It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police violently raid barber shop looking for... Barber licenses?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: sn0rch

good one

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: theyknowwhoyouare

originally posted by: stirling
a reply to: theyknowwhoyouare
This unconstitutional behavior of the police is all too common everywhere in the USA and other democracies these days.....The one barber shop that got an excessive force judgement (and won an appeal by the cops) seems to serve predominently black people from the picture shown......
Is it more racial profiling coming into play? that seems a logical conclusion to me......
Did they use the licence issue (of which there were no violations at that location) as an excuse to look for other
possible activities? This too is more unconstitutional behavior.....
The police are beyond the control of the citizenry....they act above the law and the people they presumably serve.....
Reminds me of medieval days......when all men weren't created equal.....

Though it may be a race thing I doubt it. these people don't look predominetly black

Funny thing I didn't see no white people in the photo of the barber shop of which I spoke.....check the ops link....

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: taoistguy
the law is the law and must be enforced. would you like your hair cut by a nutter who masqueraes as qualified and responsible???

hey...i believe scientists have proven (controversial as it may seem) that cut hair grows back no matter how incompetent the barber may or may not be. You'd think they were using nuclear powered clippers or something.
edit on 21-9-2014 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   

This is why I'm against liberalism. They want so many laws. All laws do is give police more power. I was reading a liberal article yesterday about laws created in 2014. Then, at the end, it asked, with hopeful expectation, "What laws can we come up with for 2015?" "Post your comments below!" Openly welcoming more power to be given to police and more punishments that can be handed out.

Not that conservatives are innocent. But, at least, when people think of "big government", they're not thinking about us. Bush's patriot act has many problems. But, Obama's NDAAs have been no better. The police state, as it pertains to foreign policy, is understandable in many regards. What I don't accept is the police state as it pertains to protecting Americans from Americans. There is too much liberal legislation that protects the interests of special interest groups in the US while neglecting the interests of those not in the group. Yes, conservatives make laws, but they are a different breed of laws. We are, after all, conservative.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Though it may be a race thing I doubt it.

It actually says in the link that minority groups were targeted, but my guess is that they were all Turkish barbers.

edit on 21-9-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: sn0rch
What a difference. You've got raids on hair dressers. We have just had multiple raids down here too, because someone was intending to cut a little too much off the top of a stranger, too.

We're on the same tack.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: smithjustinb

This is why I'm against liberalism. They want so many laws. All laws do is give police more power. I was reading a liberal article yesterday about laws created in 2014. Then, at the end, it asked, with hopeful expectation, "What laws can we come up with for 2015?" "Post your comments below!" Openly welcoming more power to be given to police and more punishments that can be handed out.

Not that conservatives are innocent. But, at least, when people think of "big government", they're not thinking about us. Bush's patriot act has many problems. But, Obama's NDAAs have been no better. The police state, as it pertains to foreign policy, is understandable in many regards. What I don't accept is the police state as it pertains to protecting Americans from Americans. There is too much liberal legislation that protects the interests of special interest groups in the US while neglecting the interests of those not in the group. Yes, conservatives make laws, but they are a different breed of laws. We are, after all, conservative.

Why are you bringing up liberals for Florida is a Republican state. Also you are wrong about Conservatives making laws they make no laws because there are no Conservatives in government anymore.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Let me get this straight.

A barber shop jumps through all the legal hoops and financial hardships to become a legal business that actually works and benefits the owners and the community. Then, the government entities responsible for making and enforcing the rules take a month of time and resources to raid said businesses to find a valid business license that could take maybe an hour or less to locate and verify?

Why couldn't the Department of Business and Professional Regulation call or send an email or fax to the department that registers licenses? It seems that they used a list of businesses at some point in order to plan these warrantless raids, where did that list come from? Did it come from a list of legally registered businesses, or did the cops investigate the ones that were being advertised but not on the list? If that was the case, they should have known if they had a license or not and would have been able to get a warrant to search those that didn't come up as legal.

This stinks to high heaven and I can't understand the premise behind such actions and waste of money and time unless there is another reason for it. Why waste time and money and risk people's lives and possibly getting sued when all they want is for the barber shops to buy a license? Why raid these places and potentially ruin these successful businesses that only benefit the economy at large?

Barber shops are traditionally a place for people to exchange ideas and socialize, but I suspect they have been profiled as a place where crimes can take place out of the public's eyes, like drug dealing or fencing stolen goods. That is the only reason I can come up with to help explain this sort of action by the Po-Po.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: taoistguy
the law is the law and must be enforced. would you like your hair cut by a nutter who masqueraes as qualified and responsible???

Theres a whole dam lot of difference between sending a couple of police officers round to knock on the door and ask politely to see there licence and if they don't have it give them a court order and sending round the storm trooper's to raid the place like it was some cartel den.

