It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alaska TV Reporter Quits on Air: ‘[Snip] It, I Quit’

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

I found it completely insane that the DEA was getting $100 per plant funding that they cut down even if it was hemp. You want to talk about rackets that is one if I have ever seen one.

Why do you think they would meticulously count and document each and every plant.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: AllSourceIntel

I actually know a guy who is trying to start his own marijuana business, basically something along the lines of a quicky mart along a busy stretch of road. The funny thing is once he gets approved for loans and does all the permits and everything, he is likely to be making more money by far, and most especially more then any job he had or I had or most people have had.

His inspiration was that one day he meet a guy who opened up a quicky mart on a stretch of highway the same way, not even using his own money, and is now living in practically mansion in the islands and owns a few of these stores and really never has to work ever again. And from what he tells me the guy is far from the smartest or brightest guy, its just about having the right mentality in the right time and place, we do not life in a time and place were hard ball busting jobs will get you anywhere it seems, but I do not believe those times and places ever existed.

And whats even more funny that weed plant is so easy to grow that those who wanted to smoke it, well you could be blind be missing both hands, and know nothing about growing plants, and still be able to learn to grow it like it was just weeds and practically grew itself. Funny no what our society is reduced to, and really about.

Quirky world we life in eh.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   
It could be the lady was totally disgusted with her job and wanted to show, with a strategically placed expletive deletive, exactly how she felt about her job. I for one picked up a trace of dissatisfaction.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Answer

She was basically advertising for her new business while using here old job while being on the TV. And she did it in the fashion were it would attract the most eyes and therefore the most likely business and costumer for here new job. Its basically what those who went to Harvard or Princeton or one of the more lengthy higher educations would call a good marketing strategy for advertising a fledgeling company to the local and higher consumer base in and around the area.

Basically any pot head or legal medicinal user in the town who saw that on the news life, or heard it through the grape vine, or saw it on the internet even likely through ATS, is now thinking..Hey maybe I should go to check it up. So yes I do believe she was aiming to make a big splash from the beginning.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

I did not know they got $100 dollars per plant, thats like money growing on trees!

The Feds give out so much money for fighting cannabis it is amazing LEO's have time to write speeding tickets, then add in asset forfeiture.

What gets me is cannabis has been a medicinal herb that has been used by man for thousands of year, minus the last 5 decades. Some historians believe that cannabis oil was used by Jesus in making the anointing oil:

One part of Benet's writings which has attracted some modern attention is her claim that the herb known as kaneh-bosm or kneh-bosm mentioned in the Hebrew Bible may relate to religious use of cannabis. Kaneh-bosm is listed in the Book of Exodus as one of the ingredients of the holy anointing oil used in the tabernacle and later in the temple, and has historically and also by modern lexical and botanical scholars today been interpreted as calamus or related plants. By an argument based on comparative etymology Benet asserts that the word kaneh-bosm actually refers to the drug cannabis and was used in ancient Jewish religious rites, possibly as an intoxicant. Some pro-cannabis advocates have cited Benet's work as evidence that cannabis use has a long culturally important history, and that the criminalization and demonization of cannabis is a recent invention.

Then the Lord said to Moses, "Take the following fine spices: 500 shekels of liquid myrrh, half as much of fragrant cinnamon, 250 shekels of qaneh-bosm, 500 shekels of cassia--all according to the sanctuary shekel--and a hind of olive oil. Make these into a sacred anointing oil” (Exodus 30: 22-33).

source

edit on 23-9-2014 by AlaskanDad because: spelling and grammar

edit on 23-9-2014 by AlaskanDad because: added the recipe from exodus

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   

I remember the amount was quoted on a documentary or maybe it was a news show but either way it is completely insane the same way they would charge people or count each plant as a pound.

They have been scamming the public for years falsifying information to justify their jobs. WTH we already had the FBI there was never any need to have a separately funded agency for drugs. It is all a government scam.

If weed was good enough for our founding father George Washington to take to alleviate his pains its good enough for me but the way some people would spin it he must have been a burnout loser do nothing. Just imagine what he could have accomplished if he wasn't on the dope. [end sarcasm]
edit on 23-9-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   
The marijuana legality issue aside, it seems to me that the only thing she achieved here was to make herself look bad.

