It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is that a Drill Sergeant or a Police Officer? Belligerent Cop Loses it On Man for Knowing His Rights

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
That driver is an a hole. He started right off the the bat looking for trouble. No wonder he found it. Security check points are not unconstitutional. But let's not consider the lives saved by getting drunk drivers off the road or even a car who's break lights don't work. Not even considering this might even be staged. That man shows no respect just in speaking to another human being. What a moron.

LOL, the driver was the ahole and not the belligerent cop? He did not start off looking for trouble, he started off asking questions. In what world can you not ask a simple question? So you are okay with security check points because of the lives it saves... okay... I'm sure you're also okay with the Govt/NSA/ALL other alphabet agencies spying in on us too for the sake of national security... The US loves citizens like you, folks who will just comply and do as their told. You are a part of the group that's easy to herd along. Congrats!

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

That man shows no respect just in speaking to another human being. What a moron.

While I'm sure he was being irritating, I don't see any place where he was 'disrespectful'. Unless you define respect as abject obedience.

Now, you want disrespect, that's what was coming from the officers, especially the screamer.

At any rate, respect is one of those things you have to earn, no? I will give you...civility. I'm not going to fawn.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
All i see is a guy, a bit cocky blabbing on about rights or something, When Gunnery Sergaent Hartman Rips open the Door, Mr Cocky suddenly turns into Mr Jelly Doughnut here

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I agree the driver didn't handle the situation well. Neither did the cop. . The officer had probably already dealt with more than one belligerent idiot that evening and was at the end of his rope. a reply to: redhorse

edit on AMu30u0993933302014-09-22T10:33:53-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

I agree the driver didn't handle the situation well. Neither did the cop. . The officer had probably already dealt with more than one belligerent idiot that evening and was at the end of his rope. a reply to: redhorse

I don't care if he dealt with a million belligerent constitutional chirping folks in a night. There is professional and unprofessional, and the way that officer acted was totally unprofessional.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Get out. He starts off with am I being detained. Then says he wants a lawyer when he clearly was not under arrest. His demeanor was adversarial from word one. reply to: jhn7537

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Yeah well in a perfect world but the guys human. Could have been tired, hungry, had a fight with his wife who knows. If we could all act the way we're supposed to all the time we wouldn't even need police. Anyway he's not robocop he's a human. a reply to: jhn7537

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Then the camera should be pointing the other way. Like you know at the street in the direction he's driving. Really you know a few people who've gotten out of tickets? ' Do you have lots of friends who often get stopped by police? I don't. Getting stopped by police is a big deal. Not something that happens to people I know on a regular basis. Do you have a dash cam? I don't. I don't consider it something I need. Nor do my acquaintances. Just noting that if you are a good driver you don't get stopped.
I was stopped at a safety checkpoint once. I thanked the officer for making sure the drunks were off the road and not killing people. 'ta reply to: NavyDoc

You must not know many police then. Heck, I've had a lot of run-ins with them, and I'm a white guy with a security clearance.

Going down by the Florabama on the weekend, it's de rigueur to put roadblocks all the time. Fine.

Been pulled over for "checks" on my motorcycle a few times. Same in the car. I think I got a ticket 10 years ago. They just like pulling me over. Had guns drawn on me a couple of times during traffic stops when they find I've got a CCW permit, which I found amusing. Heck, I even had one unfortunate cop decide, and I quote "I'm the law and I gave you an order, so it's a lawful order" which he discovered was quite untrue when our lawyer got hold of the city attorney. "Thanks, it's my first opportunity to go to Federal court on a 13th amendment violation! Can you have some cops force Tom to quarter them in his house? I'll have a civil rights violation bingo!"

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I see interrupting someone when they are talking as disrespectful but hey that's just me apparently. a reply to: Bedlam

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Yeah well in a perfect world but the guys human. Could have been tired, hungry, had a fight with his wife who knows. If we could all act the way we're supposed to all the time we wouldn't even need police. Anyway he's not robocop he's a human. a reply to: jhn7537

And like all humans he will likely need to answer for this outburst that was recorded. Maybe a little more training will be needed to learn how to act and how not to act. I sent that clip to the Illinois State Police asking for an explanation on whether that's standard protocol to act in that manner on the job. I look forward to hearing their response, and if I hear nothing I will happily pass this along to the state attorney general.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Not exactly a ringing endorsement for vesting such authority in him, is it?

If he can't set his personal problems aside, he doesn't need the badge.

Consider - if you go to the ED and scream at the nurse, is it ok if she gives you something toxic? She had a long shift, after all. But you have an innate trust in doctors and nurses, firemen, EMTs. You have absolutely NO expectation that even if you're rude, or demanding, or uncompliant, that they'll finally get enough, snap, and deprive you of your life. Because that's how a professional acts.

