It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Woman Hit Teens With An SUV After Golf Ball Accidentally Strikes Car

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   
3 brothers who were bouncing a golf ball in a parking lot were deliberately charged by a woman in an SUV after the ball accidentally struck her SUV. No damage was done to the vehicle, and the boys apologized for the incident. The woman made a uturn, running over a median and struck 2 of the brothers. The 3rd managed to get away although the woman did try to run him down.

www.cnn.com
ST. AUGUSTINE, Florida (AP) -- A woman ran over two teenage brothers after they accidentally hit her sport utility vehicle with a golf ball they were bouncing in a parking lot, officials said. One of the boys suffered life-threatening injuries.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Is it not bad enough with the headlines that are constantly in todays news? We have to worry about terrorism, the economy, the soldiers dying overseas, and now we have to hear about this deranged woman? She got out and smoked a cigarette while the boys were laying in pain on the ground. What is wrong with people these days?

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   
There is so much wrong with this picture its not even funny. Who in the ******* **** runs down some kids with an SUV for accidentally hitting it with a golf ball, then smokes a cig while they lay on the ground? Thankfully I'm not a judge, because the woman would be looking at three counts of attempted vehicular manslaughter. I can only imagine what her justification for this will be...

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I think this is at least in part, in some small way due to the SUV mentality people have nowadays. Sure, the kids did something wrong, but if they were my kids, I'd behead that lady for even thinking of running my kids over...

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I have to agree with both of you. How in the name of god can the THOUGHT even enter your mind to run down some kids? If it were my children - that woman would pray she never got out of jail, because I'd be waiting.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Some slimey scumbag attorney will no doubt try to save her ass by having her plead insanity or some such crap...

Seems like all the loones are here in Florida
....Let's bring back the guillotine and do public executions...maybe that will weed them out....

[edit on 12/7/2004 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Seems like all the loones are here in Florida ....Let's bring back the guillotine and do public executions...maybe that will weed them out....

EnronOutrunHomerun - I think you should run for president!

If nothing else it would sure cut down on prison overpopulation......

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   
This lady has severe mental problems. The nerve of her to get out the car and smoke a cigarrette with injured kids on the road, unbelievable, they should permanently revoke her driver's licensce for starters and then put her in a jail or mental institution more likely for a few years.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   

This lady has severe mental problems. The nerve of her to get out the car and smoke a cigarrette with injured kids on the road, unbelievable, they should permanently revoke her driver's licensce for starters and then put her in a jail or mental institution more likely for a few years.

I'm going to open a can of worms here - in fact I'm going to start a thread I think on this - If someone is dangerous to society, then they're a danger to society. I see SOMEWHAT, where the insanity defense MAY be OK to stop a death sentence however, I don't see why those who murder, rape, or committ any other heinous crime should be given a slap on the wrist. Put this woman away........

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   
This is a very sad story but nothing new. Weird #e is happening all the time. We all heard stories about postal workers and such, or about a Texas mom who dorwned her kids. Sad sad sad. There are mental people out there.

That's all there is to it. I wouldn't even remotely link the SUV to the behaviour.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   

This is a very sad story but nothing new. Weird is happening all the time. We all heard stories about postal workers and such, or about a Texas mom who dorwned her kids. Sad sad sad. There are mental people out there.

Yeah - it is very sad.
I just can't comprehend getting that "out of whack" though. First off running them down, then having a smoke while she watches them squirm in pain on the road before her.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Some slimey scumbag attorney will no doubt try to save her ass by having her plead insanity or some such crap...

Unfortunately you're probably correct. Some scumbag ambulance chaser will come up with some excuse justifying her actions, and she will get off. Makes me sick

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by superdude
EnronOutrunHomerun - I think you should run for president!

I dunno - the comptetion these days sure is stiff

Unfortunately you're probably correct. Some scumbag ambulance chaser will come up with some excuse justifying her actions, and she will get off. Makes me sick

Happens every time....Motivated by greed and the hopes of gaining a reputation as the man to come to when you're knee-deep in #...

Originally posted by Aelita
I wouldn't even remotely link the SUV to the behaviour

I dunno....If it was an old beat up pinto, maybe she wouldn't have gotten so irrate at the kids....But then again, you never know....Clealry it wasn't the car that had a few screws loose....

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Ya, that face has crazy written all over it. The crooked glasses are a nice touch.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I would dig in her backgarden looking for remains of missing persons...

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   
nuts, just nuts. i find it hard to imagine what it takes to do that sort of thing. what can possibly go through your head while you are doing it? what can convince you its a good idea?

history of mental illnesses, got out and smoked. if this lawyer is any good hell do (temporary) insanity and shell go (relatively) free.

public executions have some merit. not much, and i know you meant it humorously, but there is a certain aspect to it. especially to families of the victims.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer
history of mental illnesses, got out and smoked. if this lawyer is any good hell do (temporary) insanity and shell go (relatively) free.

She's got a public defender as of right now. That probably doesn't bode very well for her.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by PistolPete
She's got a public defender as of right now. That probably doesn't bode very well for her.

yeah, saw that. still, its not hard to put 2 and 2 together. and its not hard to get away with it either, even if you are incompetant.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Honestly Enronhomerun, you sound like you have the same problem this lady does.

As president would you invade a country with no WMDs, no link to Al Qaeda, no terrorist training grounds?

We live in a world of hot-heads. All on power trips. Over-reacting everywhere.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 05:23 AM
link   
What is a SUV?

(because of the shortpost-rules I will have to ramble additional things here in order for me to be able to post this question)

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a SUV is an over sized truck that compleatly enclosed with one or two extra rows of sets .Kind a cross between a station wagon and a truck.
And manny of time I wouldent post a reaply or ask a question because of the more then one line rule.
thinking guid lines are much better the calling it a rule as no rule can cover ever thing and a guid line does the same thing as a rule helping cut down on a problem wile alowing exceptions.
But La Sa Ra Sa Ra . (what will be will be ) in others words its not my web site he who rules makes the rules. Love dobble meanings .lol

new topics

top topics

join