It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Princeton University creates solid/crystallized light in experiement

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Researcher Dr. Darius Sadri~ "In one mode of operation, light sloshes back and forth like a liquid; in the other, it freezes."

The researchers constructed what they call an “artificial atom” made of 100 billion atoms engineered to act like a single unit. They then brought this close to a superconducting wire carrying photons. In one of the almost incomprehensible behaviors unique to the quantum world, the atom and the photons became entangled so that properties passed between the “atom” and the photons in the wire. The photons started to behave like atoms, correlating with each other to produce a single oscillating system.

Article

Sounds like very interesting research, what do you think it could pave the way for?

I know some people think a lot of these sort of things are or have been reversed engineered, from UFO/extraterrestrial technology... so lets not leave them out with this.

Solid light definition from 1976...

Description and case history found: Here

Opinions speculations?

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
We will probably find a way to weaponize it somehow.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

I think the main application will be in quantum computing since photons, unlike electrons, do not repel each other. This phase transition will enable them to interact with each other.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
what was its Density??

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I'm sure this was already done before in secret. I just wish all this funding would go to solving actual problems we could fix on the planet instead of being granted to someone with a scientific hunch and an ounce of curiosity.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
I just wish all this funding would go to solving actual problems we could fix on the planet instead of being granted to someone with a scientific hunch and an ounce of curiosity.

And what makes you think sophisticated quantum computers driven by this technology will not be able to help address planet-wide issues?

Additionally, why does it matter where a private university invests its resources?

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   

I'm sure this was already done before in secret. I just wish all this funding would go to solving actual problems we could fix on the planet instead of being granted to someone with a scientific hunch and an ounce of curiosity.

Who decides what are problems ?
One mans problem is not every mans !
Great work and the more pioneers we have the better. !

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

They won't be used to address any problems. They'll be put to evil uses. If any solutions to "worldly problems" are introduced, they're more control disguised as blessings. Computers have united us, the free exchange of ideas, information. They changed the world, but the little people are easier to control. More entertainment, more control, more influence. Computers were the gamechanger, the invention that united us in oppression.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

They won't be used to address any problems. They'll be put to evil uses.

If you say so.

Computers were the gamechanger, the invention that united us in oppression.

The irony of this must be lost on you while you bang away on your keyboard.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: BobAthome

what was its Density?? ,,ANYBODY ,, know??

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: BobAthome

If it was Solid it had Mass
if Mass, then Density,,,,

so what was its Density?

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Whatever you type, wherever you log on to, it is watched and recorded. Whenever you use the computer, you're accessing information they want you to see. Without computerization we'd be a different planet and we would not enjoy the quality of life we think we have. However, our use of the computer is surveillance.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Without computerization we'd be a different planet and we would not enjoy the quality of life we think we have.

I still fail to see how I am either 'controlled' or 'oppressed'.

Did someone other then me tell me to write that?

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
However, our use of the computer

u mean only those Computer's Hooked into the Internet Net,, not ALL computers,,??

ie: my calculator,,gone??

a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

I explained it in my post above. Everybody is oppressed, you're no different. Have a good one.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

I explained it in my post above.

You gave your opinion of why you feel oppressed and controlled. I do not share your paranoid sentiments.

When I jump onto this forum and make posts or go an purchase something on eBay it is a decision solely made by me and not some uber-secret agenda to control may everyday actions.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

I explained it in my post above. Everybody is oppressed, you're no different. Have a good one.

Why am I oppressed ?
And if I am ,I don't give a #en so does that make me oppressed if I don't care ?
Scratches head ?

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
On the topic...

Uses for liquid light or solid light?

Well, I recall a science fiction story I read a few decades ago that was called "A Can of Paint". Explorers on another world found some weird things. One was this can of paint, and one of its ingredients was "liquid light".

And I kind of like that idea. Being able to add light to paint could be very useful.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

its called " SPARKLES "

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
We will probably find a way to weaponize it somehow.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join