It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kirkwood Outcrop on Mars Remains A Mystery: Is This A Glimpse At Past Martian Life?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: jeep3r

There are piles of fish vertebrae I think are even more similar but picture did not work out, a lot would depend on the matrix and the weathering but these certainly look like fossils.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
The geological term for something like that is "conglomerate. You get rocks, pebbles, and stones mixed in with sediment like clay, and it all hardens over time. Then you get something like this:

www.dreamstime.com...
There are also lichens:
www.sharnoffphotos.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I could come with a different point of view on this. We are trying to explain things in term of earth known things into martian things. But there could be a possibility this is the remain of some kind of fusion melted core? It look very metallic instead of organic fossil.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I have speculated in the past that Mars just might be the original Garden of Eden. In that scenario Mankind would have destroyed the environment through technology or in other words "Eaten from the fruits of the trees of knowledge and good and evil. Thus getting us banished from the garden and sent to earth. Mind you; I have no real proof that this is anything more than wild speculation on my part, but I do find it interesting to think about.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
This have come to my mind also. That we were on mars before arriving to earth.
a reply to: happykat39

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   
The picture of the marks on the small rock remind me of this other Mars anomaly:

they look like tiny fossils.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy
Maybe it's another Crinoid as Ex-NASA man, Richard Hoover has talked about elsewhere on Mars.

Thanks, Smurfy! I'm going to watch the whole clip later on but I can well remember the stir that this topic created some time ago!

As many have mentioned before: we have a lot of indications, not only for a past aquaous & habitable environment on Mars, but also for past life on the red planet (IMO).

edit on 22-9-2014 by jeep3r because: text

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: RayVon
I have just been checking some of you're preserve threads and I have to say jeep3r I like you're stuff,
Very interesting and right up my street.

That really makes me feel kind of 'honored', thanks! Just like so many others on here, I'm always trying to get to the bottom of something while connecting the dots!

... something that I feel is more or less obvious, but not being publicly disclosed or discussed in the way it probably should be. I'm glad you (and others) enjoy these kinds of posts!

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
The picture of the marks on the small rock remind me of this other Mars anomaly:

they look like tiny fossils.

Yes, that was one of the more interesting shapes visible on the ChemCam. There were others, too, but here one can also make out some of the finer details (at least there appears to be something there, eg. lines that radiate outwards from the center).

I increasingly get the feeling that there's not just proof for a past habitable environment on Mars, but that NASA and others have very strong indications for past (possibly complex) life on our neighbor planet ...

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Great job, my friend. S&F.

This appear a relevant biological print of some kind of marine life form.

Another hard shot at the "official lies" about Mars and its past (and present?).

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Maybe it's another Crinoid as Ex-NASA man, Richard Hoover has talked about elsewhere on Mars.

That was a very interesting video. Thanks for posting.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 04:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: jeep3r

originally posted by: RayVon
I have just been checking some of you're preserve threads and I have to say jeep3r I like you're stuff,
Very interesting and right up my street.

That really makes me feel kind of 'honored', thanks! Just like so many others on here, I'm always trying to get to the bottom of something while connecting the dots!

... something that I feel is more or less obvious, but not being publicly disclosed or discussed in the way it probably should be. I'm glad you (and others) enjoy these kinds of posts!

This is the sort of thing I signed up for. I will be keeping a eye out for you're T/P.
Cheers Jeep3r

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: jeep3r

Thanks, Smurfy! I'm going to watch the whole clip later on but I can well remember the stir that this topic created some time ago!

As many have mentioned before: we have a lot of indications, not only for a past aquaous & habitable environment on Mars, but also for past life on the red planet (IMO).

Thing is, since NASA did a number on that rock, all that's left is the picture, unless there are more samples in that rock, which is very likely. So it will be interesting to see if, and when Opportunity returns to Kirkwood what happens.
Another thing, Hoover is adamant about the Crinoid and as he says, a Crinoid is a higher form of life AKA..an animal.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   

looks like algae pods to me

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arken

Another hard shot at the "official lies" about Mars and its past (and present?).

I do hope so ... every piece of evidence is helpful when it comes to solving the equation. The more we find, the harder it gets to ignore it.

So I guess we need to continue locating those little 'bits & pieces' that make a difference. They are there, we just have to look thoroughly enough. By the way: thanks a lot for chiming in, Arken, that's much appreciated!

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   

I just watched the entire clip and I must say it's absolutely spot-on! Hoover seems to know what he's talking about and he may actually be among the best academic proponents for past and present extraterrestial life. Here go a few things that I found thought-provoking while watching:

I think he very well explains why Mars meteorites (studied and found on Earth) could not have been contaminated by terrestial organisms. Also, his experience with fossils on Earth sounds very convincing and impressive. But most importantly: he's a recognized capacity, yet no one wants to publicly debate his claims although he'd be willing to challenge his colleagues on an academic level. And finally: it seems that, up to this day, none of his peers was able to conclusively prove him wrong.

I will certainly spend some time on his papers and ideas, I'm sure it's worth a read! Thanks again for posting the vid ...

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
So here's a close-up of the feature I'm talking about:
Source Image

I can't help remembering a fossil tooth I saw somewhere that had a very similar pattern on it as your enlargement, can't find the exact one but I find it interesting looking at each individual in the photo.

It seems large matrix full of teeth can be found, but I have no idea of the size we are looking at.

oceansofkansas.com...

There certainly are an amazing variety of teeth very fun to look at

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell
The geological term for something like that is "conglomerate. You get rocks, pebbles, and stones mixed in with sediment like clay, and it all hardens over time. Then you get something like this:

www.dreamstime.com...
There are also lichens:
www.sharnoffphotos.com...

Something like, but not what is classically termed "Conglomerate". This is a specific aggregate mixed in with a sand, clay or calcium-carbonate matrix. They seem to be crystals of feldspar or olivine that have "grown" in the base matrix. I do not think that this is life at all, but the result of complex geological chemistry that will be both similar to what we see on Earth, and also very different. The most import aspect here is, why was it not adequately sampled?

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

It seems large matrix full of teeth can be found, but I have no idea of the size we are looking at.
Uh sorry that last picture is not teeth :-)

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

This is a specific aggregate mixed in with a sand, clay or calcium-carbonate matrix.

Interesting could you link me where this is from?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join