It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: Lois Lerner breaks silence

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: AllSourceIntel

Look, it's easy for people to have their side of the story, or their friends to have sides of the story, when they are quite confident that none of her emails concerning this issue will ever be recovered.

The vast majority of people that do something wrong like this are generally decent or "okay" people, but that doesn't mean that they didn't do this. I don't buy into the tone of this article--and being from Politico...well, that raises a red flag right there. I've read too many of their articles to know that they only hit one side of a story in order to get a certain point across in lieu of honest reporting and interviewing.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

Look, it's easy for people to have their side of the story, or their friends to have sides of the story, when they are quite confident that none of her emails concerning this issue will ever be recovered.

The vast majority of people that do something wrong like this are generally decent or "okay" people, but that doesn't mean that they didn't do this. I don't buy into the tone of this article--and being from Politico...well, that raises a red flag right there. I've read too many of their articles to know that they only hit one side of a story in order to get a certain point across in lieu of honest reporting and interviewing.

What is with the tone ... "Look"?
I never said she was innocent, what I said was far from that.
EVERY paper or news agency has their own agenda, that doesn't mean they can't write a balanced story. Personal opinion does not belong in reporting, that is called commentary.
What news do you trust?

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

From Bloomberg
"At a tax conference on May 10, Lerner disclosed -- in response to a question she planted -- that the IRS had singled out for extra scrutiny groups with “Tea Party” and “patriot” in their names when applying for tax-exempt status. Lerner, a former Federal Election Commission official, apologized on behalf of the IRS."

She plants the question admits the wrong doing, now why would she do that? Because of the lawsuits started by those that received extra scrutiny.

"Lerner’s former boss, then-Commissioner Douglas Shulman, questioned during his testimony this week why mid-level managers who knew of the problem didn't run it up the chain of command."

So they all knew of the illegal acts and no one said or did anything to stop it.

How this could be in any way related to Darrell Issa is beyond me, I don't know what's worse the criminals in power that do these things or the people that defend them. Considering the administration is withholding documents for every scandal on record being investigated it's no wonder Issa can't get convictions. They have lied repeatedly and been caught in the IRS scandal. Who can count the lies involved in Benghazi, Holder has been held in contempt of congress for documents pertaining to Fast & Furious, and Darrell Issa has a "dismal track record".

From the I know nothing president to the league of political liars in this administration it would have to be inconceivable Lois Lerner is innocent. I would love to see someone with statistical knowledge calculate the chances of all those emails missing, just to see if IRS employees should start playing the lottery.

Sander Levin a top Democrat in ways and means asked to have Lerner removed it wasn't all Republicans. This isn't a left right, Democrat or Republican issue this is criminal activity by an out of control politicians and government employees promoting their agenda to curry favor.

Blaming all 501 c4's is ridiculous, this is the attitude of every criminal that gets caught, blame everyone but the one caught. It's as ridiculous as blaming Bush after being 6 years out of office.

Excuses are like belly buttons everyone has one.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
That screeching noise you hear is martyred conservatives.

"They're targeting us! They're coming after us! Waaaahhhhh!"

There was no wrongdoing at the IRS. It wasn't anything the IRS hadn't done for years. Nice article though.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234

There was no wrongdoing at the IRS. It wasn't anything the IRS hadn't done for years. Nice article though.

And you know this how?

Perhaps if you repeat it often enough, a few more people might possibly come to believe it.

Nixon was innocent also, btw.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   

That screeching noise you hear is martyred conservatives.

"They're targeting us! They're coming after us! Waaaahhhhh!"

Yet they apologized and thought that would be the end of it !!!

Lois The Magnificent is/was a Progressive Agent that successfully infiltrated a high position within a government agency and then sold out to the highest bidders.

I think the Left Wing exposures here are devastating and this is a new attempt to cover the dung.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: bbracken677
And you know this how?
Perhaps if you repeat it often enough, a few more people might possibly come to believe it.

