It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

50 Things About Millennials That Make Corporate America [snip] Its Pants

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

I'm sorry knowing how to use a smart device isn't being more intelligent it's actually being less intelligent.

The device does it all for them.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

This whole math premise is freaking outrageous.

plenty of people can do math.

My god people, YOU do the growing up
edit on 9/21/2014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

The thing is, we all bring our own personal experiences to this type of discussion. I was helping to milk the cows by six, hunting rabbit and squirrels by the age of eight, helping plow the fields and bring them in by ten, and could blow a stump out of the ground by thirteen. Not a whole lot of kids could do that these days.

By sixteen I ran the produce dept at the grocery store and worked the night shift at the local airport all by my lonesome, doing both refueling and radio traffic and got my pilots permit. Then I dropped out of school and joined the military as Recon. By eighteen I could calculate the right amount of explosives to bring down a bridge or building. And hide for days in plain sight.

Then when I was 24 I went into the Nuke, Chem, Bio warfare game, and learned even more meteorology among other nasty things. Though it was mainly defensive.

By the time I was in my thirties, I was into the PSYOP game. During this time I went to work for the Army as a civilian and learned the administrative, financial and medical aspects as well. Finally I got fed up with it all and retired. (BTW, I also paid off all credit and now live cash only, and let me tell you...it's hard.)

There's my life story in a nutshell and as you can see, I never stopped learning new things. I think that's a lesson for everyone, regardless of what Gen they come from.

If memory serves correct, you're still young. Twenty something? Still a long road to slog...but never give up.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

Oh there's no quit in this guy lol.

But I agree with you we all have a story.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Ameilia

Why should the Mellinials care about anything?

The system is broken. The only jobs being created are minimum wage retail jobs. I don't need another dammed wallmart in my area, I don't need another fast food joint, but they keep building them. Why, so a franchisee or corporation can take advantage of more people at minimum wage, further degrading the quality of life for the 99%.

In the 60's min wage was enough money to own a home, an automobile and consider starting a family.

Today you need 2 people working in order to achieve a similar lifestyle.

Inflation is caused by private banking, something the founding fathers were against.

Private baking causes inflation, without private banking it would be impossible to hide this discrepancy. Its a magic trick, you make more money but have less buying power, It's brilliant really.

The problem? The Mellinials have discovered the wealthy, the government, literally no one is fighting for them. They are highly intelligent, they see the advancement in technology and can see it has only benefited the ones at the top.

They don't want to be corporate clones, they want a respectable wage doing meaningful work.

The boomers let this happen, our kids will fix it. They are learning quickly that they live in a system that is designed to enslave everyone except the ones at the top.

They will not sit back, they will stand up and declare a peaceful war on this tyranny, they must. If they fail they will be corporate slaves, and so will their children's for many generations.

What is the point? Debt?

Good college $100,000
Nice house. $300,000
Nice car. $25,000

Why? Because the bankers overvalue everything by giving consumers horrible, debilitating long term debt, that ensures you never get out of debt, and you die receiving whatever abysmal amount that they have decided you can live on.

We have veterans and lifetime hard workers, who gave their lives, their sweat and blood to build this country, who now live in poverty. The cooperate shareholders and bankers need a bailout but the government says their is not enough money to give our elderly a higher standard of living.

Who is the intelligent one?

The one who accepts a broken system designed only to enslave the majority to the minority? The wealthy maintain the world's wealth not by hard work but by birthright and deception.

Or the one who says I will not take part until we change? Our children are for humanity over themselves, but everywhere they look they see pyramids built to enslave, with them at the bottom.

Religion, corporations, banking, are all pyramids built to enslave the masses. Grossly overstating one man's importance to humanity.

Paying wages in excess of 100×min wage. No man is 100 times more important to this world than another. And no man who is willing to work should be without employment. Unless you believe a man willing to work is worthless?

So if Millennials think

1. It should be easier to get a job.
2. The job should be more meaningful.
3. They shouldn't have to take on $400,000 in debt to the bankers and become corporate slaves.

