It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Salmond blasted over claim that Scotland could declare independence without need for another re

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrmcleod

Ehhhh...OK!

Afraid that's all i can muster. I am getting fed up of the ignorance surrounding this matter...it really is quite astounding!

And i find it funny no one in yes campaign can tell me how they expected to pay there bills, first of which is the question of currency as they would either have to join the god awful Euro or come up with there own currency that would be just as bad.
edit on 22-9-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Korg Trinity
And if this ever came to pass you can guarantee your isolation on the global stage....

Er... Why?

We are talking about Scotland. I think even Martians know about Scotland.

Its cry for independence was heard all throughout the World, and supported by so many wannabe nations (including Quebec). Scotland has friends.

edit on 22-9-2014 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Ehhhh...OK!

Afraid that's all i can muster. I am getting fed up of the ignorance surrounding this matter...it really is quite astounding!

And i find it funny no one in yes campaign can tell me how they expected to pay there bills, first of which is the question of currency as they would either have to join the god awful Euro or come up with there own currency that would be just as bad.

Go to bed...or School or something. Just please stop perpetuating the ignorance. I don't have the time or the patience anymore to answer these questions.

This statement kind of sums things up really...

"Tories, liberals and Labour from England and the UK all made a vow- published and printed in Scotland on the eve of a vote in Scotland by The people of Scotland concerning the future of Scotland ....(Can you see where this is going?) after the UK government had agreed to the terms of the referendum which strictly forbade members of the Government making political statements, releasing information or otherwise intervening in the election process for a 28 day period prior to the votes being cast.

Did the UK government and ministers allow us a free and unfettered election ?

Would Putin be allowed to sign election pledges in Ukrainian national newspapers prior to a vote in Eastern Ukraine ?

If you don't respect the rules of engagement for the process then how can you expect us to ?
Even the vow that was made (worthless at the time because no UK parliament had given it approval) has already been broken."

Good NIght!!!

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Korg Trinity

Oh come on. Don't make it personal, lol. I don't even have anything to grind on the matter. I don't live in Britain.

That said, Salmond's statement was only theoretical, and even then, he still mentioned 'the people'.

“There are a number of political opportunities coming up. For many, many years, a referendum route wasn’t the chosen route of the Scottish National Party or Scotland. "

"For many years, there was a gradual attitude to independence.

"That is to say that you establish a parliament and you establish successively more powers until you have a situation where you’re independent in all but name, and then presumably you declare yourself to be independent.

"Many countries have proceeded through that route; there is a parliamentary route where people can make their voice heard as well, so a referendum is only one of a number of routes."

Jesus. You guys need to calm down and actually interpret what Salmond is saying. He isn't evil incarnate, and he obviously doesn't want to subvert democracy.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Alex Salmond cares very much about Scotland. Its the No voters that don't care about Scotland. trying to destroy democracy??? What as opposed to the London Elite????

Interesting Reasons on Why We Need a Revote

Actually its the yes people that will destroy Scotland.

How would Scotland survive in a currently harsh and unforgiving world?

Your only hope would be joining the EU and then you would have Brussels calling the shots not Westminster.

You can certainly say goodbye to free prescriptions and free uni.

Ehhhh...OK!

You say you're getting fed up with ignorance....

That's rich coming from a yes person.

Please answer each and every one of these points!

FACT.... If Independent NO financial support from the rest of the UK PERIOD.
FACT.... No Financial plan is in place for Scotland's independent future.
FACT.... 9 out of 10 people in Scotland are on State paid benefits of one description or another Paid by the UK.
FACT.... An independent Scotland would no longer have access to the UK NHS FUNDING.
FACT.... Scotland would have to take it's share of the national debt £100 billion.
FACT.... Scotland will not be able to keep the pound Sterling as it's currency
FACT.... Scotland at present has no current Currency Plans post independents
FACT.... Property Prices will crash in Scotland post independent, leaving millions with negative equity
FACT.... Border control restriction on immigration as a truly Independent Scotland would not be part of the EU
FACT.... A third of all businesses and banks stood up and said they will leave Scotland if Independent
FACT.... Scotland would only be able to tax 8% of the oil reserves in the North Sea... 92% would rest with the UK!

