It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who are the 24 elders in Revelation 4?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Although we probably don't know, there may be a very big clue with the 12 tribes of Abraham leading to Israel. Parallel to this, Ishmael (Son of Hagar / Egypt) is half brother to Issac. Given the blessing on Ishmael as a great nation just like Issac, we can then look at this verse and know the other 12.

These were the sons of Ishmael, and these are the names of the twelve tribal rulers according to their settlements and camps.

You can then go to Isaiah 19 to know why Egypt is important.

23 In that day there will be a highway from Egypt to Assyria. The Assyrians will go to Egypt and the Egyptians to Assyria. The Egyptians and Assyrians will worship together. 24 In that day Israel will be the third, along with Egypt and Assyria, a blessing on the earth. 25 The Lord Almighty will bless them, saying, “Blessed be Egypt my people, Assyria my handiwork, and Israel my inheritance.”

Egypt, my people. Israel my inheritance.

12:12

The other 12 are Ishmael, Kedar, Adbeel, Mibsam, 14 Mishma, Dumah, Massa, 15 Hadad, Tema, Jetur, Naphish and Kedemah.

edit on 21-9-2014 by AlephBet because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven
a reply to: Murgatroid

So what group of people today are actual decedents of biblical Israelite? Just Curious? What group of people today are most related to the people Moses led out of Egypt? Jordanians? Syrians? Surely some DNA test on ancient Israelite have been done?

Check my post above. Ishmael is the half brother of Abraham. They are mule to Issac the Horse. Ishmael is a cross between Hagar and Abraham, or a cross between Egypt and Israel. Check my thread on this subject: Coming Messiah May be a Palestinian Why are the Palestinians a thorn in the side of Israel? They must love their enemies (really brothers).

edit on 21-9-2014 by AlephBet because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Its all a math game in Revelations, but its based on Ptolemy's astronomy and astrology.
24 thrones and 24 elders are the 48 original constellations that Ptolemy created.
The 4 creatures are the cardinal signs of the zodiac.

If you can play the game, you can find similarities between descriptive verses in Revelations
and various major arcana tarot cards. Afterall, the tarot has 22 cards and Revelations has 22
chapters, and it can be said that the chapters also match up with the hebrew alphabet which
has 22 letters.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

9 Whenever the living creatures give glory, honor and thanks to him who sits on the throne and who lives for ever and ever, 10 the twenty-four elders fall down before him who sits on the throne and worship him who lives for ever and ever. They lay their crowns before the throne and say:

Who are these elders?

Is this some sort of Masonic code?

The four creatures could be the 4 cardinals points (east, south, west and north). The 24 elders could be the 24 hours of the day. So basically what is saying is that whenever GOD appears the whole nature surrenders to HIM. No way to tell HIS location because He is everywhere. No way to tell His age, because He is eternal.

No masonic connection so far. But I'm researching.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   

9 Whenever the living creatures give glory, honor and thanks to him who sits on the throne and who lives for ever and ever, 10 the twenty-four elders fall down before him who sits on the throne and worship him who lives for ever and ever. They lay their crowns before the throne and say:

Who are these elders?

you really needed to quote what those 24 Elders said:

The four and twenty elders fall down before him that sat on the throne, and worship him that liveth for ever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying, Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power:
for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

which kinda explains who the 24 Elders with Crowns are...

they are the 24 individual civilizations throughout the observable Universe...Adam was the human on Earth from which all human civilization came but could not join the circle of 24 Elders...
we would call these other 24 races of Gods creation, Aliens

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   

It may be TRUE elders in CREATION (not all human if any) to add, part of the KINGDOM Observing WATCHING from ABOVE. Always wondered who they the dressed in white and had crowns of gold on their heads were as well as who or what are the four Creatures described as four living creatures, and they were covered with eyes, in front and in back. 7 The first living creature was like a lion, the second was like an ox, the third had a face like a man, the fourth was like a flying eagle. 8 Each of the four living creatures had six wings and was covered with eyes all around, even under its wings.

