It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

50 Things About Millennials That Make Corporate America [snip] Its Pants

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

How is that relevant to a discussion?

And do you ever get any sleep?

Considering that colleges use books and we still have the most college graduates then any generation ever across the board then I'd say we'd still be in the same boat because that's not the issue.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire

originally posted by: beezzer
I wonder how smart Millennials would be without electrical power.

(just sayin')

How smart would any generation be?

So every generation depends on the internet for their knowledge base?

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Yup, and for whatever else pisses them off!

Great, have at it..The Internet is wonderful for complaining.

Yes, but they have grown up in this world you created, and they will try to make it better.

Ahh..yes..a common aspect of this group of people we are talking about, make sure to blame someone else.
I also didn't create any world for anyone else but I am busy creating a world for me to enjoy.

How is there sense of entitlement anymore larger than yours?

I don't have any sense of entitlement. I work hard and don't expect anyone to carry me. I don't expect anyone to cater to me. I don't expect anyone to give me something for free. I didn't want to go into work last night when I get called because who wants to on a Sat night but I did because that is what needed to happen.

Humans must conform to our corporate overlords is so baby boomer!!!

Thats cute..Corporate Overlords..
I know..your one of this group we are talking about and get offended about how different you think you are..
Keeping in mind that I have plenty of ink and have probably forgotten more about being an individual then you ever knew but Im also smart enough to realize that if I want a well paying job which allows me to live life the way I want it isn't always going to be on my terms.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   

That's not a problem it's a modern day solution to a problem.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

You are a complete hypocrite all you do is blame blame blame.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

You are a complete hypocrite all you do is blame blame blame.

HAHA!!
explain that one, who or when did I blame anyone?

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

It's relevant because the "Me" generation may have more access to information because of the internet but they aren't any smarter than any other generation and probably are worse off because they rely on electrical products to do their thinking rather than using their wee brains.

We've all had the experience of having a cashier actually try to use math instead of ringing up a sale.

It's funny.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

I wonder how smart Millennials would be without electrical power.

(just sayin')

How smart would any generation be?

So every generation depends on the internet for their knowledge base?

Nope, but generations with it are more knowledgeable than those without it. Do you really think you have a valid argument here?

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Still doesn't change the fact that we have more college graduates now then ever.

Why doesn't that correlate to intelligence?

Don't you think it would?

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

So your evidence is a cashier at a store and you base your assumptions on that notion?

link   

1 I have worked 3rd shift for over 15 years. (Baker, 1st Cook)

2 I have maintained proper hair cuts, no tattoos, no piercing, so It would not hinder my career. It really makes me mad that a corporation has this power over me. I conformed for profit, I hope they won't have too.
edit on 21-9-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

Exactly right...the tiny house movement man. I have even thought of starting my own off grid company because it is booming. You can be set up off grid and not live that much differently than normal. And it is cheap as heck, and you are sticking it to the man.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

2 I have maintained proper hair cuts, no tattoos, no piercing, so It would not hinder my career. It really makes me made that a corporation has this power over me. I conformed for profit, I hope they won't have too.

You mean conforming for profit isnt morally justified?

Gasp!

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: rockpaperhammock

I'm doing the same thing.

Once I'm done buying the tools I need I. Going to start locally advertising hemp based alternative flooring vs wood.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
The brainwashing is deeeep.

They've got people and they don't even know it.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Still doesn't change the fact that we have more college graduates now then ever.

I've never correlated intelligence with college degrees. The ability to regurgitate data is not a sign of intelligence.

Being able to function, adapt, survive has more to do with intelligence than a diploma.

In my humble opinion.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockpaperhammock
a reply to: TDawgRex

Exactly right...the tiny house movement man. I have even thought of starting my own off grid company because it is booming. You can be set up off grid and not live that much differently than normal. And it is cheap as heck, and you are sticking it to the man.

The older generation will not understand a minimalism type life style. Tiny houses are really cool

But boomer's have closets the size of these houses lol, and the thought of one living in one would be unthinkable.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   

So your evidence is a cashier at a store and you base your assumptions on that notion?

Let's just say that I'd be more impressed with a person that could perform math without a calculator.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

2 I have maintained proper hair cuts, no tattoos, no piercing, so It would not hinder my career. It really makes me mad that a corporation has this power over me. I conformed for profit, I hope they won't have too.

Right or wrong..good or bad...If people want a high paying job chances are they are going to give in on their personal sense of style some..

Im only 41 and would much rather show up to work in metal tee shirts and sneakers.. None of that is worth it for me to lose the salary I make which lets me enjoy life.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Everyone goes to college now. Everyone. You SHOULD have more college graduates because everyone goes to college now. However, a college education does not make anyone more intelligent. It makes you/them more marketable for a future job. Education and intelligence are two different things. Never confuse the two.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join