It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC warns 500,000 will be infected with Ebola by January

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
It would be better to evacuate the people from the areas not already infected, so that there is a "fire gap" between infected populations and uninfected ones.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

…Yeah, I know I get boring but it's true.

Not boring to me. Thats why I are here. I know that if some real s*** hits the fan, ATS will be one of the first places to report it.

Personally I am amazed we haven't done ourselves in already. Whats taking so long? Who's protecting the garden from its destruction?

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I agree totally as a last ditch effort!!a reply to: stormcell

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

If you look up just CDC warns you will see a constant dialogue not much different than one another throughout the years. I would wait and not be afraid as directed as it gets tiring.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

here are still over 400 deaths a day from measles around the planet, Frieden said, with plenty of infections in the U.S. from a malady he called “perhaps the most infectious of all the infectious diseases.”

www.thedailybeast.com...

edit on 21-9-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
This is a very bad developement. Some people who are healthy will not be effected as bad but can still haul the virus around on them to infect others. It is when something weakens our bodies response that this virus goes wild. This virus does have some systems of shutting down our systems so it can still effect a lot of people. Eat well and don't eat too many things that overstimulate your immune system when there is little threat. A fully prepared immune system can cause a cytokine storm. This storm is just as dangerous as the disease sometimes.
edit on 21-9-2014 by rickymouse because: Y

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I think what frightens me, is the quiet time/incubation period.

If it can be contracted and carried for a few weeks before signs even show, then this is where the repercussions are serious - as everyone is saying.

If a terrorist group, whether it be home grown or over seas really wanted to do some damage - all they need is one person to come in contact with an infected individual then spend the next fortnight on as much public transport/places as they can - that would do more damage than any suicide bombing. Frightening.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
What would be the best diet? a reply to: rickymouse

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: vaibow123

yeah espesially if he or she was really good looking,,and they had sex.

If the two children of two Infected,,had children???? What i am trying too say is ,,if no contact was made in a area, would evelution create or allow for,,ie Genetically,,,,a survivor??

edit on 9/21/2014 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: BobAthome

what im trying too say is,,would you put your faith in,,"Charles Darwin was the first to formulate a scientific argument for the theory of evolution by means of natural selection. "

by means of natural selection

1. they were hungry,,they ate,,an infected virus.
2. resulting in surval or Death.
3. survival rate,,unknown
4. infection rate,,climbing,,

5. Possible outcomes.?

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Well that's gonna really suck if its true and is the actual case that comes to pass.

edit on 3pmSundaypm212014f0pmSun, 21 Sep 2014 15:23:37 -0500 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

gonna really suck im sorry sucking and blowing, no longer aloud,, especially big chunks,,definetly.

sorry thats in-definately.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: vaibow123

I'm not good enough at this yet to say. It is dependent on your genetics. I recently did the ancestry.com genetic test and the livewello app. It allows me to check some things but also necessitates a lot of research to understand the inherited genetic mutations I have.

I did this to find out which of a couple of genetic problems I have. I was wondering if I have Wilson's disease or a very similar AIP porphyria. I have two mutations from both parents in the AIP and one mutation from both parents along with seven mutations from a single parent in Wilsons. I also have lots of single parent mutations from one parent in the ERYTHROPOIETIC PROTOPORPHYRIA genetic mutation but do not seem to have any symptoms of that but my first daughter can't go into the sun. It makes her sick. This means it is being expressed in her and more active. These are all dominant genes. My Mthfr genes are half red or double parented, but some of these reds are good for me but not for others who do not have my genetics. They are corrections for some of my problems.

So since these diseases mean I can't eat certain foods unless I consume an antidote food occasionally, I can't test on myself as to the healthy foods for others. Everyone has to eat different foods to remain normal both mentally and physically. I can't eat a lot of sulfur unless I increase my bodies ability to detox this. If I didn't have to eat sulfur foods to help control my temporal lobe epilepsy it would be better.

My research over the years to discover possible ways to control my epilepsy is what is showing me of the way that society is doping the public. Those who do not have problems with certain foods tell others to eat them and evidence backs this. Because this is passed back and forth and everyone has one sort of dope that effects them and dulls their intellect, most people can't think to their full capacity. Many people also get sick and weakened and then the viruses can take hold.

