It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

50 Things About Millennials That Make Corporate America [snip] Its Pants

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Still nothing constructive it's all about me.

You can't handle the topic.

Maybe you should stick to ancient cultures.

Or discuss the topic.

Or you have a fixation with me.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Come on keep attacking me.

That's all you have.

You have no data to support your position the data resoundingly supports mine.

Worse then children.
edit on 9/21/2014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Still nothing constructive it's all about me.

You can't handle the topic.

Maybe you should stick to ancient cultures.

Or discuss the topic.

Or you have a fixation with me.

We have been discussing the topic, youre refusing to answer many of the questions we are posing to you....

Instead you string words together trying to sound intelligent and obfuscate....

Weve asked you repeatedly what YOURE doing.....

Many of the people here who have posted are actually active in their communities and actually CONTRIBUTE to them as a whole......

While you sit here and fling mud and opine........

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Come on keep attacking me.

That's all you have.

You have no data to support your position the data resoundingly supports mine.

Worse then children.

LOL wheres your Data? again......WHAT HAVE YOU DONE, what do YOU DO , to help change your community.......to contribute to your community......

To effect change?

What do YOU do?

Talk is cheap

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I would venture to say that the data provided really doesn't support either side at the moment.

But when you insist that people are attacking you...rather than your opinion, then it weakens your argument.

edit on 21-9-2014 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   

a reply to: beezzer

Did you start the company?

No you got hired.

Take responsibility for nafta. Bring back manufacturing to the United States.

I.
Sent.
A.
Fruit.
Basket.

Really! I don't know what else you want!

It even had the strawberries carved, and cantaloupe!

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: FeistyFemme

Yea, they're definitely a lot who believe that things should just be given to them without lifting a finger. I don't believe in hand outs. I believe in hard work and determination. However, there needs to be a middle ground of either lowering the costs of living (obviously not happening) or up the wages, especially for those with ample experience and education.

Thank you for a mature response, it is appreciated.

What effects one of *Generation aside* us effects all of us. We are on this planet together. We must all start pulling in the same direction instead of getting in each others face over some self proclaimed Generational superiority or we have truly lost it as a species.

To answer someone who recently asked repeatedly 'Where's the Wisdom'

'The Most Beautiful Word in the English Language
edit on 21-9-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex

I would venture to say that the data provided really doesn't support either side at the moment.

But when you insist that people are attacking you...rather than your opinion, then it weakens your argument.

He must also forget that his whole OP premise was an opinion piece.......

I especially like the fact that it states that there are more Singles now in the millennial generation, it cites this is because they refuse to settle.......

i would wager its more because of the narcissism rampant in that generation then because they refuse to settle....but again thats my opinion...

There also seems to be a higher average of people who are socially inept then there were in previous generations......
edit on 9/21/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Did you start the company?

No you got hired.

Take responsibility for nafta. Bring back manufacturing to the United States.

I.
Sent.
A.
Fruit.
Basket.

Really! I don't know what else you want!

It even had the strawberries carved, and cantaloupe!

What happened to the kiwis? I gave you money for some kiwis!

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: FeistyFemme

The old heads clearly don't get it and most likely never will.

The thing is, the younger gen only think they know what the question is. And the other problem is, even if they did, they probably won't like the answer. I know I didn't when I was younger.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   

a reply to: pavil

Show the data.

Sigh....... here you go whippersnapper.....

Number of Highshoolers employed hits 20 year low

Census Data

BLS data

You will have to take my word on the rest. EVERYONE I worked with as a highschooler groing up was a teenager, not an adult with a family. Seriously.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bilk22
So this "progressive" attitude is what got us to where we are today.

Yah, that's it. It's all to blame on "Progressives". Give it a rest. What do you say we drop the blame game and political "gang fighting" and just admit there is plenty of blame to go around whether it's to the Left, Right, Center or wherever. No one single party or ideology is responsible for where we are. In fact, if you look at it honestly, you'd see that it's the combination of party politics and their conflicting ideals that are truly to blame here.

For at least the last 60 or 70 years there is been a constant bitch fest going on of blaming one side or the other. There is no focus and no plan as to what the hell is going on and where we are going. You've got a mix of Locke's Natural Law giving way to Hobbes' State Power. Personal Freedom is all but lost and it's largely the result of everyone forgetting that Freedom requires Responsibility. When you loose one, the other goes out the door as well.

We've become corrupt. Greedy. Lazy. Stupid and Angry. We have become a Corporate Militarized War Machine with fat bellies and empty minds.