Because I enjoyed the article. That's how I know it was nice.

It was a nice article.
It was a nice article.
It was a nice article.

originally posted by: xuenchen
I think the Left Wing exposures here are devastating and this is a new attempt to cover the dung.

You're right. You caught us. Poor, poor Tea Party...targeted by Obama. Gotta keep the fighting the good fight though, for the patriots we lost in the great IRS scandal of 2010.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

a reply to: Flatfish

So, in addtion to her pleading the 5th, all those computer hard drives breaking, as well as the supposed destruction of backed up files does not seem the least bit suspicious?

We are talking about our govt...you know, the one we trust so much? Whether Republican or Democrat, I do not trust them as far as I can throw them. There is too much smoke for there not to be some fire involved.

If it quacks like a duck, walks like a duck and swims like a duck, chances are it is a duck.

I would not be surprised to learn that the Republicans investigation into these matters and others find nothing because they are paid off with money, favors, or votes by the Dems. The investigations could be something as simple as a way to blackmail the Dems to get some political favor.

Any politician who opens his mouth is likely lying about something lol

Last I heard, pleading the 5th is a "Right" and anyone ignoring their attorney's advice to utilize that right is an idiot, thousands of computer hard drives crash everyday across this country (including those utilized by the IRS) and being suspicious is not a crime.

I doubt seriously that anyone will be indicted or prosecuted over this because it's pure hogwash, just like all the other B.S. scandals being propagated by Darrell Issa and his nut-bag following in the GOP.

edit on 22-9-2014 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
If she was a Hollywood celebrity we would call this damage control.Why she considers herself a proud American after committing these acts is just beyond me.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I wish we could get past the partisan politics crap on this one. There's plenty for everyone to be pissed about and we all should be concerned with the IRS being used as a tool to punish political enemies. I would never in a million years have believed people would defend the IRS because of a political ideology but alas we have the current state of the nation.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

First off, I have no affiliations of any kind with the tea party.

Secondly, if it quacks like a duck, walks like a duck and swims like a duck, it is likely a duck.

What are the odds that the major players in this just happened to have hard drive crashes?

How often have you had a hard drive crash? Going back to roughly 1992 I have had zero business hard drive crashes and 2 hard drive crashes at home, one of which was not a true crash, but corrupted data by virtue of virus. I wiped the drive and started anew.

So go ahead, believe your hero. You remind me of Republicans during Watergate. lol

I am happy you trust your federal govt to the degree you do, unlike most people in the US.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Flatfish

It is a right, capitalized, bolded, underlined or italicized...thank you for the grade school civics lesson.

You can doubt seriously all you want. I will likely be there with you. Does not mean that there was not wrong doing by TPTB.

You honestly believe the odds of the major players hard drives crashing and the back ups being gone are according to odds? How many hard drive crashes have you suffered?

Since about 1992 I have had zero business hard drive crashes, ZERO. I have had 2 personal hard drive crashes in that time and one was not really a crash, but corrupted data due to a virus. I wiped the drive and started anew. So...given my experience with hard drive crashes I call BS on 5 or 6 well placed crashes.

Republicans during Watergate were making all kinds of excuses, explanations and denials as well.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: howmuch4another
I wish we could get past the partisan politics crap on this one. There's plenty for everyone to be pissed about and we all should be concerned with the IRS being used as a tool to punish political enemies. I would never in a million years have believed people would defend the IRS because of a political ideology but alas we have the current state of the nation.

Well, there was no specific targeting. As much as conservative media would have you believe. Liberal organizations were 'targeted' just as much as conservative organizations. The only difference being that for every one liberal organization formed that year there were ten conservative organizations formed.

As to hard-drive crashes, I've experience 5 or 6 in the last 20 years. Two at home and the rest at work.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   

As to hard-drive crashes, I've experience 5 or 6 in the last 20 years. Two at home and the rest at work.

So, 1 every 5 years (or 6.67 years) at work. How does that track with the 5 failures in a year of the major players involved in the scandal?