But it would never occur to you that this could happen. Because you don't choose doctors for anti-social tendencies, or narcissism. The job isn't screened to produce those people, and it doesn't attract those people. Except maybe for vascular surgeons. Not the way that law enforcement does.
edit on 22-9-2014 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Then the camera should be pointing the other way. Like you know at the street in the direction he's driving. Really you know a few people who've gotten out of tickets? ' Do you have lots of friends who often get stopped by police? I don't. Getting stopped by police is a big deal. Not something that happens to people I know on a regular basis. Do you have a dash cam? I don't. I don't consider it something I need. Nor do my acquaintances. Just noting that if you are a good driver you don't get stopped.
I was stopped at a safety checkpoint once. I thanked the officer for making sure the drunks were off the road and not killing people. 'ta reply to: NavyDoc

In the beginning of the video we see him swiveling the camera to face him and the door.

I know a lot of people and yes, I know a few who have used the camera evidence to help their case. When you get busted for running a red light, but have dash footage of the light clearly being yellow, it takes the nature of the issue from "he said, she said" to objective evidence.

I don't have a dash cam, but I am considering it. There was a woman around here recently who caught an aggressive road rage type who accused her of reckless driving when he was questioned by police. He was 100% in the wrong, all on camera.

There is a phrase, "those who give up liberty for safety will end up with neither." If I am doing something wrong, swerving, speeding, etc, pull me over, I deserve it. If I'm just turning into my neighborhood to go home after work, leave me alone. I don't think that very unreasonable at all.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: WilsonWilson
a reply to: FlySolo
Your argument doesnt make sense otherwise you're saying life is not a right but a privilege, because the state can take it away.

No, anyone thinking driving is a right have driving confused with travel, you have a right to travel.

Once operation of vehicles that are in national data bases comes into play your travel rights become a privilege.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537
And like all humans he will likely need to answer for this outburst that was recorded. Maybe a little more training will be needed to learn how to act and how not to act.

It'll never happen. If you had a regulatory agency with teeth to it, maybe. Something like the FBI's Office of Professional Responsibility is to the FBI, and even THEY'RE sort of slipshod.

You can't have an agency police itself. You just can't. Human nature being what it is, you're going to let your buddies slide any chance you get.

I would expect this cop to get kudos for the behavior, not censure.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: nighthawk1954

I'm British and happily abide by the law in my country. If I were to travel to the states and got a car to travel around in AND just happened to fall by one of these 'road safety' checkpoints you guys have, what are my rights?

I am assuming I have no constitution under your state laws, thus not a leg to stand on.. would an English traveller or indeed any tourist get bullied in these situations?

curious..

edit on 22/9/2014 by L.A.B because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: L.A.B

I'm British and happily abide by the law in my country. If I were to travel to the states and got a car to travel around in AND just happened to fall by one of these 'road safety' checkpoints you guys have, what are my rights?

I am assuming I have no constitution under your state laws, thus not a leg to stand on.. would an English traveller or indeed any tourist get bullied in these situations?

curious..

A visitor to the US is under the same Constitutional protections where criminal law is concerned, so the same stuff should apply.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

curious..

I'm sure if you showed them your passport, rental car documents etc and told them about why you were in the US..ie, Holiday, business whatever...they would let you go on your merry way..

I dont get it...Has the morning of 9/11 faded from memory in just 13 years. These traffic stops are there to serve a purpose. To catch people up to No Good. If one of these stops results in the capture of a terrorist cell about to commit mass murder, Then i'm pretty sure everyone will think a lot differently about having 3 minutes of their oh so important time wasted.

"Oh, my rights are being violated because a bad man with a badge asked for some ID,"......Give me a break.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
10 years ago when I would tell Americans this is where they were headed, Id get laughed at. Called a crazy, and to get my tin hat. I would love to say I told you so, but its not even worth gloating about it.

I would love to be put into a room with just me and that knob jockey, without his "fellows" giving his skinny self the confidence to give it the biggun.
And people wonder why the police get a bad rep. No really, they do wonder.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

curious..

I'm sure if you showed them your passport, rental car documents etc and told them about why you were in the US..ie, Holiday, business whatever...they would let you go on your merry way..

I dont get it...Has the morning of 9/11 faded from memory in just 13 years. These traffic stops are there to serve a purpose. To catch people up to No Good. If one of these stops results in the capture of a terrorist cell about to commit mass murder, Then i'm pretty sure everyone will think a lot differently about having 3 minutes of their oh so important time wasted.

"Oh, my rights are being violated because a bad man with a badge asked for some ID,"......Give me a break.

OK, so these stop checks are to catch ze evil terrorists?

The same terrorists that have only ever attacked america once, which it turned out was an inside job. So terrorists didnt carry out the attack. So Islamic terrorists have NEVER attacked US soil, and that justifies these stop checks? Really?
I mean you really do believe that?

The way to fight terrorists on the other side of the world is to terrorise your own civilians?

Interesting use of logic!

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join