Like the comment says below, her actions have actually caused more damage than any good she might have done.

There is a time and place to stand up for what you believe and this is not how you do it. It was rude, disrespectful, unprofessional and put marijuana users in more bad light. You don't go on live TV on your employer's time and dollar to make a dramatic scene for personal beliefs that you feel should be changed in the world. You do it on your time and on your dollar. It is not heroic or chivalrous. Its a trendy act motivated by a crowd of approval. This kind of thing may get you a while's worth of attention from people but it will never earn you respect in the working world. They do not tolerate this kind of behavior at all and you will learn that the hard way if you keep this kind of behavior up. Stand up for what you believe, but do it on your own time and your own dollar. You don't have to make a scene which causes more damage than good for your cause

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Something tells me the anchor is not quite ready for national news just yet! Most profound "dear in headlights" look I have seen in a while...

lol

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   
WOW!!!! must of been smoking just before air time!!!! a reply to: AllSourceIntel

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: AllSourceIntel

Oh, that was lovely! How it warmed the cockles of my cold little black heart...a true hero!

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

I stand corrected my friend on the census part and on the economy part. I haven't been back since 2000. Let me rephrase, I believe if you could find info on people (1st time visitors) of Alaska you will find that per capita/transition rate from their home state to fully moving to Alaska is very high. I will try to find data because ATM this is just my opinion & from what I've seen & know of my time growing up in Alaska.

I lived about 6 miles from the eastern mountain range in Alaska & my tap water was mountain run off. They had a system set up to collect the water & unlike our water treatment plants their was little treatment needed & then this water is accumulated in large processing centers or whatever you call it then sent through the pipes to I'd say almost all suburban communities, same stuff they sell in the bottle in the states except I liked it better lol. The only people that had "City Water" would be the people that lived in the epicenter of Anchorage I'd assume & even that water taste like bottled water. The rest had well water which was also very good 80% of the time. On occasion you would have a well with water that had that terrible sulphur smell but other than that the the water was fine. I lived in Anchor Point, AK about 30 miles north of Homer Alaska (Halibut Fishing Capital of the World) for about a year in '96 before moving to Monroe, MI 40 miles south of Detroit. My dad had one of those sulphur smelling wells (in Anchor Point) so we only used it for bathing, we would go to a local free well pump & get a few weeks worth of fresh water in big blue 5 or 10 gallon containers. Man I miss taking the 36' Bayliner with twin Chevy 350 engines out of the Homer port & Halibut fish all day. My first was a 176lbs Halibut & took about an hour of reeling before I could even see (about 10 feet down underwater) what I caught cause the thrill & fear is the fight to get it up & that it could be a stingray which is useless crap & heart breaking cause if it's huge & you just fought for 3-4 hours makes you mad as heck that it wasn't a big beautiful halibut, but on the plus side I've caught so many 40-150+lbs Octopus's as specially if it's a Giant Pacific octopus (Link: en.m.wikipedia.org... )
(Link: en.m.wikipedia.org... )
Which is awesome because it's about the best Halibut bait there is so as soon as we would get back to port I could literally chop & sell the Octopus for $4 - $6 a pound. Saying I caught 3 on a good day of fishing for 8 hours and had about 200 pounds of it I could seriously sell it all out right there on the dock within 15 minutes or less & make about $500 for 10 minutes worth of work, nice huh? Paid for all the gas and came home with about $400 pure profit for 1 days with of (Work?) fishing which I did for fun, loved it & miss it badly. Largest Halibut Ive ever caught was a 289 pound beast. Took me about 5 hours just to get it to brake light so I could see what I caught, whether it was a halibut or a stingray. Obviously to my delight I saw that it was a huge halibut and then spent about another hour reeling it into close enough range of the boat so that we could shoot it in the head and then bring it aboard. You see with a halibut 75 pounds or higher you can't just bring it on board the boat alive because if it were to twitch it could easily break somebody's leg it could literally snap your leg break an arm break your ribs in a split second that's how strong they are. So you would have to have a medium caliber rifle on board your boat and shoot it in the brain right before bringing it on board to make sure that its dead so that this accident could never happen.

