It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alaska TV Reporter Quits on Air: ‘[Snip] It, I Quit’

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
That was classic!!!! I want some of whatever she's got. I have a meeting with my boss tomorrow.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
OMG, I laughed so hard. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I needed that. OK, now I'm a bit emotional. Please, let the revolution begin.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I live in Wasilla, just outside of Anchorage and I saw this last night. And THIS is the attitude that, as someone who likes to smoke pot, makes me embarrassed of people that smoke pot. Zero class, and didn't exactly help the local legalization issue with her actions. I'm going to apply at the station and offer to do her job for half the price, and with only half the bias. Haha...

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Expect this chick to come up arrested, and definitely at the crosshairs of the FEDS when another example has to be made. And she's black too! Yep, I see silver bracelets in her future.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: anathema777
a reply to: AllSourceIntel

What's funny as that having grown up in Anchorage, AK... Born in 81 & now live in Michigan is that Alaska was the FIRST STATE to have Marijuana legal in many situations, none doctor related. Since 1975 it's a little known fact that a 19 year old+ can grow up to 25 plants legally in their own home. It's 100% legal. So is having up to 4ozs in your home, & using Marijuana in your own home. Most all other outside the home infractions are misdemeanors. Giving some one pot without renumeration (free) is also legal. The only time this law changed is in 2003 they reversed all of that making it all illegal, but a few months later a higher Court reversed the decision of the list court & restored it to all the legal things I mentioned above. Alaska has been ahead of the game for about 30 years. All they need do now is make it completely legal which WILL HAPPEN SOON. The chips were always so lax when I was growing up I got caught smoking cigarettes 3-4 times from 13-16yrs old & always had weed on me, EVERY TIME THEY JUST SMASHED THE WEED ON THE GROUND & TOOK MY SMOKES, NO TICKETS, NOTHING. I moved to Michigan in 1996 & things down here are way different, people go to jail for pot use, selling small quantities etc... They need to take a look at Alaska. One of the richest, clean, pollution free, mountain water from the tap, beautiful & you get paid about $3,000 every November for being an Alaskan Citizen (tax free from oil revenue) plus the economy is always booming, minimum wage is like $11 for even waitresses & pizza delivery. Any recession that his this country has no affect on Alaska. You wouldn't even know one was happening unless you turned on the news. It is one of the largest growing populations in the USA from tourist visiting then deciding to stay. There is so many job openings it's crazy & the money is fantastic. While other world in that state compared to the lower 48 & no the cost of living isn't really that much higher. If you can put up with the cold it's paradise.

Link: norml.org...
norml.org...

I lived in MI last year (in the UP) and the MJ laws seemed to be really lax IMO. Anyone can get a card for almost any reason. And if you have your card you are allowed 12 plants per person. So if two people in your household have their cards, they can have 24 plants growing. It is legal to sell to other card holders. No business license or anything needed, as far as I know. I was born and raised (and am back) in AL. Here, you can get arrested if a seed is found in your car. I hate the bible belt with a passion but all my family is here.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: AllSourceIntel

That's great advertisement for her new store!

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Any body know if this gal is married off yet?
Just askin....if shes not....

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

I think the world would be a better place if everyone said what they wanted to. Good for her!

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I just got back home watched again and I am still laughing.

As for those that seem so "concerned" about her future job marketability. Sure you are.

Anyway its her life she looks grown to me I have a feeling she will get by just fine. As far as her language my opinion is, it was damn funny. It sounded perfect to me. If she hadn't have done it the way she did I honestly can't imagine this would even be a topic.

lighten up people. Maybe some Benny Hill music at the end would have been over the top but now I think I will download some of those episodes. America is so uptight I miss watching topless newscasters when I lived out of country. Oh the humanity. lol

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee
Well as usual I disagree with all of you. The woman had a job, a well paying job I bet, and many don't. The disrespectful way of leaving just because she has other income I find repulsive.She embarrassed her boss her coworkers and herself.

If the other venture crashes she will probably have trouble finding another job.

I'll step out with you on this bit Char-Lee as my conscience was jabbing me when I read your post. In my OP in this thread I made a comment about how many of us wanted to do this at one point or another, and how many of us actually did it. I have had many times I wanted to do it, but never did. I have quit a very few jobs. I have just not shown up again (in my younger years), and I've left in the middle of a shift when I thought I might wind up in jail if I didn't. But I've never quite gown out like this.

I am not saying that it would not have felt good by any means...

I admit, it probably felt damn good. Freeing even. I have to agree with you on how she handled it. Not including the "F" word would have helped. And I am not one who does not use it myself on occasion... just never in public or with an audience. I never liked it when people did that when my daughter was too young to not repeat it and I remember that, so I abstain. I also know that people like my mother cringe when they hear it. I'm 37 and my mom has never heard me use that word or any other stronger than sh!t. She's probably only ever heard that twice lol. I'm still scared of the backhand this very day.

She may never have to go back the way she came but many of us were taught not to burn bridges and that is probably exactly what she did here. In real life there are always consequences to your behavior. I'm sure she thought she thought it through, and I'm sure she thought she was doing the right thing for her and I can't fault that. We've all been there.

But what if? We never know what life will hand us. She probably paid a nice sum to get her education to do this and it would be sad if she just wasted that... if she ever wanted or had to use it again.

