It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Passenger ejected from flight over notebook doodles

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   

A Melbourne man was hauled off a Tiger Airways flight by federal police on Saturday after claims he was seen doodling and writing sentences in a notebook satirising the current terrorism threat.
"The irony is I was writing a sentence about the absurdity of the fearmongering when we live in such a happy country of ice-cream and beaches and fluffy things," he said.

A page of Mr Buckworth's notebook seen by Fairfax Media contains the sentence: "In a land of melting ice-creams, sandy feet and fluffy bears, how could anyone be fearful of terrorism."
Other doodles include a sketch of a chandelier – Mr Buckworth is an interior designer – and the play on words: "Terrorismadeup."

Passenger ejected from flight over notebook doodles

I share the sentiments of the doodling passenger. Terrorism exists, but is ridiculously over-sensationalized by the media.

It is absurd that he was removed from a flight over doodling in a notebook.

I think the government uses the media to hyperbolize terrorism with the intent of using fear to control people; more specifically, to get people to willingly give up their freedoms out of fear.

This is an example of how strong the "manufactured" fear can be. Common sense would dictate that a man doodling in a notebook is not a threat, but people have been conditioned to fear terrorism so much that it overrides common sense.

+17 more 
posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Yeah... Cause we all know terrorists give hints by doodling in hopes that some of the flight attendants will catch on right before the shiite hits the fan. Kind of like a sick, twisted version of Pictionary.

[insert rolling eyes here]

Welcome to ZERO TOLERANCE land where all common sense is deposited directly into the trash before you enter.

Maybe he should have doodled Obama a better economy... Since everything he doodles must come to fruition. I meant that's how it works right? Amirite??

Put this right up there with Pop Tart guns and chicken finger weapons....

Super scary and super worthy of extreme over reactions for your safety and mine.

edit on 9/21/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Wow...

If it were something like this I would understand... Why someone thought this would be funny is beyond me but...

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
That is absolutely ridiculous! I don't even know what to say it just that ridiculous! how was he any kind of threat? I mean to be removed from the plane for that! Seriously!
Considering how high tensions are here in Australia right now with the recent terror raids and terror alert being raised too high, and the threat being plastered all over the media i know and understand that people are on edge and scared and might over react to the slightest thing but this is just absurd and theyre just adding more to the fear mongering side of things by doing this.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Some people have sick senses of humor and enjoy the shock factor crap like that creates. I don't understand it and hope that my mind is never in a position to.

Humans... They span everything from amazing to absolutely disgusting.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
theres two powers at work here.

Theres satirism and fear of serious threat.

Its basically the same as shouting "holy crap this first class cabin is the BOMB" and "wow this first class class cabin is epic"

One says bomb, one does not, does anyone want to risk "bomb" being mentioned and ignored in the face of an actual bomb threat? No. Of course its unlikely but would anyone risk it? NO.

Just because somthing is in fact benign, doesnt mean you shouldn't throw it around and not expect a response.

You dont say terrorist, bomb, gun and other aggressive violence related words or drawings on a plane - he was being provocative and possibly unsettling to passengers. If one is so humanitarian, why deliberately agitate everyone.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

That reminded me of this...

I couldn't resist.

I do agree that a lot of times you can't chance some things, but there has to be a grey area in there somewhere. It's between chicken little and the ostrich with it's head in the sand. We need to find it and our sanity.
edit on 9/21/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Ice-cream, beaches, and fluffy things? Doodling in a notepad like a child, about terrorism, on a plane? I would kick him off the plane just because he is a lunatic.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheFlesh1980

Is this the initial stages of art suppression?

Though this may not be seen as true 'art' how long will it be until certain books, music or dress will not be allowed on jets and then our streets.
Things like this make me sad.

Oh, let me just say I would not want to sit next to this guy in a jet for 2 hours!
edit on 9/21/2014 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Well, they thought that they could sensor free speech. They did "ejecting" him from the flight, making it tough on him. Probably on some list now. However, now it's on the net for all to see, free speech. It also goes hand in hand illustrating the terror and fear based culture we are under extending throughout the world. Anyone seen a larger pic(for more detail) of the drawing page?

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   

wow I use a notebook for all my doodles and thoughts.... gee wizz, things are getting so crazy around here.
next time I fly anywhere, I will make sure I don't take my notebooks.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   
A mate of mine was dragged off a plane in Sydney and spent a week with the AFP for saying " I'll fly this plane myself shortly." because he was pissed off at being delayed on the tarmac for 3 hours.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 02:55 AM
link   
omg...and the authorities wonder why they cant catch the real terrorists and criminals...it never occurs to them they spend too much time with this kinda crap...where do they learn this crap from the forest gump manual on how to catch a terrorist ?

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I think what happened was a fed saw his drawing & thought "oh #, he knows our master plan of the beach paradise where we've stashed all the worlds ice creams & our most guarded secret, the deification & awesome power of the cotton stuffed bear....."CODE FLUFF, CODE FLUFF!!"! Now we just need to find exactly where that flight was heading! XD

But really, I had to post here because I tend to agree with the poster majority here, as it is such a ridiculous world we live in at times. It's not like the guy wore a shirt that said "I am the bomb", firing wink & gun hip shots to the pilot & staff, but then again, even before 9/11 & sandy hook (sandy feet reference?), it does look like a very mentally disturbing image. Not to mention I guarantee that 99% of suicide hijackersr are PRAYING THEIR ASSES OFF that somebody catches or stops them before they have to do this horrible #, and instead of dying they get to take it as a sign from God/Allah/etc that they, and every1 else should live. lol

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 03:24 AM
link   
The Government & the Media have made people oversensitive to crap like this. If you're scared sh#tless because somebody drew a "bad" word, you might as well change the constitution to "We the people obey you". That's it!

Just stay home in you're "safe haven".

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hellas
The Government & the Media have made people oversensitive to crap like this. If you're scared sh#tless because somebody drew a "bad" word, you might as well change the constitution to "We the people obey you". That's it!

Just stay home in you're "safe haven".

what is really scary is that it is working.....how many people are actually scared sitting in their safe havens ?..

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Hah... what a joke... seriously, I think a lot of this happens because there are people who long so desperately for some excitement in their lives that they turn ordinary situations into sensations.

We had a very similar example here in Denmark just two weeks ago.

A young middle eastern looking man was seen on a public train in Copenhagen. He was described as looking nervous, and was reading a book about terrorism.
At some point the train comes to an abrupt halt and his suitcase falls over on the floor. Then he hastily leaves the train.

This makes a woman sitting across him diagonally to call the police on him in fear he was carrying a bomb.

All day up until early afternoon the police presence in Copenhagen was immense. They were going around with machine-guns and going through the metro and regular trains looking for this guy.

At some point they are tipped off...... by the guys parents.

The poor guy was a student. He was looking nervous because he was on his way to his final exam.... in state affairs. And the book he was reading publicly on the train? It turned out to be "The War on Terrorism".

I mean seriously.............. In cases like that from Australia and this from Denmark. Both say more about the world that the two people who reported this live in than it does about the two innocent guys being persecuted for doing, well, nothing.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
This is absolutely silly. Yet I also bring my sketchbook onto any plane I ride on, and draw realistic looking reptilian humanoids and aliens of varying types. If anyone gets creeped out, that's their own fault by watching me draw.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Wow! Another example of over reacting eh? It is just sick anymore that we cannot even do something as simple as doodling!! What a freakin joke this life is any more!!! Makes me ashamed to be a part of it...... Just sayin...... Syx.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join