And you say the No people are ignorant?

How could you vote for the above and say you love your country? Who in their right mind would do that to themselves, just so they can say they are independent?

Scotland acted like a young teenager running away from home, without a clue what the big bad world has to offer them.

And then there are people like you, who either wishes Scotland harm or is so clueless it's untrue calling someone who can see through the issues Ignorant!

Unbelievable!

Korg.

edit on 22-9-2014 by Korg Trinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Hm, Suddenly I'm glad to neither be British nor Scottish.

So much heat.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Alex Salmond cares very much about Scotland. Its the No voters that don't care about Scotland. trying to destroy democracy??? What as opposed to the London Elite????

Interesting Reasons on Why We Need a Revote

Actually its the yes people that will destroy Scotland.

How would Scotland survive in a currently harsh and unforgiving world?

Your only hope would be joining the EU and then you would have Brussels calling the shots not Westminster.

You can certainly say goodbye to free prescriptions and free uni.

Ehhhh...OK!

You say you're getting fed up with ignorance....

That's rich coming from a yes person.

Please answer each and every one of these points!

FACT.... If Independent NO financial support from the rest of the UK PERIOD.
FACT.... No Financial plan is in place for Scotland's independent future.
FACT.... 9 out of 10 people in Scotland are on State paid benefits of one description or another Paid by the UK.
FACT.... An independent Scotland would no longer have access to the UK NHS FUNDING.
FACT.... Scotland would have to take it's share of the national debt £100 billion.
FACT.... Scotland will not be able to keep the pound Sterling as it's currency
FACT.... Scotland at present has no current Currency Plans post independents
FACT.... Property Prices will crash in Scotland post independent, leaving millions with negative equity
FACT.... Border control restriction on immigration as a truly Independent Scotland would not be part of the EU
FACT.... A third of all businesses and banks stood up and said they will leave Scotland if Independent
FACT.... Scotland would only be able to tax 8% of the oil reserves in the North Sea... 92% would rest with the UK!

And you say the No people are ignorance?

How could you vote for the above and say you love your country? Who in their right mind would do that to themselves, just so they can say they are independent?

Scotland acted like a young teenager running away from home, without a clue what the big bad world has to offer them.

And then there are people like you, who either wishes Scotland harm or is so clueless it's untrue calling someone who can see through the issues Ignorant!

Unbelievable!

Korg.

Couldn't have put it better myself

Voteing yes would have been Akin to slitting ones own risks.

Also a fact you forgot:

FACT: Joining EU would be no Certainty
FACT: All trade Imports and Exports would sky-rocket due to no entry in the EU and no trade relations set up.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

Hm, Suddenly I'm glad to neither be British nor Scottish.

So much heat.

Being British is like being part of any other team. It works so long as all are pulling towards a common goal. Unfortunately there are a group of people that would like to ruin that.

Besides the UK are one step away from taking the economic lead in Europe from Germany.... If you have to be in Europe Britain is the place.....

Korg.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Korg Trinity actually scottish house prices would go up because most of the real english have had enough of this fake democrazy and would move to fully support the scottish.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
DP

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: stuthealien
a reply to: Korg Trinity actually scottish house prices would go up because most of the real english have had enough of this fake democrazy and would move to fully support the scottish.

Where did you get that dumb idea?

Why would the British move to failing state with no jobs?

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Ehhhh...OK!

Go to bed...or School or something. Just please stop perpetuating the ignorance. I don't have the time or the patience anymore to answer these questions.

This statement kind of sums things up really...

"Tories, liberals and Labour from England and the UK all made a vow- published and printed in Scotland on the eve of a vote in Scotland by The people of Scotland concerning the future of Scotland ....(Can you see where this is going?) after the UK government had agreed to the terms of the referendum which strictly forbade members of the Government making political statements, releasing information or otherwise intervening in the election process for a 28 day period prior to the votes being cast.

Did the UK government and ministers allow us a free and unfettered election ?

Would Putin be allowed to sign election pledges in Ukrainian national newspapers prior to a vote in Eastern Ukraine ?

If you don't respect the rules of engagement for the process then how can you expect us to ?
Even the vow that was made (worthless at the time because no UK parliament had given it approval) has already been broken."

