It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help needed

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: SgtHamsandwich

This is probably the real reason I am having this problem. I had the resolution turned down on the other one to make texts easier to read. I will have to figure a way to adjust this. I knew this well on the other computers. Now if I can find My Computer on this I may be able to adjust that.

I found it, the technique is different, I changed it to 125 percent on the larger monitor without changing the resolution. If this doesn't work I will have to play around with it. Screwing up a computer is a learning experience I have done for years. I experimented and have had to reload windows at least twenty times because of the things I changed that I had forgot to write down so I could fix them. Relying on memory when altering system configuration sucks. I got real good at it with Windows 2000 and XP, being able to shut down anyone from hacking my computer. I need to do this to this one. I have a firewall in my router but some things get access to that and shut it down. I think that thing is my daughter trying to interact with school and business computers, opening up access. It also opens access to hackware. I like to block it at computers but many programs interact with this and I had to open it up to update some stuff.

edit on 21-9-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

The days of my computer are gone.

Here are a couple of ways to get to your control panel and change your pc settings:

Source

Hope that helps

Edit: Awesome, you were editing as I was typing.

I love my windows 8. All the core components and features of XP and 7 are still there plus loads of new stuff. Its just all moved around now and some things are a bit redundant to make using it on a tablet more user friendly. This can cause confusion at times.
edit on 9 21 2014 by SgtHamsandwich because: (no reason given)

edit on 9 21 2014 by SgtHamsandwich because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join