4. I guess I'm a 40 year old millennial.

Really, who is defending the world we live in? Shouldn't someone be dreaming of a better future? The present situation sucks and it's only getting worse.
edit on 21-9-2014 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: sacgamer25

Really, who is defending the world we live in? Shouldn't someone be dreaming of a better future? The present situation sucks and it's only getting worse.

Exactly.

But they only see the "personal responsibility" curtain.

It's all about personal success to them. It's all about how much money you can make and how well off you are that's the only thing that matters.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Math?

Where did I mention Math?

I was simply addressing an often said proclamation that simply because this younger generation grew up with smart devices that they are more intelligent.

I grew up with Pong and been on computers since Commodore 64 all the way up to the latest ZING WOW BANG 'Made in China' smart device but you don't find me belittling an older generation, declaring my generation smarter or telling them to Die and Gimmie your job because of it.
edit on 21-9-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Nevermind.

edit on 21-9-2014 by Fylgje because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer
I knew some, that when the power went out, they thought they couldn't flush the commode. I. kid. you. not.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Exactly.

Now personal responsibility is a bad thing?

It's all about personal success to them. It's all about how much money you can make and how well off you are that's the only thing that matters.

Success can be measured in any number of ways. It's not always about money.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Good college $100,000
Nice house. $300,000
Nice car. $25,000

I don't have any of these things and I am extremely happy at 46.

College: student loans, working through college, paid off loans in the 1990's, I am a machinist by trade and am now a manufacturing plant manager. I make a really good wage and have 25 years of manufacturing experience.
I also know how to use electronics as well as my 13 year old and 17 year old.
I don't live to work, I work to support my life outside of work. I really enjoy my job, however.

Nice House: mine was $132,000 I put 10% down that I saved. Now have 50% of it paid for. 1400 square feet. 3 bedroom. I want to sell it when child number 2 leaves the next and get something smaller and easier to maintain because it will just be the wife and I again. For now, this house is great for what we need and is in a very good neighborhood and is in excellent shape. I do most of my own house work where repairs are concerned.

Nice Car: 2004 Jeep Wrangler, hard top, 103,000 miles. Runs like a top. I do all the maintenance and work on it myself. I bought it used in 2009 for $13,000.

Generation X right here.

I learned what I know about home repair and car repair from my father.....a baby boomer.

Now, tell me again what you think is fair and what people are becoming slaves to?
edit on 21-9-2014 by wdkirk because: added price of vehicle purchased

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
One Question, it's really hard not to like you. And I get it. I do.

You are a millennial. You are angry (oh so angry) because you can't get the job you want, you don't have the money you want, you can't go to college for free. Or, something along those lines. Don't know your personal history, of course.

You raise some good points, you do. But it seems you are dreaming of a Utopia. There is really no such thing.

I remember how frustrated I was right out of college. No one wanted to hire me because I had no experience. I would leave interviews in tears and call my mother "how can I get experience if nobody will hire me". I was so frustrated and yes, angry. I knew I was good to go coming right out the gate!

If you guys can make change in a good way, then go for it. But don't wait for your ship to come in, when in fact you have to suck it up, and swim out to it.
edit on 9/21/2014 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

That is excellent man...I couldnt believe how interested people were about it once I started talking about it. Stuff like that i think will be huge.

And on topic...idk lol

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Exactly.

They believe in pyramids. I believe in hard work and sharing. And if the Mellinials were offered meaningful work in humanitarian fields, I'm sure they would be thrilled and work hard to fix the world they have inherited.

Why don't we employ people to clear ground cover in our forest to prevent 80,000 acre forest fires like the king fire in northern California. No money?

Why don't we have enough police officers, so the ones we have are overworked and over stressed? No money?

Why don't we have better education that includes sports, music and the arts for all children? No money?

We have kids willing to work, meaningful work that needs to be done, the resources to make the work a reality, but no money? Who has all the damm money?

And why don't we have enough to do basic things, like preventing 80,000 acre fires, help lower police brutality, and return the arts to our children?