One thing is for sure though. Change is always happening. You can either work with it and form a better tomorrow or you can fight the current and go nowhere fighting the entire time. You can't stop things from changing and old ideas must give way to new ones when there time is up. However, at the same time, getting too far ahead of yourselves just means falling flat on your face. So why not try a little something different for a change and let's work together. Not for ourselves but for the generations that come after. Why is that so hard to do. What selfish pricks we've all become throwing blame around, taking as much as we can when we can and selling out all those who will eventually have to wade through our wake full of crap and without the slightest ounce of shame.

Let's just admit we've all failed, in epic ways as a collective, wipe away the tears, forgive ourselves and fix what we've broken?? It's either that or we just keep the bitch fest going until there is nothing left worth saving and it's game over for all of us without any future to worry about.
edit on 21-9-2014 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   

a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I didn't set up the op it's an article authored by somekne else.

I brought it to the table because I'm sick of reading about how lazy and stupid My generation is.

But.....but....but.........for the most part, your generation is. Truth hurts sometimes.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Oh something we can discuss besides myself.

However much I like being discussed.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

I especially like the fact that it states that there are more Singles now in the millennial generation, it sites this is because they refuse to settle.......

i would wager its more because of the narcissism rampant in that generation then because they refuse to settle....but again thats my opinion...

There also seems to be a higher average of people who are socially inept then there were in previous generations......

Certified bachelor here...and wanderer. But I know that it is that way because of my chosen profession, not social ineptitude.

But when I wander into a bar and it is deathly quiet, except for the music playing and look around and see every one with their noses stuck in their Smart Phones, it does make me worry for this up and coming generation.

They seem to lack social skills and grace and almost everything that comes from some ones mouth, rather than a text irritates them to the nth degree.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

I didn't like the answers the older generation provided when I was young.

I laughed and sneered because I knew everything.

Reminds of a Mark Twain quote. (I'll paraphrase)

"When I was a young man of 16, my father was the dumbest man alive. When I returned home at the age of 21, I was surprised by how much he had learned."

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

I especially like the fact that it states that there are more Singles now in the millennial generation, it sites this is because they refuse to settle.......

Certified bachelor here...and wanderer. But I know that it is that way because of my chosen profession, not social ineptitude.

But when I wander into a bar and it is deathly quiet, except for the music playing and look around and see every one with their noses stuck in their Smart Phones, it does make me worry for this up and coming generation.

They seem to lack social skills and grace and almost everything that comes from some ones mouth, rather than a text irritates them to the nth degree.

Im with you on that, I watch my nieces and her friends all sitting together talking on their phones through text , not only to others but each other, sitting right there! and it boggles my mind......

Ive watched many people of that generation try to socially interact and they have serious issues "interfacing" with people face to face.......

Weve exchanged the ability to communicate effectively with each other in favor of technology that can give us anonymity with minimal repercussions , to basically do and say whatever we want....

Instead of the ability to communicate ideas and thoughts in a manner thats constructive

IMHO the OP and threads like this are prime examples
edit on 9/21/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

I think we all would rather debate ideas and topics, rather than the person espousing them. However, you must dance as well. You need to answer as well as ask questions. Otherwise, we will call you out on it. Sorry If you are feeling picked on.....I thought you had a I don't give a F#$# attitude.

See how things like that come back to bite you in the ass????

Back to facts and data.... are you disputing my assertion that there were more 18 and under people employed in minimum wage jobs as a percent back in the 70 and 80's as opposed to today?

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   

I totally get all the responses in this thread. My Dad is old school, born in the depression, made his own way in life, test pilot, aeronautical engineer, etc. My Ma is in her eighties but has embraced the millennial outlook and is probably more tech savvy than most, but the weird thing is she acts like it as well. Very self centered.

And then there are the kids of the family who run the whole gamut between the generations.

Needless to say, family reunions are stressful.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
a reply to: Aazadan

Back in the day.......minimum wage jobs were mainly held by kids. No one who was a real adult or had a family, worked a minimum wage job. Instead of trying to raise the minimum wage we should ALL be trying to create worthwhile jobs for adults.

This argument doesn't really help your position, because we've been pointing out the purchasing power of minimum wage. Minimum wage back then had more purchasing power than 50% of the jobs in the country today. Wages have severely declined, even if we had "worthwhile" jobs they would still just be equaling that kid wage.

I'm all for bringing jobs back to the country, that at least gives those in my generation a chance at a career. Wages are another issue though which are related. Labor has gotten extremely cheap because of globalization.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join