It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moscow marchers condemn Kremlin role in Ukraine war

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Moscow marchers condemn Kremlin role in Ukraine war

Moscow (AFP) - Thousands of Russians on Sunday marched through Moscow to protest against the Kremlin's involvement in the Ukraine crisis, in the country's first major anti-war rally since fighting erupted in April.

A huge column of protesters, including prominent opposition activists, moved through the heart of the capital to condemn Moscow's role in a conflict that has claimed nearly 3,000 lives and pitted Russians against Ukrainians.

Many carried blue and yellow Ukrainian flags and placards emblazoned with slogans such as "No to war" and "Putin, stop lying", chanting: "Ukraine, we are with you."

"I believe that the war has been provoked by Putin," said wheelchair-bound protester Vladimir Ka#syn, aged 44. "I want Putin to stop meddling in Ukraine's internal affairs."

"This war is a madness and crime against Ukraine, residents of Donbass and Russians," added 34-year-old Igor Yasin.

The rally, dubbed "The Peace March", comes amid a Russian media blackout on the presence of Russian troops in Ukraine.

Kiev and the West say the Kremlin has sent in regular troops to prop up separatists fighting against Kiev. Moscow has denied the claim.

Some chanted slogans of Ukraine's popular uprising, which ousted pro-Kremlin president Viktor Yanukovych in February, such as "Out with the gang" and "Glory to Ukraine".

One of the organisers, Sergei Davidis, put the turnout at "tens of thousands". Police, which tend to downplay the popularity of opposition rallies, said nearly 5,000 had turned up.

Click link for remainder of article...

Hopefully this will continue. Currently Russia is trying to restrict the internet, claiming the west is using it against Russia.

The truth is becoming endangered in Russia.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Hopefully this will continue. Currently Russia is trying to restrict the internet, claiming the west is using it against Russia.

They are actually trying to kill it all together...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This could get interesting very quickly in Russia...

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Based on the angry reaction over Russian laws requiring people to submit identification to use free wifi, I think Putin may have severely underestimated the Russian people.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   

I wouldnt call this conflict a 'war'....

it is more of a confrontation/skirmish

ATS members need to get their terminology correct lately
edit on 2014-09-21T10:57:48-05:00201409bam3009am4830 by combatmaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Kudos to these people, if only the west had media that allows people to know their country's part in the Ukraine mess, they'd be demonstrating too

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Provided Moscow NGO Organizations. Oh i am very sure there were Thousands and Thousands and Thousands and Thousands of protesters. And of course the usual in English signs.

Many carried blue and yellow Ukrainian flags and placards emblazoned with slogans such as "No to war" and "Putin, stop lying", chanting: "Ukraine, we are with you."

Did McCain wrote those lines for them? As usual the lie about the protest numbers.

Organisers had said some 50,000 were expected to attend Sunday's protest, which was approved by Moscow authorities.

The Flags carried by the protesters belong to the liberal/Communist parties.
edit on 21-9-2014 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agent_USA_Supporter

Provided Moscow NGO Organizations. Oh i am very sure there were Thousands and Thousands and Thousands and Thousands of protesters. And of course the usual in English signs.

Did McCain wrote those lines for them? As usual the lie about the protest numbers.

Organisers had said some 50,000 were expected to attend Sunday's protest, which was approved by Moscow authorities.

You just make things up with no proof dont you? I suggest before commenting maybe you should take the time to look into it. See the signs were in Russian and yes the pictures indeed show a huge march. But i know if it wasnt on Putin controlled tv it didnt happen right. Your hitting the point where its getting harder to defend Putin isnt it? Dont worry i have faith even you eventually will have to admit Putin is starting a conflict as we can see even Russians are despite the fact Putin has been hiding it from the media.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I was right the anti-Russian crowd have no sticks left to hit with anymore. All you guys do is grasp for straws.

Not much coming anymore as to it`s all Putin`s fault and he`s just like Hitler/Stalin/Mussolini.

So Russia is looking for a "kill switch" to use only in need and there was a small demonstration approved by the Kremlin. That means another stick just went "poof" about Russians not able to protest.

And "Mikhail Khodorkovsky" showed his true colors by saying he`s ready to become Russian president. Another oligarch who`s ready to take over a country, that`s something which we haven`t seen before...uhm ?

