It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC warns 500,000 will be infected with Ebola by January

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA
Really, that is some good MSM style reporting...

"By January, the number infected could soar to 500,000, "

The title of this post is

"CDC warns 500,000 will be infected with Ebola by January"

Since when did could become a definite ?
Their is enough to worry about with things like Ebola, promoting fear doesnt help.

So then we should all be fine because "YOU" said so regardless of the number prediction sir its still a deadly virus that is out of control in a 3rd world country with out the measures that we take for granted in our life bubble...

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

The unfortunate fact is that we've altered our planet's environment right down to the nano-level, never mind molecular. If it's not Ebola, it WILL be something else. Time to pay attention, and maybe stop mucking with things that accelerate disease evolution. ...Yeah, I know I get boring but it's true.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: ATF1886
So then an ice cold heineken will work just as well theres gotta be sumtin out there??? a reply to: crazyewok

Zmapp seems to work. Apart from that if you catch only treatment is rehydration therapy and even then its 50/50 odds.

Unless they can get mass production of Zmapp going if you get it only thing you can do is pray your in the 50% that survives.

Vit C and Silver tablets are just BS nonsense from people who know nothing about basic medicine.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
It drives me crazy to see healthcare workers go in in the flimsy little paper masks and gowns. That alone is just too much.

As for setting up stadiums and such for the sick, who is going to go drop off their elderly, loved ones and children to such places? They will be death camps.

I am so sorry that this is the possible disease which will mutate to the point it takes out the majority of all lifeforms. In the last great extinctions, we have seen other means and I thought it would be by Oceanic contamination but now I see clearly it will be viral.

Factory workers and technicians are already spreading it on surfaces being sent out in cargo containers marked for places like the US, UK and all other points on the globe.

South Africa
Social, Environmental & Corporate Responsibility

In 2011, Walmart acquired a majority stake in Massmart Holdings Limited, the leading African retailer of general merchandise, home improvement equipment and supplies. Founded in 1990, the Group comprises nine wholesale and retail chains, and one buying group, operating in 12 countries in sub-Saharan Africa through the Group’s four operating divisions – Massdiscounters, Masswarehouse, Massbuild and Masscash. Its headquarters are in Johannesburg.

South Africa at a glance
Total Retail Units 350
Botswana 11
Ghana 1
Lesotho 3
Malawi 2
Mozambique 6
Namibia 3
Nigeria 4
Swaziland 1
Tanzania 1
Uganda 1
Zambia 1

corporate.walmart.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

The point is we have to throw everything we have at this to stop it before it hits hundreds of thousands, and mutates beyond recognition. ...The WHO was neutralized years ago, the CDC has no jurisdiction, promises have been made but nothing much is flowing.

....People have tell their governments to act. Right now the vocally ignorant majority is screaming "Don't go there!"

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Zmapp seems to work.

Right. It has a 50% success rate in a disease with 49% fatality.

No.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: soficrow
a reply to: intrptr

The unfortunate fact is that we've altered our planet's environment right down to the nano-level, never mind molecular. If it's not Ebola, it WILL be something else. Time to pay attention, and maybe stop mucking with things that accelerate disease evolution. ...Yeah, I know I get boring but it's true.

Boring...nah please its good to be on top of these things we cant alter whats going to happen but we can prepare and be the hope that people have lost in this world thats only become an experiment for the phycopaths

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: antar

That's South Africa - the Ebola epidemic is still confined to West Africa. ....But you're right, our global economy means we share -and trade- a whole lot more than just money. We exported hundreds of diseases to Africa and killed off millions with measles, swine flu, colds and the like. They had no immunity to those diseases and we have no immunity to Ebola. Is this how Fair Trade works?

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: ATF1886
So then we should all be fine because "YOU" said so regardless of the number prediction sir its still a deadly virus that is out of control in a 3rd world country with out the measures that we take for granted in our life bubble...

Except when did I say that, oh wait, I didn't.

The OP could have just as easily reported facts , which they did a great job of doing throughout the post, without making up a title. If the MSM did something like that then people would be crying about how poor their reporting is.
edit on 21-9-2014 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

OH God, Fair trade??? Yikes!