It called acceptable force. Running in gun ho is not appropriate for all situations.
edit on 21-9-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   

This unconstitutional behavior of the police is all too common everywhere in the USA and other democracies these days.....The one barber shop that got an excessive force judgement (and won an appeal by the cops) seems to serve predominently black people from the picture shown......
Is it more racial profiling coming into play? that seems a logical conclusion to me......
Did they use the licence issue (of which there were no violations at that location) as an excuse to look for other
possible activities? This too is more unconstitutional behavior.....
The police are beyond the control of the citizenry....they act above the law and the people they presumably serve.....
Reminds me of medieval days......when all men weren't created equal.....

Though it may be a race thing I doubt it. these people don't look predominetly black

Funny thing I didn't see no white people in the photo of the barber shop of which I spoke.....check the ops link....

I was pointing out that these types of raids are happening in more than just black communities. Just because this place is only black folks doesn't mean these types of raids are meant to target black folk only.

Here is the video I was trying to show you with that link I posted

edit on 21-9-2014 by theyknowwhoyouare because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
George W Bush was president the same time his brother was governor of Florida, do you see the similarities of the aftermath of there administrations? You can also blame Obama for not reigning in the powers of local leo, and any governor of Florida that has served since Jeb!!

Wanna bet if we will ever see a swat team raid wall street?

So this is the new way government checks business license? Or is this only for minority business?

SWAT raids family farms
SWAT raids barber shops to check for licensing...
SWAT raids bars???!!!

edit on 21-9-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

I agree. Certainly not going to take on a group that is actually dangerous.

Maybe since barbers have scissors they considered it situation with 'deadly weapons'.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ameilia

When I read stuff like this, it makes me want to become a hermit. Amazon will deliver everything I need to my home.

You see, you have unwittingly fallen into their clever trap. Since it is unlikely that you will desert the scene to live in a cave, you will find that you have no choice but to conform, to curb your enthusiasm to do bad in any form. The logic of it is that they have discarded the old way of expecting the citizen to respect/observe the laws (of any kind). Instead, they have resorted to the coercive use of the basic emotion of simply installing fear to get the compliance they need from citizenry. The methods of the typical SWAT team are an excellent tool for that transition of social awareness. The image of an a SWAT team in action is manufactured to be highly visible with various emblems and symbols of uniforms, vehicles, tactics and weapons. That message is further driven is into the common heart of the mass society via lightning raids under frequently dubious (if technically legal) pretenses. A show of such force is a basic military action intent on intimidating the enemy. In short, the enemy of American government these days is the common Americans citizen.

Governing via fear is a harsh form of control, but it works and is basically cheap if you throw away prior values. The Nazies used it quite effectively and totally transformed Germany from a defeated nation deep in debt and depression into a world power in a span of about ten years. There can be no denying that fear aids control. In the Nazi situation in Germany, they were totally merciless in operations and efficiencies and goals. This new fascism developing today is based on something seemingly more benign, a simple goal of "political correctness" everywhere and for all. --Such a loaded term! Such an ideology! It invites thousands of arguments of what it means. But it is not a mere dream. To see how it operates, one need only look at the multitude of different changes proposed and actually being done in our daily world starting with what is allowed to be in you head and ending with complete, unquestioned compliance because that is the only RIGHT way to be. Right?

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

They took a lesson form Sweeny Todd. I wonder if there was a popular eatery next door.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
And instead of the whole town showing up at the courthouse or police department, everybody just continues on and does nothing. No wonder nothing is changing

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Ameilia

That is what I did. Left the usa...live in the middle of no where by the ocean and have internet. That is all I need. I don't miss a thing haha.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck

Why couldn't the Department of Business and Professional Regulation call or send an email or fax to the department that registers licenses? It seems that they used a list of businesses at some point in order to plan these warrantless raids, where did that list come from? Did it come from a list of legally registered businesses, or did the cops investigate the ones that were being advertised but not on the list? If that was the case, they should have known if they had a license or not and would have been able to get a warrant to search those that didn't come up as legal.

Good grief! That implies the use of logic and reason by taxpayer funded departments and their usually thick as cow s**t employees. It would also mean the police don't get to dress up and act all tough and macho if that same logic and reason are applied.

What are you, a commie terrorist or something? You are now probably under investigation for voicing common sense!

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   

And people wonder why some are getting fed up with it and sniping cops at barracks.

Get used to it coppers......

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
The heavyhanded approach and police involvment is the issue here..you really need that part explained?

The vote was 2-1 in the appellate court.

Obviously some people do.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
The only way that this event makes any sense to me, is if it was in fact a "live training" exercise...where the Police go through the exercise of planning and executing a raid, designed to quickly take control of a facility and to gain physical control of suspected perpetrators.

In any other context, it just does not even make any sense that multiple Police units would block all exits, then Officers would storm into a barbershop with weapons drawn...then very aggressively take people to the ground and handcuff them - to check for barber licenses.

I guess maybe they thought that the Barbers would just be thankful that they were not arrested...and would not file a complaint.

Whether this was real (in which case every single person involved in the planning and execution of the raid needs to be relieved of duty), or a training stunt - pretty scary stuff!

I think if someone were to dedicate a website to American Law Enforcement abuses of power, and post videos and stories, it would have a very massive archive in no time. Things are just flat out of control.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join