Other then that I miss the almost zero pollution because Alaska's economy is made mostly of drilling oil, construction & all other jobs you can think of except one... I lived in London, England for 2 years 7-9yrs old, San Diego, CA for 6 months at 6½yrs old & Tijuana, Mexico for about 3 months when I was 7 before the move to London so I'd like to say that I'm fairly cultured for a 33yr old. Many places I still want to go but until I moved to Monroe, MI on July 16th 1997 we landed in Detroit & I remember the terrible smell & I asked my dad if someone passed gas because I'd never smelt open air so terrible in my life, I needed an explanation. He showed me the smog & said that smell is normal for Detroit because of all these 100's of factories I saw that always had smoke coming out of the stacks as we drove I-75 to Monroe & my mind was born away. I had never seen a building with smoke & that smell coming from it in my life until that day. In Alaska the only smoke I ever saw coming from a structure at that time in my life was from someone's personal chimney. Alaska was literally pollution free air wise except for vehicle emissions. It took over a month for me to adjust to the smell when in Monroe. I can compare the air in Alaska to that of bottled water, so fresh and clean & here it was like gross city water & nasty, unhealthy air quality. Definitely one of the perks to being an Alaskan - quality of health, period! There is a reason it's called " Alaska: The Last Frontier, Alaska: The Last Great Frontier" Anyway I can go on forever for the reason the place is Paradise and will later on in another thread perhaps but for now I'll say this I wouldn't be surprised if some of the economy stats are fudged/corrupted on purpose because I don't think TPTB want a bunch of people packing up & moving to Alaska to start a life & work there because like I said earlier there is always work up there & good money to be made. The 1%ers don't want the lower & middle class moving to a state that is so huge, has basically every resource that this country uses or sells (I mean just about every resource from wood, oil, gold, fish, metal's, mammals for food, fur & other products, the list goes on) Alaska is still an untapped resource, I am against the oil companies campaigning for the last 30+ years to drill/build another pipeline over & through protected wildlife reserves that are so very important and need not be disturbed because it would kill 10s of thousands of different kinds of animal life & block the larger animals (Moose, Caribou, etc) from migrating during the season changes to different places around Alaska for food, etc.

Again kudos to the reporter for her fight to legalize pot fully. Like I said in my original reply to the OP, Alaska was the first state (little known fact) to make growing up to 25 plants in your home completely legal & using/having up to 4 Oz's in your own home completely legal SINCE 1975!!!! THAT'S RIGHT 1975! When you did get caught with pot like under an ounce (I've had personal experience with this in Alaska before moving to MI in '97 from the age of 13 - 16, I'm 33 now) the cop every time just took my marijuana, through it on the ground & made me stomp on it & then kick it into the woods/grass. They have always been lax on the laws when it came to breaking the Marijuana laws like carrying it on you outside of your home or smoking it outside your home. They might as well final fully legalize it asap. This is something that WILL HAPPEN IN ALASKA. The question is well it be during this voting cycle or in the next year or two. It's a done deal....

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

In closing I miss home terribly and will either have to settle retiring & dying there towards the end of my life or hopefully I can get the funds together & my affairs in order & go home permanently in the next year or two!

I'll answer any questions anyone may have about Alaska, my great experience growing up there &/or marijuana laws/questions about the quality of marijuana grown in Alaska (The best in the country as far as I'm concerned & actually was before you could grow it legally in certain states over the last decade) but from the '70s - 90s it really did have the highest quality/potency in America. This can be verified in high times magazine's from those years. Here's an inside one (test) for a true Alaskan that used to smoke it or still does. If you know about/ever smoked or heard of ( Matanuska Thunder F**k) an elusive strain from the 70s that was of the highest quality & produced amazing healing effects such as immediate headache relief & body/muscle relaxation.
www.leafly.com...#

Edit* The reason the link doesn't work is because this site edits out bad language so after you click the link you have to add f**k at the end of the URL accept the real word not the edited one I just typed above with two *s. So at the end of the url it should end up looking like matanuska-thunder-f**k... Then it will work. Peace.

Enjoy.