Just as in the Ukraine the West has elements in Russia to do a Ukrainian style take over, hence the Kremlin wants the "kill switch option" and comes down on the media...thanks to the West actually because of its tactics.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien
I was right the anti-Russian crowd have no sticks left to hit with anymore. All you guys do is grasp for straws.

Not much coming anymore as to it`s all Putin`s fault and he`s just like Hitler/Stalin/Mussolini.

So Russia is looking for a "kill switch" to use only in need and there was a small demonstration approved by the Kremlin. That means another stick just went "poof" about Russians not able to protest.

And "Mikhail Khodorkovsky" showed his true colors by saying he`s ready to become Russian president. Another oligarch who`s ready to take over a country, that`s something which we haven`t seen before...uhm ?

Just as in the Ukraine the West has elements in Russia to do a Ukrainian style take over, hence the Kremlin wants the "kill switch option" and comes down on the media...thanks to the West actually because of its tactics.

Ok let me guess the protesters are NAZIs supported by the west. You know that part i said about even you realizing whats going on. Well i take that back you are to far gone your denying reality at this point. And just for clarification the Russian oligarch your talking about is Purin right?? Hard to tell since he has more money than anyone else in the country. Mostly through his friends you know the rich oligarchs he uses to run the country. It must be hard for you having to jump back and forth trying to defend Putin when you have to make excuses for Putins behavior yet at the same time tow his party line. As the old saying goes people in glass houses shouldnt throw stones.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien

Ok let me guess the protesters are NAZIs supported by the west. You know that part i said about even you realizing whats going on. Well i take that back you are to far gone your denying reality at this point. And just for clarification the Russian oligarch your talking about is Purin right?? Hard to tell since he has more money than anyone else in the country. Mostly through his friends you know the rich oligarchs he uses to run the country. It must be hard for you having to jump back and forth trying to defend Putin when you have to make excuses for Putins behavior yet at the same time tow his party line. As the old saying goes people in glass houses shouldnt throw stones.

Ok let me guess the protesters are NAZIs supported by the west

They are, if the Russian Fascists weren't supported by the west they wouldn't be where they are now and thats a growing influence which is dangerous.

Mostly through his friends you know the rich oligarchs he uses to run the country

So Obama, McCain and other arent oligarchs and knowing they get billions and millions from the defense contractors in order so they lie in your face to start a war in a region.

So the Guy Petro Poroshenko in Ukraine isn't an oligarch is he now?

Hard to tell since he has more money than anyone else in the country. Mostly through his friends you know the rich oligarchs he uses to run the country. It must be hard for you having to jump back and forth trying to defend Putin when you have to make excuses for Putins behavior

Some of the western analysts and posters seem to be desperate trying to attack Putin, knowing that Putin tried saving America from an embarrassing intervention into Syria. Knowing that your country is now arming the terrorists in Syria now well its rather comical.
edit on 21-9-2014 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

You just make things up with no proof dont you? I suggest before commenting maybe you should take the time to look into it. See the signs were in Russian and yes the pictures indeed show a huge march. But i know if it wasnt on Putin controlled tv it didnt happen right. Your hitting the point where its getting harder to defend Putin isnt it? Dont worry i have faith even you eventually will have to admit Putin is starting a conflict as we can see even Russians are despite the fact Putin has been hiding it from the media.

You just make things up with no proof dont you?

I already posted of my evidence about these protesters that you so strongly defend for some reason whom were protest Putin almost as if on command.

yes the pictures indeed show a huge march
Not 50,000. Nor tens of tens as your news outlets suggests.

But i know if it wasnt on Putin controlled tv it didnt happen right.

IF PUTIN was an Dictator or like the Kim Guy in North Korea these protests wouldn't be happening. Freedom of Speech exists in Russia.

Your hitting the point where its getting harder to defend Putin isnt it? Dont worry i have faith even you eventually will have to admit Putin is starting a conflict as we can see even Russians are despite the fact Putin has been hiding it from the media.

You seem to be getting desperate like that senator in AZ McCain, for some reason i have a feeling that you support McCain.

Dont worry i have faith even you eventually will have to admit Putin is starting a conflict

Oh really is that a fact you think you know me well eh? of course NATO sending military ships to the black seas without an approval doesn't mean anything to ya apparently.

as we can see even Russians are despite the fact Putin has been hiding it from the media.

