It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

20 Percent Chance Ebola Will Spread to US Within 2 Weeks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
www.newsmaxhealth.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">http:// www.newsmaxhealth.com...

Text As many as 6,000 passengers travel from Nigeria to the U.S. each week, according to the study.

IMHO every one that has traveled to a hot zone or anywhere near should be checked upon entrance to the US.
edit on 21-9-2014 by ATF1886 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: ATF1886

A little info and OP perspective about your story would be nice in your post...

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
well it was a news article from at least 11 days ago, so not much time left for it to be correct or incorrect.
edit on 21-9-2014 by clenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
From the article:

Ira Longini, a professor of biostatistics at the University of Florida, was part of a team of researchers that used a mathematical model to generate projections of the epidemic spread of Ebola worldwide. The scientists took into consideration daily airline passenger travel worldwide, information about the disease’s spread rate, and other factors.

“As the Ebola outbreak in West Africa continues to spread, isolated cases will likely make their way to the United States,” Longini told Newsmax Health. “Our latest estimates show there is a nearly 20 percent chance that this will occur within two weeks.”

Longini goes on to state that it's "almost inevitable" it will hit the US in the long run.

I also predict that it's almost inevitable it will reach the US. Then again, I didn't generate a mathematical model so what do I know.

Also, here's a cleaner link to the article.
Link

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Which means

80% CHANCE EBOLA "WON'T" SPREAD TO THE US IN TWO WEEKS.
edit on PMu30u0993805302014-09-21T13:05:37-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ATF1886Hey. I can't create my own thread yet. So I'm posting here.
I think ebola might have spread to Canada.

www.ctvnews.ca...

It's a small isolated native reserve.

The kids there are all getting these really ebola looking rashes.

Also, there was a diamond mine near it with a company that does a lot of work in Africa so maybe one of their employees brought it over?

Anyway, I think it's worth looking into.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Is it that time again?

OK.

((((Panic))))

Twenty percent chance, eh? Forgive me if I'm not going to worry overmuch about it.

top topics

join