It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US admits there is a much scarier terrorist group than ISIS!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
US Admits There Is A Much Scarier Terrorist Group Than ISIS!!!

Apologies for the sensationalist headline...
Please don't shoot the messenger...

New intelligence has emerged warning Washington that its upcoming confrontation with the Islamic State may leave it blind to a more sinister and direct threat from a much lesser known terrorist group that has arisen from the ashes of the Syrian war.

Very little information is being released at the moment by anyone within American intelligence circles, but the group calling itself Khorasan is said by officials to have concrete plans for striking targets in the United States and Europe as a chosen modus operandi – more so than the Islamic State (IS), formerly known as ISIS.

The first ever mention of the group occurred on Thursday at an intelligence gathering in Washington DC, when National Intelligence Director James Clapper admitted that “in terms of threat to the homeland, Khorasan may pose as much of a danger as the Islamic State.

So not exactly what the headline claimed...
But nonetheless, it shouldn't be swept under the rug...

CBS Went With..."What Is Krorasan?"..

Former CIA deputy director Mike Morell explained on "CBS This Morning" that a group of militants from al Qaeda-central, near Pakistan's border with Afghanistan, have joined the fight in Syria and "evolved into the external operations arm" of the group's franchise in that country, the al-Nusra Front.

"Khorasan members came from Pakistan," said Morell. "They focus on attacks in the West."

It may be too early to tell if this group is significant...

But the worry is that occupying all their time and resources on IS...
The West may become complacent with other such groups!!!

What makes Khorasan so dangerous -- given its presumed access to the pool of hundreds of U.S. and European jihadists who have flooded into Syria to join the fight -- is the group's suspected members from or trained by al Qaeda's branch in Yemen, AQAP.

AQAP has been considered for years one of the most direct and imminent threats to the U.S., boasting al Qaeda's master bomb-builder, Ibrahim al-Asiri.

"That is very worrisome because that brings together two pieces of a potential plot in the West," said Morell. "It brings together Western fighters who have gone to Syria to fight -- so capable of carrying out operations in the West -- with this bomb technology that Asiri brings to the table. You put those things together, you have a serious threat."

Is it a case of " there's so much danger we need your money & support sooner rather than later"...???
Or is it truly a threat that could be missed, causing more problems on the Western Front???

Only time will tell...

Bless You!!!

edit on 21-9-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: Added an !!!

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I thought the government finally admitted they're murderous cowards hiding behind uniforms.

I wonder who's really funding Khorasan? Probably the same people funding every government/corporation on the planet.

Like funerary work, if you work in control you never go out of business. People always die, need to be buried and they always need tyrannical oversight.

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Wow they're already lining up the next enemy that will take the place of ISIS once they've outlived their usefulness.

This whole thing is getting absurdly transparent.

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
As people are seeing through the BS of ISIS, another is born just in case the US needs more fear to be felt by the people.

"Back-up Boogeymen" kept in reserve...just in case.

This is getting to the point of being a very bad comedy.

Peace

edit on 21-9-2014 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
This is nothing but TV advertisment, and we are going to buy all of it in one way or another.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Interesting post,so this new group has a similar name to Koran and even worst than Isis

I take it this is our name we gave them? Strange it clearly has Koran in it :-/

You shorten homeland security agency to HSA and add that to the Koran and you get this new terrorist name
edit on 21-9-2014 by Whereismypassword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
If you poke the hornets nest with a stick for long enough you're gonna get stung! Sooner or later these terrorists are going to get in the door and do some real damage to the democratic way of life, you can count on it! There is enough death and carnage in the future from this crap as to make things like Ebola laughable. I'm sorry but we're in for a very bad future as I see it.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I think our muslim sympathizer president is trying to steer the attention away from the fact that ISIS main leader was liberated during his administration to become what he is now and make Americans short span memories get their attention on a new boogey man that is not from Syria but has come to Syria, to get people confused.

Yes, I had been reading on this new "terrorist" group, I still don bite on the story and the hype, the same way that our president thinks that Americans are that stupid to believe that ISIS are Muslim but no Islamic.

edit on 21-9-2014 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: minkmouse
If you poke the hornets nest with a stick for long enough you're gonna get stung! Sooner or later these terrorists are going to get in the door and do some real damage to the democratic way of life, you can count on it! There is enough death and carnage in the future from this crap as to make things like Ebola laughable. I'm sorry but we're in for a very bad future as I see it.

Stop buying the crap being fed to you. Your response is exactly what they want.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Whereismypassword

Khorasan may refer to:

- Greater Khorasan, a historic region which lies mainly in modern-day Iran.

- It was previously known as Parthia; later, during the Sassanid era, it was changed to Khorasan.

