in the water, it could be in the additives used, it could be the cleaning and recycling process for the bottles and so on and so forth.

Both of us are on our PCs going at it. It does not take a genius to guess that we have none of the above with us. So, let's not get into the definitve cause of the contamination because we are in no position to.

I have never said that the contamination was done on purpose. I do not know and I do not care. It's just that there is Coke and/or Pepsi being sold with high levels of pesticides in India. You do know that accidents do happen right ?

So, whatever the cause, they need to get it sorted out and that's the purpose of the Court order, to ensure that there is better sampling of the end products before the Indian public ingests it.

I had hoped that my original comments would seek some form of responsibility from the companies to be open about the problem AND FIX IT.

Since you have a fixation about the water being the source of contamination (although it is impossible for you to be certain), then if it is indeed the water, they either source other water or work out a game plan to import water. It is still Coke and/or Pepsi which is produced in India which has high levels of pesticides.

Pesticides in water samples of years past does nothing in the present case towards proving or disproving the actual and certain cause.

Whatever the cause, all I am saying is that the companies should be frank and open, without taking the first available opportunity to deny issues or blame others.

By the way, own any shares ?

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   

The article states that Coke and Pepsi being sold in India contains high levels of pesticides.

Coke/Pepsi surely must contain more than water. Flavourings (which are produced) would have been mixed with water to make Coke or Pepsi.

It could be the water, it could be the flavourings, it could be a bunch of things which neither you nor I will be able to state for certain unless we have in our possession and control :

1. Coke or Pepsi produced in India ;
2. Water samples from the companies' water source in India ;
3. The actual physical additives and flavourings being used in the plants in India ;
4. Witnessing the actual production ; and
5. A test lab to ascertain exactly at which process stage the pesticides got in.

It could be in the water, it could be in the additives used, it could be the cleaning and recycling process for the bottles and so on and so forth.

(...) It's just that there is Coke and/or Pepsi being sold with high levels of pesticides in India. You do know that accidents do happen right ?

So, whatever the cause, they need to get it sorted out and that's the purpose of the Court order, to ensure that there is better sampling of the end products before the Indian public ingests it.

I had hoped that my original comments would seek some form of responsibility from the companies to be open about the problem AND FIX IT.

(...)about the water being the source of contamination (although it is impossible for you to be certain), then if it is indeed the water, they either source other water or work out a game plan to import water. It is still Coke and/or Pepsi which is produced in India which has high levels of pesticides.

Pesticides in water samples of years past does nothing in the present case towards proving or disproving the actual and certain cause.

Whatever the cause, all I am saying is that the companies should be frank and open, without taking the first available opportunity to deny issues or blame others.

This is a good post dixon
I do agree with you, the companies which produce contaminated drinks SHOULD be responsible for their product, no matter where is the source of contamination. You made your point

[edit on 19-12-2004 by jazzgul]

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Matey, I am going to give this one last try.

Otherwise no one would be interested in this thread but us.

By the way, own any shares ?

Well I guess will have to agree that we disagree. Perhaps you missed this in one of my past posts. Care to comment"

NEW DELHI, India: Mar 07 (PNS)- India ranks a poor 120 in a list of 122 countries ranked for their water quality as also their ability and commitment to improving its quality in World Water Development Report.

www.paknews.com...

or here is yet another article on the same subject that explains it from the perspective of students in India

www.cleanindia.org...

Now last we have this one showing charts of how safe the water is Enjoy

www.cleanindia.org...

[edit on 12/19/2004 by shots]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join