Ok, so even though it seems like a long distance, as this disease continues to spread it is not as if people who have become infected remain in one place, they travel, move visit relatives and friends just like any other place. I am thinking if it is that contagious, it is already everywhere. I am more than concerned as it begins to spread out of the region of origin, ground zero.

If you had connections, money and could leave the region you would and with the incubation period travel by bus, plane or train, leaves nothing but infection to be transferred to others. Handling money, touching products that have been contaminated but look clean... At best this is impossible to contain. The virus will run its course and nature will win unless you are part of the global elites.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Zmapp seems to work.

Right. It has a 50% success rate in a disease with 49% fatality.

No.

The problem with the once that died is they gave it to them when they were likely too far gone.

I admit the drug needs more testing but id hardly call it a failure just yet.

And please don't take such a arrogant tone.
edit on 21-9-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

The OP could have just as easily reported facts , which they did a great job of doing throughout the post, without making up a title.

OP here. The title is taken from the source article. It's not "made up." Click on the link. CDC warns 500,000 will be infected with Ebola by January as effort to contain the virus fail.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

More importantly is that the conditions of care facilities make all the difference. When they open up stadiums for the sick, place them in rows on cots... Yeah good luck with that regardless of what stage they are in w/ the disease. They are not going to do much else other than toss them in like marginalized criminals for contracting the disease.

Now being flown into a top notch facility with the best of medical care, IV, you name it, sure those rates might be higher but the attempts that are being made to quarantine are just retarded and inhuman. I am deeply worried about the individuals and their precious lives at risk right now. Its horrible.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Sorry, don't mean to, didn't think I was. Just trying to finish up here quickly and get back to some rather pressing RL demands. ....But I don't think anything in the pike promises all that much, including ZMapp - and the virus is mutating so rapidly now that anything maybe-good will probably be obsolete before it even gets close to going into production. As Laurie Garrett points out:

....We've wasted a lot of time focusing on the possibility of a technological solution. It would be nice if in a year, two years, three years from now, we have a vaccine and we have some kind of viable, curative medicine. But we don't now, and we're not going to stop this technologically. As Americans, we tend to always want to find a quick fix that's technological, and we have a hard time with answers that involve boots on the ground and harsh public health solutions.

....Ebola is mutating and ...even if we find a vaccine, it may have very limited efficacy because of the virus's capacity to constantly change its code.

edit on 21/9/14 by soficrow because: weird

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Take a look around West Africa, get a real visual of what life is, not the poverty stricken areas the MSM wishes for you to see so that you become unsympathetic to their humanity... this is but ONE Example...

agrofood.fairtrade-messe.com...

Products shipped, manufactured:
agrofood.fairtrade-messe.com...
edit on am930amSun, 21 Sep 2014 11:20:57 -0500 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I think the OP s doing a hell of a job , but for you ehhhh just trying to descredit an argument that youve already lost...a reply to: opethPA

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

OP here. The title is taken from the source article. It's not "made up." Click on the link. CDC warns 500,000 will be infected with Ebola by January as effort to contain the virus fail.

That is a fair point so my apologies OP. The original source is the shortcoming then and not the OP who is just reporting a sensationalist heading. Like always the MSM gets it wrong.

This , "CDC warns 500,000 will be infected with Ebola by January as effort to contain the virus fail"

is not the same as this

"By January, the number infected could soar to 500,000, the Centre for Disease Control warns."

The first is a definite while the second is a possibility .
edit on 21-9-2014 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

No worries.

Anyway as for me the jury is still out on the vaccine and Zmapp. More Data is needed for me to make a final judgement.

Fact is we are in new territory with this outbreak and there is no way anyone can make certainties.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: ATF1886

By all means do not worry, but do be informed
People are people, if I was in an infected area ,through hell and high water i would do my best to get my family out
there is simply no way to contain this without on-site education/pre-treatment.
As the infected multiply, One has to accept the eventual spread of this virus into western society.

edit on 21-9-2014 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: all2human
a reply to: ATF1886

By all means do not worry, but do be informed
People are people, if I was in an infected area ,through hell and high water i would do my best to get my family out
there is simply no way to contain this without on-site education/pre-treatment.
As the infected multiply, One has to accept the eventual spread of this virus into western society.

I agree...
As the virus mutates, will the anti virus medications even be effective.

500,000 infected....a very conservative estimate by the CDC doing all they can to avoid panic. To little to late imo.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join