It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: Lois Lerner breaks silence

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: howmuch4another

Why else do you think I posted it?

Same arguments all the way around, do you really think I'd just let you echo-chamber your way through this thread? come on...

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

sure..echo chamber? whatever that means.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on Marlin's post(s) that refuted your B.S. twice instead of continuing to engage with the guy that doesn't think this should be a partisan issue. Lerner is corrupt and the IRS is a threat to us all. Left or right.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I'm not sure why people on a site like this are so up in arms about this with Nazi comparisons and all. Granted there was wrongdoing and she should be punished if she is in fact responsible for said wrong doing. However this is just B.A.U. as far as I'm concerned and the corruption associated with this scandal pales in comparison to many other issues from the Fed. Ponzi scheme to a Petro-Dollar war/foreign policy. In fact I think the status that some of these groups are entitled to is ridiculous. It sucks that the dems and reps are the pupetts of the same pupett master and that corporations that aren't already deeply entrenched in government or part of the military industrial complex can just go ahead and buy public officials legally under "Free Speech" protections. It really makes me wonder what all the politicians and talking heads on TV, the ones claiming to be up in arms over Lerner and the IRS, are trying to distract the public from. If these people were genuinely concerned about fraud at the IRS and not just political gain and distraction then why aren't they demanding and end to the illegal federal income tax? A tax that is unapportioned and has been deemed unconstitutional numerous times by SCOTUS. The slide to facism has been a gradual one, if only people would see beyond these dichotomies that were designed to keep us all at conflict while THEY implement their plans and do as they please.
edit on 23-9-2014 by s3cz0ne because: no reason

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
So how does the fact that we have her emailing employees to put a stop to these targeting practices fit into the situation? This is the first I've heard of that, as everyone focuses on her being directly involved, the mastermind even, of targeting these groups. But if she attempted to put a stop to these practices, why is this not being discussed?

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarlinGrace
So I guess that fact she admitted to wrongdoing then apologized for it means nothing.

Not to me, no. The IRS 'targeted' lots of groups.

THe liberal scrutiny was a pittance compared to conservatives. If not why are there no Liberal 501 c4's suing the government for delays in issuing the 501 c4?

Why would they sue? The TP groups are suing because they feel like they're being persecuted...the whole reason that they formed the groups, the Tea Party 'feels' persecuted. So they need to band together to save themselves from government persecution.

Pittance? Have you seen the lists?
Twenty 'Progressive' groups and twelve 'Tea Party' groups. You're right...hardly anything.

There are dozens of these IRS/Lois Lerner threads. I guess I'll just avoid them altogether if I just end up having to repeat myself in each one.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234

originally posted by: MarlinGrace
So I guess that fact she admitted to wrongdoing then apologized for it means nothing.

THe liberal scrutiny was a pittance compared to conservatives. If not why are there no Liberal 501 c4's suing the government for delays in issuing the 501 c4?

Why would they sue? The TP groups are suing because they feel like they're being persecuted...the whole reason that they formed the groups, the Tea Party 'feels' persecuted. So they need to band together to save themselves from government persecution.

The originating suit is still ongoing, they didn't feel they were persecuted, they were persecuted, if you had bothered to read any of the testimony or anything from the links I provided in her words she admits it. They gave additional scrutiny to any organization with the words "Tea Party" or "Patriots". These are her words not republicans, conservatives, right wingers, or whatever divisive label you want apply.

Pittance? Have you seen the lists?
Twenty 'Progressive' groups and twelve 'Tea Party' groups. You're right...hardly anything.

LOL you provide a link with 22 redacted documents from the IRS? This is supposed to prove your case? You just proved what criminal behavior is, first they lie, then they cover up. Then the pièce de résistance they have nice people like you spreading disinfo all over this site to help in the cover up.

There are dozens of these IRS/Lois Lerner threads. I guess I'll just avoid them altogether if I just end up having to repeat myself in each one.

If thats the best you can do, then avoidance would be a good idea.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace

Call me when she's in prison.

I won't hold my breath.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234
a reply to: MarlinGrace

Call me when she's in prison.

I won't hold my breath.

It would be nice to see her there, it's where she belongs. But as typical with all government regardless of party they withhold everything making it impossible to convict. SOP... lie, cover up, and neither party pushes, because it's their turn next. It's a cycle that seems impossible to break. Trey Gowdy maybe be able to make the change, he talks a great game but we shall see. Until then I won't hold my breath either.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   

a reply to: links234

The letter further stated that out of the 20 groups applying for tax-exempt status whose names contained "progress" or "progressive", 6 had been chosen for more scrutiny as compared to all of the 292 groups applying for tax-exempt status whose names contained "tea party", "patriot", or "9/12"

IRS targeting controversy

[ confirmed by the references ]

edit on Sep-23-2014 by xuenchen because:

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
This could be accurate....

THE IRS SCANDAL: TIMELINE

plenty of sources in ^^^^^

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join