Good NIght!!!

See your dodging the question!

You have no idea how a free Scottish state would be able to keep it head above water!

All you can do it dodge, insult and patronise

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

Over the course of this campaign I have come to realise that Salmond leaving is our loss. I hope he returns in the future.

We have a Labour Party that is just a Westminster puppet. Ed Balls the shadow chancellor was on TV this morning outlining his non plan to address the deficit. Those people are somehow...I don't know...playing a game of nonsense. Quantative easing, austerity, lies about inflation, no change from the conservatives really. I have a feeling that Ed Miliband will stumble along and at some point his brother David will appear and represent an illusory magical change for the Labour Party. Perhaps not...

I think that people are unfair to attack him, we did elect the SNP with him at the helm, twice. They have been good for Scotland...there is no other party I would vote for at the moment.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

And if this ever came to pass you can guarantee your isolation on the global stage....

Er... Why?

Its cry for independence was heard all throughout the World, and supported by so many wannabe nations (including Quebec). Scotland has friends.

I wonder if Scotland had voted Yes where those friends would be as it economically shriveled to the size of a prune.

Korg.

edit on 22-9-2014 by Korg Trinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Er... Why?

Not very important friends. And a lot of enemy's that want to see Scotland fail like Spain who likely would have block Scotland entry to the EU. Also the USA wasn't exactly a fan.

Country's like Switzerland and Finland who have gone it alone took many decades or even hundred of years building up trade relations and trust, Scotland would have started from scratch.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: midicon
a reply to: daaskapital

Over the course of this campaign I have come to realise that Salmond leaving is our loss. I hope he returns in the future.

We have a Labour Party that is just a Westminster puppet. Ed Balls the shadow chancellor was on TV this morning outlining his non plan to address the deficit. Those people are somehow...I don't know...playing a game of nonsense. Quantative easing, austerity, lies about inflation, no change from the conservatives really. I have a feeling that Ed Miliband will stumble along and at some point his brother David will appear and represent an illusory magical change for the Labour Party. Perhaps not...

I think that people are unfair to attack him, we did elect the SNP with him at the helm, twice. They have been good for Scotland...there is no other party I would vote for at the moment.

And I highly suspect it's about to get worse for you.... following the total distasteful display of anti Britishness Scotalnd just made, I highly suspect that the English will vote Yes to a de-evolved England..... Essentially this would mean that the Scottish representatives in Westminster would have ZERO influence on English policy..... And if you haven't already worked it out it is Englands LION share of the economics and population share that makes the UK what it is....

I'm sure you have heard the expression "don't Bite the hand that feeds you"? well you should couple it with "Once Bitten Twice Shy"!

Korg.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewokwhere do you get the idea its a failing state,,bbc or maybe the bank before the vote on tv repetively saying were leaving if you vote yes(brainwashing)
scotland is rich in resources ,england has already been raped for nearly every square inch
scotland has more available land for future growth by far then england
as to no jobs thanks to the internet geographical locatations for buisnesses are no longer important so scotland could give a tax incentive for buisnesses to relocate in scotland,,i.e less v.a.t .then say germany and england
and i havnt even mentioned the oil yet lolol.
go salmon keep swimming against the flow........

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   

edit on 22-9-2014 by midicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

as to no jobs thanks to the internet geographical locatations for buisnesses are no longer important so scotland could give a tax incentive for buisnesses to relocate in scotland,,i.e less v.a.t .then say germany and england

Ok you lower the taxes.....the how do you pay for your social programs like free prescriptions and Uni as you just created a money hole.

and i havnt even mentioned the oil yet lolol.

You would only get 8% of that oil. Hardly enough to form a state around.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

a reply to: DrunkYogi

The SNP could not care less about the people of Scotland. Trying to destroy democracy.

And also remember that the UK did promise something to the Scots for saying "no". To some "yesers", this is not democracy, it's financial influence.

Just like they did in 1707, The Scottish perspective..The Equivalent, only this time the payment wasn't in Hard Cash, it was in the form of False Promises and Another Parcel of Rogues bit their hand off for it.
edit on 22-9-2014 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join