What Russians? you mean those fascists ones and the Liberals, communists? such a nice a bag of tea dont you think?

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

I already posted of my evidence about these protesters that you so strongly defend for some reason whom were protest Putin almost as if on command.

IF PUTIN was an Dictator or like the Kim Guy in North Korea these protests wouldn't be happening. Freedom of Speech exists in Russia.

Your hitting the point where its getting harder to defend Putin isnt it? Dont worry i have faith even you eventually will have to admit Putin is starting a conflict as we can see even Russians are despite the fact Putin has been hiding it from the media.

You seem to be getting desperate like that senator in AZ McCain, for some reason i have a feeling that you support McCain.

Dont worry i have faith even you eventually will have to admit Putin is starting a conflict

Oh really is that a fact you think you know me well eh? of course NATO sending military ships to the black seas without an approval doesn't mean anything to ya apparently.

as we can see even Russians are despite the fact Putin has been hiding it from the media.

What Russians? you mean those fascists ones and the Liberals, communists? such a nice a bag of tea dont you think?

Ive noticed you seem to think changing the subject by saying things like look at Mccain is effective. Hate to tell you Amaricans as a general rule dont like Mccain and know hes a relic from the past. But do to the fact i guess you dont understand American politics you see the stupid things he says and think thats the opinion of Americans. Ill save you time hes a doddering old fool and most people realize it but it does make it easy for Russian media to attack him because he says the stupidest things.

So yes i agree hes a fool but please explain what that has to do with Putin or his actions? Oh wait it doesnt its a misguided attempt to change the subject. I guess this sort of distraction works on you but for most people the look over there thing stops working after the age of 5.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Ive noticed you seem to think changing the subject by saying things like look at Mccain is effective. Hate to tell you Amaricans as a general rule dont like Mccain and know hes a relic from the past. But do to the fact i guess you dont understand American politics you see the stupid things he says and think thats the opinion of Americans. Ill save you time hes a doddering old fool and most people realize it but it does make it easy for Russian media to attack him because he says the stupidest things.

So yes i agree hes a fool but please explain what that has to do with Putin or his actions? Oh wait it doesnt its a misguided attempt to change the subject. I guess this sort of distraction works on you but for most people the look over there thing stops working after the age of 5.

The usual deflection as i have seen before.
It seems to me taking out leaders that arent favorable in America's conquest seems the main objective in your view.

but it does make it easy for Russian media to attack him because he says the stupidest things.

Obama,McCain,Bushes,Clintions could go on the list as for it makes an easy target for the media as the American leaders always say the stupidest things.

So yes i agree hes a fool but please explain what that has to do with Putin or his actions?

The fact that you somehow have an agenda agaisnt Russia.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Yup, grasping for straws, immediately throwing Nazism in the equation and the so called Putin is rich factor.

Not much left anymore when the following has been debunked :

- Russia was behind the Ukrainian problems

- Russia`s massive involvement in the Ukraine

- Russia being a threat to Eastern Europe

- Russia interested in taking over the Ukraine

- Russia being isolated and seen as a rogue nation (only in the West to some degree)

- Big opposition in Russia against Russia`s policies

- People in Russia not being able to protest

- Putin acting like Hitler,Stalin and Mussolini (he would have taken in NovoRossiya and started doing ethnic cleansing to be like that)

- China not being in good terms with Russia

So only thing now left is to do propaganda and twisting facts :

- Repeating how bad Putin is

- Repeating it`s all Putin`s fault and ignoring how the West was involved

- Distorting about how much the population dislikes Putin

- Trying to say how bad the people in Russia are having it now

- Distorting how much the sanctions are hurting Russia

- Trying to make it look like Russia is isolated and that`s all Putin his fault

- Keep repeating Putin is just like Hitler, Stalin and Mussolini, if you keep saying it often enough some people are actual starting to believe it (a typical propaganda tactic, use it as often as you can, so people are going to start to think it`s true in the end because of repetition)

Of course there will be those who simply keep ignoring the facts and are really gullible, but I have faith in most of you for having working brains.
edit on 21-9-2014 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Putin's well crafted and protected image is being shattered before our eyes. What what? Reality doesn't match RT???? Hahahahaha

The commie shills are calling them Pigs, deflating the turnout numbers, using catch phrases like "mixed bag" in failed attempts to sweep this under the rug as if nothing is going on.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Agent_USA_Supporter

The usual deflection as i have seen before.

