It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AT&T DONT EXCEPT CASH?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ujustneverknow

Oh wow! That's crazy!

I'll have to check next time I'm making a payment that I'm not getting charged a fee.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Maybe I am living on the edge of new tech or something here but I was kinda under the impression that this was more the norm than not now? I haven't used paper cash for anything in years. My rent, all utilities, even the soda and snack machine at work takes cards.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Only here for one reason and didn't read a thing...except the title. DOESN'T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   
The last time i looked at a dollar bill it said "this note is legal tender for all debts, public and private". Since they refused your money, take them to small claims court and make them give you the phone. Until such time as the government makes laws saying cash is no longer legal tender, there is no legal way for them to refuse it.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
There is a perfectly logical explanation for this, and sorry it's not some grand conspiracy against the use of cash. You more than likely were in a franchise store or "Authorized Retailer", not a corporate owned and operated store. Franchise stores have their own individual payment and inventory systems that run seperate from the AT&T system used to access your account and upgrade your phones etc. If you want to pay off your "Next" upgrade and have it come off of your bill, this must be done within your account, and the only way a franchise store can do this is and get the money directly to AT&T is to process a card payment thru AT&T's system. If you went to a corporate store, you would be able to pay it off in cash.

This is also why some stores charge a fee to make a cash bill payment. Franchise stores, as part of their agreement with the carrier, must employ a middle man third party company to handle the cash payments and get the money to the carrier. So that is why there is a fee to pay your bill in cash at these kinda stores, it covers the expenses associated with utilizing this third party company. If you pay by card there is no fee because no middle man is needed, the payment is done directly inside your account. And like above, if you go to a corporate location there is no fee to "accept" cash bill payments.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

and "accept" not "except".

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
This is why I use a prepaid phone. No stupid BS and hassles. I just buy a card for extra minutes at the corner pharmacy or nearby big box store, and pay for it at the cashier in cash/debit/giftcard no questions asked. Once paid for, the cashier activates it, and I scratch off a strip and punch a code into the phone for extra activation time and/or minutes. In my case it's also quite cheap, putting $100 on it will last me an entire year.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: 19KTankCommander

Was it an at&t corporate store? Or was it an agent location?

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Money orders, or the wire transfers Illegals send their ill gotten gains under the table salary home with while they live off every Gov charity they can.
edit on 24-9-2014 by VforVendettea because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
It's actually illegal not to accept fiat currency in Canada, I'd assume its the same for the wonderful US?
Can anyone confirm that?

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: OptimusCrime
Corporate store, that you can go and pay your bill.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: 19KTankCommander
a reply to: OptimusCrime
Corporate store, that you can go and pay your bill.

Wow! I used to work for at&t wireless and corporate stores use to always take cash. Agents usually didn't, though. That's BS.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: 0bservant

It says right on the note "For all debts public and private"If you owe money it is a debt.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: VforVendettea

Did you read the quote from the Treasury?

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: shwnspxx
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

and "accept" not "except".

"except" as in "except for". Not "accept" as in receive.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: shwnspxx

wow really? unless i'm missing some sort of sarcasm please have a look below. grammar nazis both of you though lol

ex·cept
ikˈsept/Submit
preposition
not including; other than.
"naked except for my socks"
synonyms: excluding, not including, excepting, omitting, not counting, but, besides, apart from, aside from, barring, bar, other than, saving; More
antonyms: including
conjunction

ac·cept
akˈsept/Submit
verb
consent to receive (a thing offered).
"he accepted a pen as a present"
synonyms: receive, take, get, gain, obtain, acquire More

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
While i agree in principle with what some of you are saying, i think the point being missed about the money being "legal tender" is that the cash itself is guaranteed and backed/sponsored/legal etc., not that it has to be accepted versus say a handwritten unsigned IOU note. In legal jargon it is a recognized legal "negotiable instrument".

The laws about accepting payment that i've ever come in contact with, refer to, for example a condition in which there is a penalty for not receiving a payment. For example I lend you $500, if you don't pay me by the 15th you will incur a penalty of $50, thereby owing me $550. However it is ILLEGAL to refuse my $500 payment and thus forcing me by contract to incur the $50 penalty.

So i do agree there is a grey area here, its just not in the words printed on the money
edit on 26-9-2014 by Nanu13 because: grammar smh

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   

I despise AT&T!!! I had them for internet and long story short they were charging me double on two separate accounts for over a year! Did I ever get that money back? No!

We have them now for internet because they do have the best internet compared to our other option but it's in my husbands name so I don't have to deal with them!

I always thought that a company had to take cash because it's a valid form of payment. I learned years ago that even with credit cards if you pay $1 they can't charge you a fee because you are attempting to make a payment on the debt even if it's not what they require. I also learned that cash, debit, check and money orders were all valid forms. I think it's insane they won't take cash!! You're making a payment! I would get a money order and deduct the cost in the payment lol. I haven't had this problem yet but most things I do come out of my account. I didn't have a bank account for years until 2012 and I curse it daily!! I dealt with prepaid cards and cash.

When we moved into our current apartment the day of installation the tech called and was at my PREVIOUS address!! I was like are you kidding me?!!! We cancelled service there a week before we moved and we moved over an hour away! I was so mad they actually sent a tech out on a Sunday! The ATT was very cool and he worked for ATT unlike the customer service reps who are in another damn country. He said he gets complaints alllll the time like mine and it frustrates them because the customer service reps make so many errors that if we had reps here in the states or even Canada there would be no issues like back when I use to work for the cable company. The language barrier causes a lot of issues!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join