Anathema~
edit on 9/23/2014 by anathema777 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/23/2014 by anathema777 because: explain how to fix link

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Well that's because I said I live here, not from here. I've lived anywhere in AK worth living, and nothing wrong with private citizens having their own party. Someone with some....ahh...political bias might be embarrassed, or act embarrassed of fellow Alaskans engaging in Alaskan behavior. Not I. As someone who smokes pot, though, I can say it was a pretty classless attitude we saw on the news the other night. "I smoke pot and I stand to gain monetarily after my bias public position. So F you, employers. Here are some FCC fines on the way out. Because freedom and fairness." LOL.

Still makes her classless, and the fact that her "courageous and brave" behavior made it all the way to "The View" this morning is a pretty noticeable pebble in the landslide that is our failing culture. She didn't exactly help the legalization push with all this. Kind of a classic "Aha, lazy disrespectful pot smokers. You cant make this up!" moment for the opposition. And as disclaimer, I am a smoker who is kind of disgusted with the pothead mentality. Legalization can go either way for all I care. Anyone offering a decent job will still require drug tests.

edit on 23-9-2014 by AK49erdss because: spelling

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: AK49erdss

So exercising free speech is classless, if you are pro cannabis?

Dear Viewers, We sincerely apologize for the inappropriate language used by a KTVA reporter during her live presentation on the air Sept. 21. The employee has been terminated. Bert Rudman News Director - KTVA 11 News
817 people like this.

Top comment:

First off, that was the best news report ever. Secondly, can't fire someone if they quit first.
1,467 people like this. · September 21 at 11:57pm

source

I see no need to argue as the people the people have spoken, and it would seem they do not share your opinion on the reporter quiting.

Edit: Also recently on the view

The View’s Nicolle Wallace on Palin Brawl: ‘It’s Exactly What It Looks Like’

edit on 23-9-2014 by AlaskanDad because: added edit line

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I know how it feels to work somewhere for a long time.

You can build resentment toward your coworkers, managers and the company; but maybe they've done nothing wrong to you.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
What a degenerate. Typical wastoid attitude. Luckily someone else will appreciate having that job. ~$heopleNation

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: SheopleNation
What a degenerate. Typical wastoid attitude. Luckily someone else will appreciate having that job. ~$heopleNation

Quiting a job to move on with your own business does not qualify one as a degenerate , nor does exercising free speech.

I do know cannabis creates insanity...

...in those that are against it. lol's

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlaskanDad
Quitting a job to move on with your own business does not qualify one as a degenerate

But walking out in the middle of one's obligations does. Finish the segment, then give your resignation. Show a little class.

And what business, an illegal business? Is selling dope in Alaska now legal? News to me.

nor does exercising free speech.

Oh don't give me that free speech crap, there are guidelines to be followed when hired. She didn't need to use profanity, it just validates the nature of wastoids.

Well it clearly causes paranoid delusions for those who frequently smoke it.

~$heopleNation
edit on 23-9-2014 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: SheopleNation

Quitting a job to move on with your own business does not qualify one as a degenerate

But walking out in the middle of one's obligations does. Finish the segment, then give your resignation. Show a little class.

And you have proof that she had not given notice before this?

And what business, an illegal business? Is selling dope in Alaska now legal? News to me.

Well then it must be legal, if not how can it be in the news and not have the police close it?

Oh don't give me that free speech crap, there are guidelines to be followed when hired. She didn't need to use profanity, it just showes the nature of wastoids.

Dirty minds make words dirty, profanity is just another group of letters unless you add a different meaning

Well it clearly causes paranoid delusions for those who frequently smoke it.

~$heopleNation

It seems to be driving you mad.

edit on 23-9-2014 by AlaskanDad because: removed a line

edit on 23-9-2014 by AlaskanDad because: sp correction

edit on 23-9-2014 by AlaskanDad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

And you have proof that she had not given notice before this?

And you have proof that she did? See how that works?

Well then it must be legal, if not how can it be in the news and not have the police close it?

Because The Feds are probably doing an investigation, gathering evidence, that sort of thing, much like they do here in occupied California.

As I understand it, The state Law in Alaska is that a citizen is allowed to possess less than 4 ounces of Marajuana in their own home, which I have no issue with.

It seems to be driving you mad.

Really, how so? ~$heopleNation

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join