And frequently use I might add.

Obama,McCain,Bushes,Clintions could go on the list as for it makes an easy target for the media as the American leaders always say the stupidest things.

Unlike all the smart things that come from Russian politicians.

The fact that you somehow have an agenda agaisnt Russia.

Well that must make for a strange family reunion, as he has said more than once he has family in Russia. But you already knew that, right?

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

Not much left anymore when the following has been debunked :

- Russia was behind the Ukrainian problems

- Russia`s massive involvement in the Ukraine

- Russia being a threat to Eastern Europe

- Russia interested in taking over the Ukraine

- Russia being isolated and seen as a rogue nation (only in the West to some degree)

- Big opposition in Russia against Russia`s policies

- People in Russia not being able to protest

- Putin acting like Hitler,Stalin and Mussolini (he would have taken in NovoRossiya and started doing ethnic cleansing to be like that)

- China not being in good terms with Russia

By who the Russian media machine?

So only thing now left is to do propaganda and twisting facts :

- Repeating how bad Putin is

- Repeating it`s all Putin`s fault and ignoring how the West was involved

- Distorting about how much the population dislikes Putin

- Trying to say how bad the people in Russia are having it now

- Distorting how much the sanctions are hurting Russia

- Trying to make it look like Russia is isolated and that`s all Putin his fault

The truth is a tough pill to swallow is it not, and do we need to go back into what type of twisting of facts that your beloved Russian media has done here the last year or so and even more with Ukraine.

- Keep repeating Putin is just like Hitler, Stalin and Mussolini, if you keep saying it often enough some people are actual starting to believe it (a typical propaganda tactic, use it as often as you can, so people are going to start to think it`s true in the end because of repetition)

No need to as the leaders of other countries believe it themselves...

The President of Lithuania has joined a long line of politicians to compare Vladimir Putin’s tactics to those used by Hitler. Dalia Grybauskaite told Focus, a German news magazine, that the Russian government was trying to use cheaper oil and gas as leverage to persuade Baltic states to leave Nato.

She said: “[Putin] uses nationality as a pretext to conquer territory with military means. That's exactly what Stalin and Hitler did. Such comparisons are spot on."

www.independent.co.uk...< br />
www.worldpolicy.org...

Of course there will be those who simply keep ignoring the facts and are really gullible, but I have faith in most of you for having working brains.

Yes you shouldn't be so hard on yourself...your only human, or are you?

edit on 21-9-2014 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

wow look at that, another on the cue anti Russia thread by Xcathdra

and as usual information with a "twist"

the fact is the rally is very much for UNITY and peace between Ukraine and Russia But not one sided Ukrainian view as western propaganda likes to report.

The fact are, as long as a person get their news only from western sources, the news comes with a lie twisted in.

Also notice how rallies are allowed in Russia, USA Ferguson anyone ?

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
From My Sources.

Yelling At the Fascist protesters whom are protesting agaisnt Putin.

NovoRussia protesters with the police as in the Police are with them.

BBC used an misleading image.

The Rally itself wasn't Huge some of you had claimed. These are the same anti-Putin protesters from 2008 or so and 2012. Want proof?
The number of the protest lie. From the theguardian.
Source

Up to 120,000 Russian anti-government protesters demand political reform as Putin supporters stage counter-rally

Each of these protests weren't as the Westren Media claimed. There weren't 120,000 Russian anti-government protesters.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

You can foam at the moth all you want.

You could win lottery and buy ATS website and make it ALL anti putin anti Russia.

Facts are, Russia is not stupid anymore, west has financed Kiev Junta revolution.

Russia will protect its interests, its borders from NATO.

USA is simply not fooling anyone anymore.
This is not 1970s and 1980s anymore.

For God's sake if I can see through US foreign policy, what do you think the Ruskies are seeing.

Regardless of western propaganda, Russia is not in this game to lose in the long run. They already lost in the past, and sobered up. Time will show that this time the arrogant US will have the loss and collapse.

You just wait and see. US is almost done, from inside.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join