It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

50 Things About Millennials That Make Corporate America [snip] Its Pants

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: nenothtu

This is t about me and him this is about the health of our countru as a whole that's what your not getting. The both of us are fine.

Your making assumptions about how we're talking about ourselves when in fact we're discussing issues that are affecting our country.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Ahhh you were in the military...

No.

I'm not fit to shine the boots of those who were.

Charitable people called it "freelance", uncharitable ones called it "whoring". It all boils down to the same thing, so it doesn't really matter what label one puts on it, but folks in the military don't make as much money.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   

a reply to: Aazadan

No it doesn't matter if the world around you is burning as long as you have your mansion!

You would doubtless cry tears of anguish if you ever saw my "mansion", but I'm happy with it, so you should be happy for me.

I accidentally stepped out onto my porch this morning - no flames, no smoke. Nothing burning here, but then again "here" has always been a bit on the economically depressed side, so it might be hard to notice. Lyndon Johnson once came around and declared a "war on poverty" here, then left. That's the last we saw or heard of him, and wound up having to fight that war ourselves - like we always have.

I found out later he had an entirely different war to fight in mind.

Shoulda done better for yourselves!

"Better" being defined as where you want to be, and happy with that. Can't no one get you there but you, no matter how you try to shift the weight to someone else.

And the "resources" remain as unknown variables....

I wonder what those resources actually are... If they aren't banknooans or educations?

YOU are the resource. That's really all you ever have to bargain with or improve upon. Everything else is just the solutions (or cheats, or shortcuts) you use to get that done.

I chose cheats, and the occasional solution, but many others choose shortcuts. To each his own, but don't cry about it, get on with it.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Ugh.

ZING!

Simple truths can be ugly things...

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Your still not getting it.

Mercenary assassin hit man I don't give a # what you were your story has changed from page to page and your still not getting or understanding what anyone is saying your stuck on the same idea whatever.

Like my title says under my name.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Your still assuming that were talking about ourselves like I said were both doing fine.

Clever words don't makre you right.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Your still not getting it.

It is you who is not getting it, get off your lazy butt stop your me me me attitude and put on your big boy pants and deal with it.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Deal with what?

I just said it multiple times in my last few posts I'm fine. I'm not struggling right now.

I just give a # about what's happening to my community and to my country.

I think I get it just fine.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Your still assuming that were talking about ourselves like I said were both doing fine.

Clever words don't makre you right.

One.....

link   

This is t about me and him this is about the health of our countru as a whole that's what your not getting. The both of us are fine.

Your making assumptions about how we're talking about ourselves when in fact we're discussing issues that are affecting our country.

Two.....

link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Can I ask what you guys are even talking about anymore?

I tried reading a bunch of these last posts and I can't make heads or tails of what the point is even supposed to be.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: CheeryYellow

Literally they aren't saying anything they keep telling me I need to take responsibility for my life.

But my life is fine I start managing a 130k sq foot year long construction project Thursday that I was just made the foreman of.

I'm hear discussing things that I see happening around me but these fools are so clueless they really just have no idea.
edit on 9/23/2014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:17 AM
link   

I'm not on the corporate grind I had a great job working for a company about to get a promotion to supervisor and quit because I hated the backstabbing selfish environment.

I am a carpenter.

Massive difference.

My bad. I had you confused with someone that was complaining about corporations. I apologize.

But I still won't use an iPad - I don't like Apple's business model. At all.

what your going to see is riots, think ferguson.

On that, we are in complete agreement - which is why I've strategicallly positioned myself where riots won't matter. I've been expecting them for quite a while, and am amazed at the "resiliency" (to try and be delicate) of Americans. Any other country I've been to would have gone up in flames and revolution long ago. They wouldn't have stood for it, and frequently didn't.

And I stand for what I believe in to a fault. I'd be homeless and have been before I accept bull#.

that I respect - but then again, I guess I'd have to, since I've done that - why do you think I was living in a car once upon a time, and sleeping behind dumpsters another?

Never put up with bull#. Life is too short.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   

On that, we are in complete agreement - which is why I've strategicallly positioned myself where riots won't matter. I've been expecting them for quite a while, and am amazed at the "resiliency" (to try and be delicate) of Americans. Any other country I've been to would have gone up in flames and revolution long ago. They wouldn't have stood for it, and frequently didn't.

Please explain WHY this would be happening...

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Don't let it get to you, I know lots of old people and they complain about modern life all the time, even when it's just out of emotional frustration and there's no sense to it at all.

When they were our age, I'm sure old people were complaining back then too. When we're old we'll probably be complaining.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: CheeryYellow

What, are you speaking on behalf of older people?

Talk to us in about 20 years... It may be too bad history marches forward and not backwards but that's the way it works.

I undoubtedly will be. I'm too grouchy and curmudgeonly to just lay down and die.

If I were you I'd be giving the newer generations advice on how to handle to handle even newer generations when we start getting older, if you have any such advice that you'd be able to give. But maybe I missed something.

I have been, and yes, you did.

I really don't envy you when you hand your world off to your kids. As you said, "time only marches forward". This "battle of the generations" has been going on since at least the days of Plato ( I believe he was the one complaining, in a much more flowery way, about "kids these days!"). That's really what makes it fun - we just want to see if you can listen, pick up on, and learn any better than we did.

We still have hope you can.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Sounds like any typical growing pains of any given generation. I am from the cusp of this "generational" uprising. It is the same stuff I heard from my sister (10 years older than I) and my brother.....and my niece (who magically has filled this 30 year generational box)....

Growing pains is all I see. But I do not dishearten them for their passion.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
The ides of change are subtle in momentum, but by the time they become noticeable, great change has already occurred.
The need not only justifies the means, but creates it as well. One of the great lessons in History that somehow always seems to surprise us.

Is that a prettier way of saying what I've always maintained - that "history is what happens all around you when you're not looking"?

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   

It's a joke that you don't understand how political decisions affect economy?

If the war in Iraq free? Is the war on drugs free? Is the judicial system free?

Every choice we make has an economic impact.

Your out of your league man.

Nope, no joke.

Saying that "political decisions affect the economy" is not the same as saying that "if you're not in a position to discuss economics you're not in a position to discuss politics". Oil will also affect water it's poured into - but the two won't mix.

I may be "out of my league", But I'll bet I've got a much more visceral grasp on the notion that wars aren't free - considering our relative career tracks.

And no, they don't mix well with economics, either. if you try, you get what we have now - how's that worked out so far?

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Ah. I see.

Once upon a time, I cared about such things, too. Why, back then I even increased my caring perimeter to include the whole world.

Then I got old, and with getting old came a few realizations.

You can't save the world, just the parts of it you can reach when you stretch out your arm.

You can't save the US, either. it's doomed, just dying a really slow death, like the Republican Party is doing. In both cases, I believe it was suicide. You can only save the parts you can reach when you stretch out your arm.

Affect what you can, don't get bogged down with what you can't.

The better you can do for yourself - whatever YOU consider "better" to be, the more you will be able to help others.

"Help" starts at home, and that starts with YOU - then expands out to what you can reach, then out to what THEY can reach, ad infinitum - if you do it right, that is.

Carry on, then. I have to go to bed soon, to get my beauty sleep, but can someone wake me when these whipper-snappers get the country saved?

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join