The system is broken, we need police men, fire fighters, and teachers, and all we get is Wallmart employees.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Personal responsibility is touted as an end all be all to everything everywhere when in fact things can and are typically more complicated.

It's an unempathetic response and lacks a general sense of compassion.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Dream I will lady because someone's got to have an imagination in this world of death and chaos.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
At the end of the day the Baby Boomer generation sold their children and their children's children into debt bondage to support the most lavish and over the top lifestyles in human history.

They took no responsibility for it. They did not even attempt to fix it. They also blame it all on the children.

We were all but forced into this college debt no jobs game. It's incredibly hard to make your own way. When my dad was a kid he could go get a summer job at the drop of a hat. I can apply to every business around and never hear back because the ACTUAL "me generation" doesn't think common courtesy applies anyone but themselves.

Every single job I've ever had I was forced to work part time to prevent me from having any rights or benefits. I've been told this directly by nicer staff members. Even jobs where I was widely considered one of the best workers as well as polite and friendly and I'm forced to play second fiddle to lazy fill time workers who use helpless part time workers with no options to do the real work while they bitch and moan about having to deal with the issues they get paid to deal with. All the time they are collecting wildly bloated paychecks with all sorts of benefits.

They use the money they save from abusing the little guys to buy themselves fancy lunch or breakfast catering for pointless meetings everyone says are a waste of time.

They blame poverty on laziness even though they designed the system to weed out those with initiative rewarding only the boot lickers.

They blame blacks for their issues even though the majority population had intentionally oppressed them as much as they can get away with for centuries.

They blame hispanic immigrants for a wide array of issues even though our country would collapse without immigrants doing the work the baby boomers decided was below them. Not to mention that most of them are forced to come here because America decimated their edibles for cheap fruit and such.

They blame gays for ruining our morals and ethics even though they weren't even really part of society until recently, well after the crumbling of the american family due to greed and selfishness.

They blame younger kids for not participating in politics, even though they rigged the system in every way they could to make voting meaningless and constantly put down politicians as bad people discouraging many who would participate.

They blame kids for their greed and disconnectedness Even though they bombarded these kids with credit cards and marketing. My first credit card I only got because every time I went to the bank they would try to get me to and I eventually gave in. I managed it responsibly for several years but then went into debt when I was laid off from work.

The baby boomer generation had a chance to change life for the better. Instead they used their prosperity to become parasites to the entire planet and their own people. Now after years of selfishly #ing up every country including their own, their children will be forced to pay their debts. Even now they are starting more conflicts in a desperate drive to make their prosperity last just a touch longer.

After all this they don't even have the dignity or honor to admit their failings. They turn the screws tighter and tighter all the while blaming the children and foreigners they #ed over for their problems. It's just sickening. How about instead of telling everyone else to man up, you guys man up for one in your lives. Fat chance of that. Just keep hoarding all the resources and telling everyone else it's their fault. It's the American way. Hopefully the millenials will change things but most likely it will be too late. You guys keep them poor and distracted and shoot them down any time they complain. Keep going guys. You'll die and your children will curse your legacy of monstrous selfish barbarism. The lives of billions were totally worth the keurig and flat screen TV right?

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

I think that you are buying into the game and then complaining that the rules are unfair. But then again, the game of life. not the Hasbro version, but the real one has never been fair.

There are plenty of opportunities out there. The question is...what sacrifices are you willing to take?

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

I'm sorry knowing how to use a smart device isn't being more intelligent it's actually being less intelligent.

The device does it all for them.

I agree, i see them going on and on about how much smarter they are, but have them try to do math on paper from standard 12th grade classes from 30 years ago and see what happens........

I cant count the times ive been to a store and watched as the person behind the counter went into total panic because the machine didnt work and they couldnt figure out how to give me correct change........

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Personal responsibility is touted as an end all be all to everything everywhere when in fact things can and are typically more complicated.

It's an unempathetic response and lacks a general sense of compassion.

So doing whatever it takes to take care of your family is not empathetic?

What kind of crazy voodoo logic is that?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join