4 After this I looked, and there before me was a door standing open in heaven. And the voice I had first heard speaking to me like a trumpet said, “Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this.” 2 At once I was in the Spirit, and there before me was a throne in heaven with someone sitting on it. 3 And the one who sat there had the appearance of jasper and ruby. A rainbow that shone like an emerald encircled the throne. 4 Surrounding the throne were twenty-four other thrones, and seated on them were twenty-four elders. They were dressed in white and had crowns of gold on their heads. 5 From the throne came flashes of lightning, rumblings and peals of thunder. In front of the throne, seven lamps were blazing. These are the seven spirits[a] of God. 6 Also in front of the throne there was what looked like a sea of glass, clear as crystal.

In the center, around the throne, were four living creatures, and they were covered with eyes, in front and in back. 7 The first living creature was like a lion, the second was like an ox, the third had a face like a man, the fourth was like a flying eagle. 8 Each of the four living creatures had six wings and was covered with eyes all around, even under its wings. Day and night they never stop saying:

“‘Holy, holy, holy

is the Lord God Almighty,’

who was, and is, and is to come.”

11 “You are worthy, our Lord and God,
to receive glory and honor and power,
for you created all things,
and by your will they were created
and have their being.”

So many clues that there is WAY more to this perceived physical and metaphysical as they had white clothes and gold crowns... If only many would believe it would save the souls much learning.

LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA
NAMASTE*******

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   

The human rib cage is made up of 24 bones; each are symmetrically paired on a right and left side. Of all 24 ribs, the first seven pairs are often labeled as "true." These bones are connected to the costal cartilage, while the five other "false" sets do not. Three of those connect to non-costal cartilage, and two are deemed to be "floating," which means they only connect to the spine. While there have been some cases of minor anatomical variation, men and women generally have the same amount of ribs.

And he said unto me, Son of man, can these bones live?..So I prophesied as he commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they lived, and stood up upon their feet, an exceeding great army. Ezekiel37

It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit. 1Corinthians15

For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them. Matthew18
edit on 25-9-2014 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
During pregnancy

Your ribcage stretches out www.babyexpert.com...

The Lord has called Me from the womb;
From the matrix of My mother He has made mention of My name.Isaiah49
edit on 25-9-2014 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Who are these elders?

The book of Revelation is NOT predictions or prophecy of past,present or future historical events or persons.It is about one thing only...Yahoshua...which means Yahweh(the creator God) IS the deliverer (savor) of ALL of creation(including ALL of mankind).To believe anything else is reading into something that isn't there and complete vain foolishness.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   

In my opinion this is after the great white throne of judgment. Why do I say that? John stated in his gospel that none have ascended except he who has descended first and that is only Jesus. The thrones and crowns are rewards and the rewards will be given out at the great white throne of judgment after the creation of the new heaven and new earth after the 1000 year reign of Christ.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Who are these elders?

I believe this is part of the process or revelation of eternal life. He who lives for ever and ever... his 12 (pairs=24) craniel nerves and the cosmos become attached synched, reality appears to come alive and worship the receiver from all angles.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 27-9-2014 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
24 Elders relate to the number 144,000 also mentioned in the book of Revelation, one number is literal the other is symbolic. Once you figured that out you will have your answer

edit on 29-9-2014 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
The New Testament was written after the Greek--Hellenistic Age had inserted the Greek Zeitgeist into the Classical World.

Given the Greek propensity for logic, perhaps the New Testament had some philosophical vectors in it.

The Babylonian number system was base 60, because 60 is evenly divisible by many numbers: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 10, 12, 15, 30.

24 is 2 x 12, Babylonian numbers, and so 24 could be a reference to Babylonian, or in other words, secular persons.

Persons who are wise, but not Christian.

In other words, "many worldly wise bow down to the conventional group think"

top topics

<< 1   >>

join