It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop forces K9 into car

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Well running from the cops is never a good idea, but watch what this cop does when the guy finally smashes to a stop and puts his hands up:

I really like the whole "he is lucky we didn't blow his brains out!!" part...

www.alternet.org...

And yet I just saw another ATS STORY where a man got TWENTY-THREE years in jail for shooting a dog that USED to be a police K9..... You know, kinda like they shoot OUR dogs every other days lately???
edit on 21-9-2014 by 8675309jenny because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny

I think because he was running that he's kind of at the mercy of whatever the LEO's want to do to apprehend him, I could be wrong. But that is brutality at it's finest right there, no way around that one. He had his hands up, the dog gets pushed in, then they start to smash his other window? What the eff.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   

well if that were me i would dead...dogs have a weak point grab their front legs and pull them apart,like you are stretching out level with your shoulders...there is no way i would allow that ...and most certainly i would have been shot by the cop for killing his dog even though i was protecting myself...

that was horrible to watch...just goes to show cops do not like their pride being hurt...maybe more steroids and mirror time will fix it

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Greetings from a medically retired cop, now just a Guy with a house full of dogs.. That is WRONG on so many levels it isn't even funny... Just look at the video, there are far too many cops around to use any type of "force".. This is akin to having a house surrounded and then "going in after the perp" Why?

Who wants to bet that the dog has a bigger pecker than the handler? I bet His own vehicle is a BIG RED TRUCK or some kind of truck with a "lift kit" emblazoned with K-9 stickers and then He pulls that?

Crappy police work and even worse K-9 handling!

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   

i normally am one who defends our police force. but in this case, the suspect clearly gave up. there was no need to send in the attack dog.

cuff him, book him, and let a judge and jury try him.

i hope internal affairs and the court system does the right thing here.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: subfab

Nope.

Grand Jury cleared the officer of any wrongdoing (even though the District Attorney himself thought it was excessive force) and indicted Williams of numerous charges including assault with a deadly weapon of a government official for hitting police cars when he ran the checkpoint.

Link

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I'm giving the cop an "A" for creative thinking.

Seriously though, what cop is trained to assist a K9 partner into the cab of a perp's vehicle? I've never even heard of this tactic before ... thank God!! Sheesh

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
And now that it has happened once and got away with you can almost bet that we will see it happen again. Now they will train the dogs to go into a house and attack anyone inside. That officer put his partner in danger when he put him in the suspects car.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

Seriously though, what cop is trained to assist a K9 partner into the cab of a perp's vehicle? I've never even heard of this tactic before ... thank God!! Sheesh

The Nazis were famous for using this tactic with the prisoners.

Peace

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Seems like every retard can get on the force nowadays..

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: jude11

originally posted by: Snarl

The Nazis were famous for using this tactic with the prisoners.

This I could believe, though I question the definition of the term "prisoner" when it is used in the same sentence as Nazi.

I'm pretty sure releasing a dog on somebody is a 'use of deadly force' ... but, I can only find 'opinion' on the Internet.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
That was attempted MURDER !! He knew the guy could have had his throat torn out and that was probably the intention.
The LEO should be in jail. You know what America, i'm laughing at you now, the whole world is laughing at you now. You all knew what was coming and you did NOTHING ! you sat on your sofas watching tv or just complained with your keyboards. A nation too scared of what would happen to them if they tried to stop it.
I've no sympathy for you anymore. What's coming next will make that video look mild by comparison and you all deserve it because you are cowards.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: kicked

I think because he was running that he's kind of at the mercy of whatever the LEO's want to do to apprehend him, I could be wrong. But that is brutality at it's finest right there, no way around that one. He had his hands up, the dog gets pushed in, then they start to smash his other window? What the eff.

I sure as hell would run from these psychopaths if they started chasing me. Well probably not, I would rather take a massive whoopin than a massive whoopin with massive prison time.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

This is ABUSE to the K9!!!! I feel so sorry for the K9 to have such an idiot as a handler.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Up, read my post, I fully agree!!!!!! right on!

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

I'll say it again.

Cops are wondering why they are being sniped at the barracks?

Well...look into your own ranks for the reason coppers. Get used to it. YOU brought it upon yourselves.....

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

The only reason people are getting fired up about this is because of recent events. Why have people decided that criminals are never at fault in these cases and it's the big bad evil cops who are being too aggressive? The same dingdongs berating the cops in this thread would be whaling and gnashing their teeth if this drunk idiot had slammed into a car and killed innocent bystanders. You can't have life both ways.

When people run from the police, they should expect bad things to happen to them. The reason: you only run if you've done something VERY bad or plan to do something VERY bad.

When you force officers into a high speed pursuit, you have proven to them that you're not going down without a fight. Police officers are not going to risk getting shot... they will take every measure available to avoid physical harm by someone who has clearly proven to not be of sound mind. The dog went in first to make sure the guy couldn't grab a gun and start shooting. The idiot reporter says "the dog proceeds to attack him." No... police K9's are trained to subdue people, not attack them. If a full-grown German Shepherd attacked this man, we'd be talking about a fatality or a missing face.

If you watch the video, the man starts digging around with his hands before they finally go up. By the time his hands do go up, the officer with the dog was already at the car so he didn't have time to stop and say "oh wait, his hands are up, I'm sure he's just an ok guy that's finally surrendering."

A lot of police pursuits end in a shoot out so officers generally prepare for that eventuality once a pursuit begins. Many other pursuits end with the death or injury of innocent bystanders. I'm happy that the chase ended with this guy getting bit... it was the best possible outcome. If you run, you WILL be treated like someone who plans to kill people until proven otherwise.
edit on 9/21/2014 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: sayzaar
That was attempted MURDER !! He knew the guy could have had his throat torn out and that was probably the intention.

You clearly know nothing about police K9's. They don't kill people.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: halfpint0701
a reply to: subfab

Nope.

Grand Jury cleared the officer of any wrongdoing (even though the District Attorney himself thought it was excessive force) and indicted Williams of numerous charges including assault with a deadly weapon of a government official for hitting police cars when he ran the checkpoint.

Link

No, don't listen to what the jury says. Let's make up our minds based on one video and a news report... that's the American way!!!

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

well if that were me i would dead...dogs have a weak point grab their front legs and pull them apart,like you are stretching out level with your shoulders...there is no way i would allow that ...and most certainly i would have been shot by the cop for killing his dog even though i was protecting myself...

that was horrible to watch...just goes to show cops do not like their pride being hurt...maybe more steroids and mirror time will fix it

Why is there always one person in these discussions who thinks they'd be able to take the dog? I would bet every cent I'll ever make that you've never encountered a police K9. Stop talking out of your rectum.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join