It was disrespectful to her employers who gave her a shot many would probably be thankful for... No doubt.

I can empathize with both sides I suppose. It's easy to romanticize something like this because we have all felt like that.

Hopefully, she'll be one of the lucky ones who will not have worry about trying to cross a burned bridge.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: AK49erdss

I would have thought being from Wasilla Palinville that nothing could embarrass you!

This embarrassed most of Alaska:

Palin family in ‘drunken brawl’ tittle is fta not mine.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Put me on the list for literal Lols this morning.

Good for her! I doubt being a voice on a b-grade news agency is as ample an opportunity as some are implying.

We're all headed to hell in a hand basket anyhow, our tax dollars are only funding the madness, so really, who cares about bridges burnt or future "opportunities"? The path she plans on taking is probably the best bet.

Plus, MSM? C'mon Peeps.

Question, when the heck are we voting on legalization? I'm finding conflicting info through google. I thought we were next in line and it was supposed to be this year......

(by the way, I'm currently abstaining just because I want to) Addictive, some say?

Thus not a lazy stoner only pro legalization for selfish means maaaaaaan.

Stereotypes, a powerful form of ignorance.

edit on 22-9-2014 by GoShredAK because: Edit

edit on 23-9-2014 by GoShredAK because: Oops

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: AreUKiddingMe

OMG.... People knock on your door asking for cheese and other food?? WTH? Maybe it's the area I live in, but I have never heard of this. Ever. I'm sorry to go off topic here, but I couldn't pass this up.

I would probably literally lol if someone knocked on my door asking for cheese... There's no way I would not think it was some sort of joke. Of course I live out in the middle of nowhere sooooo...

Just wow. Interesting.

edit on 9/22/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: RoScoLaz4
wonderful. that's bowing out in style.

Might have been "style" but it sure lacked "class".

I tend to agree w/you -- but maybe for other reasons.

If this woman wants to garner respect and legitimacy for her cause -- spouting off like that certainly isn't a good way to go about earning it. IMO, I think she did a disservice to the pro-legalization people.

She could have used a hundred words or more to say something "intelligent" and no one would have cared. Four words and she has done more with them than most do in a lifetime. The debate is brought to the forefront, after you get over the derailment of whether she did it classy, or with gratitude, or whatever BS excuse you(not specifically, just saying) come up with for sticking up for the status-quo.

She told them, whoever our controllers actually are, to piss off. Smart? Maybe, maybe not. We shall see. Ballsy? Lead, with platinum plating and inlaid with jewels, right upside their heads, metaphorically. You can disagree all you want, but she did something and that something was more than most will ever do.

Logical words never work. Been done for years and nothing came of it. Where the HELL is MY RIGHT to imbibe of a plant? Why do I need some damned law to say I can or cannot partake of a plant? I'd like to say to "them" F-you also but it won't be heard. She did it for all of us that can't be heard.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
she will get a natural "high " from her new job anyways
Ah, Duck it! I quit. nice.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

My neighbors both were hooked and they never even looked at their 3 kids all day they sat on the porch doing nothing on welfare.

Apples to oranges. Oxycontin is in no way related to pot, terrible comparison.

Dr Oz show had an emergency care Dr on who saved and tried to save but lost many children who got into their Parents eatable pot...legal products...anyone watch that show? The legal products made into candy, sodas and chocolate cookies had the equivalent of over 100 joints, enough to kill even adults were in many products.

Now that's laughable, death by pot? And a hundred joints per candy? Besides the blatant disinformation, it's not the government's job to play nanny. You know how many kids take a few from their parents liquor? Is that somehow different?

Also, I'm sure Dr. Oz doesn't make any money from Pharmaceutical companies. Nah, couldn't be.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Yes here in WA welfare money is going to pot, to stoners who do NOTHING productive and suck on the public teat.

Erm, I call BULL CRAPOLA on this claim. Not true. Not true at all.

It was all over mainstream news, they showed how they used their welfare card for cash and went to buy pot.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

She told them, whoever our controllers actually are, to piss off. Smart? Maybe, maybe not. We shall see. Ballsy? Lead, with platinum plating and inlaid with jewels, right upside their heads, metaphorically. You can disagree all you want, but she did something and that something was more than most will ever do.

OUR CONTROLLERS? A small news station and she was speaking for our poor imprisoned souls!

Ballsy? Ok finally I see LOl...acting like a teen seems to get all of your juices going around here, love her, admire her wish to behave like her, marry her....she and her COURAGEOUS behavior.

I bet a bunch of you even attend church and teach your kids something about respectful behavior.
You all make me feel like the world that once made sense if gone.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   

It was all over mainstream news, they showed how they used their welfare card for cash and went to buy pot.

Let me ask are those the same people who would use their card for cash to buy liquor?

Honestly do you actually think those people just suddenly learned how to cash in their cards when pot became available?

You all make me feel like the world that once made sense if gone.

The world stopped making sense a long time ago even before governments made plants illegal.
edit on 22-9-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   

While I would not condone a person using taxpayers money to buy cannabis: I find a politician using the taxpayers money to buy himself coc aine a much worse situation.

Florida Rep. Trey Radel Pleads Guilty To Cocaine Possession

By taxpayers money, I mean our tax dollars are paying his wages.

edit on 22-9-2014 by AlaskanDad because: oops - an extra word removed

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join