One mans medicine is another man's poison. What strengthens one person weakens another. Trust your cravings and ask your older relatives what they eat if they aren't experiencing any problems but remember, these mutations do not always get activated and we do get them from both parents. Also blood type is involved but I have more to learn about that before I can comment on it. That has to deal with agglutination which means companion foods can cancel out bad effects.

Sorry to get so off topic. I figured I had these diseases but now I have evidence to prove it. They will not accept my evidence so I am going right to the porphyria association to get more precise information. At two grand a test, I needed evidence to justify the expenditure of this money, insurance will not pay for these unless the doctor orders it. I need four tests.

Like I said the modifications of my ancestors can fix a lot of these problems but if I take most long term drugs I have problems. More than just the porphyria.

In these inconveniences I do have one good thing.......an enzyme that breaks down caffeine is very low so coffee can keep me going for hours. The drawback is that if I drink too much I get jittery. I know what will help to neutralize that though.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: vaibow123

no dead cattle,,found in the wild.

for instance:
Biological Hazard in Kenya on Tuesday, 02 September, 2014

"Bomet residents have been warned against consuming dead animals' meat, following an outbreak of anthrax disease."

First i have seen of this,,,

are they starving??

Im assuming that would be roadkill?

"consuming dead animals' meat"

meat from dead cattle,,ok not antelope,,
nothing to see hear,,
Ebola related.

there just hungry.

but,,,,

15 animals that have died tasted positive.

yeah no dead Anthrax infected cattle.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Don't listen that you need more doctors in one area, its a freaking trap. All the Doctors are just going to be murdered by the one mad person.

#1 Here is how to get rid of Ebola, shut border.
#2 Find the Source (which no one does anymore)
#3 Cremate/Disinfect starting from the Source.
#4 Recycle Water to be clean again.
edit on 21-9-2014 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

This , "CDC warns 500,000 will be infected with Ebola by January as effort to contain the virus fail"

is not the same as this

"By January, the number infected could soar to 500,000, the Centre for Disease Control warns."

The first is a definite while the second is a possibility .

The point is that if nothing changes 500,000 definitely WILL be infected with Ebola by January.

...Problem is, a lot of promises have been made for support, but nothing much has materialized.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: antar

Unfortunately, I don't think there's much choice. If they don't use existing facilities like stadiums and such, people will continue dying in the street. Theoretically, if everyone comes through on their promises, it might be possible to feed the patients and keep them hydrated, if not treat them. But there's just not enough time to build more treatment centers or hospitals - trying to build will take time, resources and money away from focusing on the patients.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

We should be afraid. We are contaminating our planet with nearly 100,000 synthetic chemicals that can combine into an infinite number of new never-seen-before chemical compounds. We're messing with the nano-structures of our world along with molecules. Of course microbes, viruses and fungi are mutating - they need to adapt and evolve to survive in the new environment we have created. and fyi - so do we - this is NOT the Earth we evolved to live and thrive on. ...A big part of the evolutionary process is disease. Sucks, but true.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I agree - but I think we need to look at best strategy, simply because we can't make a final judgment at this point, and we cannot count on our technology to "fix" the problem - certainly not fast enough. There IS a very strong possibility that the virus will continue mutating and outstrip efforts to treat it or vaccinate against it - so let's get on board with MSF's recommendations. They've been doing this the longest and know what they're talking about. The main goal now is to stop the epidemic before it escalates further, and prevent the virus from infecting 100's of thousands of people.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Now might be a good time to watch BBC Survivors and Twelve Monkeys. They both dealt with the threat of a plague/disease that would wipe out mankind. Survivors is excellent. It shows what happens when most of the world's population is dead and global population is only a few million or so. No government, nothing.

I always thought it would be a reoccurrence of the 1918 flu that would be the end of us. Now it seems Ebola could well become the most serious threat to date. Heck if it came to it I would stock up on food and water etc and isolate myself if it became an epidemic here. I would either go and hide in the Scottish Highlands and islands or the most rural part of Wales. I do have a bolt away in a very remote place that I can get to for when things get out of control.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell
It would be better to evacuate the people from the areas not already infected, so that there is a "fire gap" between infected populations and uninfected ones.

Talk about a logistical nightmare. Where might they be taken? ...And how can you build a "fire gap" when bats and other animals throughout Africa, Southern Asia and Northern Australia can carry Ebola?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join