Personally, 1 hard drive failure in 5 years seems like a high rate to me...or I have just been lucky. Factor in replacement rates (have no idea how often the pc of the head of the IRS is replaced) and I still go hmmm

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   

What are the odds that the major players in this just happened to have hard drive crashes?

How often have you had a hard drive crash? Going back to roughly 1992 I have had zero business hard drive crashes and 2 hard drive crashes at home, one of which was not a true crash, but corrupted data by virtue of virus. I wiped the drive and started anew.

It seems that hard drives have three distinct failure “phases.” In the first phase, which lasts 1.5 years, hard drives have an annual failure rate of 5.1%. For the next 1.5 years, the annual failure rate drops to 1.4%. After three years, the failure rate explodes to 11.8% per year. In short, this means that around 92% of drives survive the first 18 months, and almost all of those (90%) then go on to reach three years.

Extrapolating from these figures, just under 80% of all hard drives will survive to their fourth anniversary. Backblaze doesn’t have figures beyond that, but its distinguished engineer, Brian Beach, speculates that the failure rate will probably stick to around 12% per year. This means that 50% of hard drives will survive until their sixth birthday.

Beyond that, the hard drive failures are one of the best hard tell signs that there is more to the story. I can see the possibility of one failure, but the odds dramatically decrease that multiple drives would fail ... that isn't even taking into account that nightly backups would be made of the entire system and archived.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: AllSourceIntel

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

What is with the tone ... "Look"?

I never said she was innocent, what I said was far from that.

EVERY paper or news agency has their own agenda, that doesn't mean they can't write a balanced story. Personal opinion does not belong in reporting, that is called commentary.

What news do you trust?

LOL...that wasn't meant to be a "tone," it's just the way I sometimes speak. Good ol' internet--removing tone of voice since 1991.

I distrust basically all news as being objective, so I have to farm out my information from multiple sources on stories that interest me. I go from MSNBC to FoxNews and everything inbetween (and sometimes even farther in the left/right direction). Hell, that's what brings me here to ATS.

But, regardless, I wasn't trying to have a rude tone, it was just interpreted that way.

Best Regards.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

So, 1 every 5 years (or 6.67 years) at work. How does that track with the 5 failures in a year of the major players involved in the scandal?

Personally, 1 hard drive failure in 5 years seems like a high rate to me...or I have just been lucky. Factor in replacement rates (have no idea how often the pc of the head of the IRS is replaced) and I still go hmmm

And don't forget any IT person with a powder will backup your profile and archive your email to seperate drives that are at a minimum RAID 1. Then there is a overall total backup system for everything. I know I have done it. Anyone who thinks her hard drive failure is what's keeping anyone from seeing her emails has never been on the network side of computing.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677

You have no proof you can present other than a feeling something is not right. Even though the concenus says you are wrong you still know you are right. How will you ever be able to prove what you know? you can't so that means you are wrong. I often get judged by these same standards.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Well, there was no specific targeting. As much as conservative media would have you believe. Liberal organizations were 'targeted' just as much as conservative organizations. The only difference being that for every one liberal organization formed that year there were ten conservative organizations formed.

So I guess that fact she admitted to wrongdoing then apologized for it means nothing. THe liberal scrutiny was a pittance compared to conservatives. If not why are there no Liberal 501 c4's suing the government for delays in issuing the 501 c4?

Tax Meeting Transcript

Washington Post Fact Check (4 Pinocchios) She is a liar

From Bloomberg

Her Appology:

"At a tax conference on May 10, Lerner disclosed -- in response to a question she planted -- that the IRS had singled out for extra scrutiny groups with “Tea Party” and “patriot” in their names when applying for tax-exempt status. Lerner, a former Federal Election Commission official, apologized on behalf of the IRS."

As I said anyone who defends these criminals is just as bad. Thats just at taking her for her word.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

ugh...more partisan drivel in response to a post about partisan drivel.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join