- Khorasan Province, a pre-2004 province of Iran, subsequently divided into:

So the terrorist Group we are going to fight NeXT is Iran?

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
This administration is far more afraid of those gun owning, conservative, freedom loving, constitution and bible clinging, mostly white domestic terrorists than they are of any foreign based terrorist threats.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Yeah Iran comes after Syria,I guess you have seen Generals clarks 7 country vid floating about on the net

I think there playing games with us linking the Koran with terrorism in this new group almost like a subliminal message as soon as I see this name in print Koran just jumps out

So this could be the route to Iran? Expect they have many ways to get there in the end we will just have to wait for Syria to tumble and see how on earth they get to Iran next

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

You can believe the Media & Politicians that IS are Muslims...
Seeing as that's the only place we heard this claim coming from...
Unless you know an IS member...

Or you can take the word of an actual Sunni Muslim like myself that they're not Muslims...
Or acting in accordance with Islam!!!

But I'm not gonna try and convince you...
It's your decision my friend!!!

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Good post, Charlie!

But the seeds to this started in Pakistan, with young male college grads - and no jobs:

www.cssforum.com.pk...
PAKISTANI FORUM: THE MANY PROBLEMS OF UNEMPLOYMENT AND PAKISTANI YOUTH

Also, another under-reported fact is that part of the world is BIG on referencing Wikileaks, which has a never-ending stream of anti-American bile:

www.alexa.com...
WIKILEAKS.ORG SITE OVERVIEW
India is second in "most site visitors," after the U.S.

(NOTE: Just type in wikileaks/org if this opens with no site destination.)

So no surprise that more and more highly-educated young Pakistani men are being radicalized as terrorists! Perhaps the scarey new rebel/terrorist groups like the ISIL - tough, well trained and organized - will be more the norm than the aberration in the future ...
edit on 21-9-2014 by MKMoniker because: misspellings

edit on 21-9-2014 by MKMoniker because: problems with links

edit on 21-9-2014 by MKMoniker because: still trying to get link to work

edit on 21-9-2014 by MKMoniker because: still trying to get link to work

edit on 21-9-2014 by MKMoniker because: link to Alexa still not working

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

You can also choose to still.believe in Santa, the tooth fairy, and other well known tales.

ISIS is Islamic, they are Muslims, following the strictest interpretations of Islam, they can bring forward Islamic scriptures that can be used to justify everything they have done, are doing, and plan to do. Most of it written from the words of the beloved prophet himself.

Yes, Santa is real...

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

originally posted by: minkmouse

Stop buying the crap being fed to you. Your response is exactly what they want.

Are you crazy!!! You can't go around the world stomping on other countries and crating regional chaos and not expect backlash! I'll come back to this thread in oh around five years and see where we're at! The problem is that America produces very little world wide but pain and misery! These people who don't exist will bleed you to death, the only hope you have is to turn the whole Middle East into glass!

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

A fellow SCOUT went to the White House and made it INSIDE the building.
THEY SHOULD BE SCARED.
They strayed from their DUTIES and they'd BEST STEP back in line.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Wow, congratulations, I'm sure you just made it to several high priority watch lists with that post.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
lol, zero fear of any new terrorist group, if we wanted to be rid of these guys you could drop 2-3000 red necks in pickup trucks into the region with their own at home arsenals and they'd be just as powerful counter balance as any of these rejects actually have power to yield, a pressure cooker bomb destroying a few athletes or a bus blowing up once every few years or even a whole building like the wtc going down.... pthhhh it will never reach a level where my odds of being in a terrorist attack are worse than slipping and hitting my head in the bath tub, more kids will be shot in Detroit this week than Americans will die from terrorists this whole year...

What I see is the real battle.. in our efforts to distinguish "terrorists" from "ordinary Islamic folk" we are preaching tolerance via immigration, but the "REAL" war is demographic because we live in a democracy and people vote, the kindly Islamic ordinary people are ALSO staunch ultra conservatives who will vote in Western Society, over time the laws passed and the cultural change will be far worse than a few idiots with bomb vests or a few downed airlines... frankly I rather have an airliner go down once a year to a bomb than have me having a drink on any flight I take barred by law... Screw the dark ages returning, worry about who will be voting in your elections if you keep thinking that ordinary Islam isn't the real threat, worry about your daughters daughter wearing a burka instead of living in a modern world of technology and liberality because the "terrorists are both the distraction and the Key within Islam to creating acceptance of the religion in your daily life. I'll take the one in 3 Million chance a bomb gets me in my lifetime over the reality that one of my grand kids gets killed for eating bacon or raped for showing her face in 40 years....

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I'll just leave this here...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join