It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Police violently raid barber shop looking for... Barber licenses?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 10:37 AM
a reply to: smithjustinb

Conservatives are the most "get Government involved" there are. Yes, they claim to be more freedom but ask them about the freedom to smoke marijuana and they will just want MORE government involvement. I can think of plenty others.

So, go shove your "it's the liberals" up where the sun don't shine.

It's EVERYONE!!!!!

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 11:23 AM
a reply to: HandyDandy

Conservatives are just as bad as liberals.

The left/right thing is pure BS.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 11:35 AM
a reply to: HandyDandy
For sure its divide and conquer..some people still have no idea that there is NO difference anymore.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:59 PM

originally posted by: Britguy

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck

Why couldn't the Department of Business and Professional Regulation call or send an email or fax to the department that registers licenses? It seems that they used a list of businesses at some point in order to plan these warrantless raids, where did that list come from? Did it come from a list of legally registered businesses, or did the cops investigate the ones that were being advertised but not on the list? If that was the case, they should have known if they had a license or not and would have been able to get a warrant to search those that didn't come up as legal.

Good grief! That implies the use of logic and reason by taxpayer funded departments and their usually thick as cow s**t employees. It would also mean the police don't get to dress up and act all tough and macho if that same logic and reason are applied.

What are you, a commie terrorist or something? You are now probably under investigation for voicing common sense!

You my friend are a fortune teller, a seer or prophet because what you have described in your last comment is truly the next step. I better use some anti-common sense in order to keep out of trouble from now on.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 01:25 PM
a reply to: theyknowwhoyouare

Dirty Harry Callahan's response to trigger happy cops:

edit on 21-9-2014 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 01:34 PM

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: taoistguy
the law is the law and must be enforced. would you like your hair cut by a nutter who masqueraes as qualified and responsible???

Theres a whole dam lot of difference between sending a couple of police officers round to knock on the door and ask politely to see there licence and if they don't have it give them a court order and sending round the storm trooper's to raid the place like it was some cartel den.

It called acceptable force. Running in gun ho is not appropriate for all situations.

But Crazy they've got straight razors in there .
That means one thing to these guys in three little words---
simultaneous multilevel breach!
I think with the barber of my childhood, an old friend of
the family and especially my dad's even before "Uncle"
Don hit Korea; the only danger in his shop would have been
getting laughed out of town.
Maybe because the Mayor and C.O. Police were sitting there
a third o' the time anyway. it wasn't Mayberry, but at least it
was sane. And these guys were good enough to get all the
shire's business done by noon....

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 01:51 PM
I have to wonder at the mental states of the police commanders, all the way down to those carrying out the raids.
What sort of training are they being given that they feel the need to treat every single case as a potential violent encounter, requiring SWAT Teams, armoured vehicles, snipers etc?

In fact, why are the police even involved in simple business code enforcement issues in the first place?
It is this use of heavy handed force, in all cases, usually against non-violent people that is really becoming ridiculous. No common sense, no simply talking to people in a civilized manner, everyone is a potential violent perp until proven innocent, and even then can suffer harassment for simply trying to point out their rights.

Either these idiots in "law enforcement" are mentally disturbed and paranoid, fearing everyone they come into contact with, or they get their jollies abusing others. In either case, it's all uncalled or and they should not be in the job at all.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 04:55 PM
help! I got a bad hair cut and it didn't grow back! haaaaalp!

actually the licensing racket is more about revenue than safety in a lot of cases.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 06:18 PM
a reply to: Britguy

It's about oppression pure and simple. They had their licenses inspected two days prior to this raid.

In one of the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy books there is a planet where police departments had started huge violent turf wars between each other. Makes a quality statement about the mindset of officers IMO

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 08:03 PM

originally posted by: buster2010

Why are you bringing up liberals for Florida is a Republican state. Also you are wrong about Conservatives making laws they make no laws because there are no Conservatives in government anymore.

The current governor of Florida didn't sign the Florida Barbers Act into law.

Meanwhile, in Indiana:

Barbers and cosmetologists would no longer need to be licensed under a bill being considered in the Indiana General Assembly.

House Bill 1006, introduced by Rep. David Wolkins, R-Kosciusko, is set to be heard by the Employment Labor and Pensions Committee at 10:30 a.m. on Friday.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 03:36 PM

On tonight, live from 10PM Eastern time!

Show thread with listening information

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>