It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Photo of the F-22 shows something weird...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   
So a buddy of mine posted this on facebook today. Its something me and zaphod cant explain and need some help.

For starters, theres an opening behind the asir refueling door on the top of the aircraft. Its leaking out a green fluid like substance. Best we can guess is for contrail control. But not really sure. Then there is a cylinder like object sicking out about the fuselage. Thats gotta ruin stealth, however as we can see in the pics i took of the first f-22s they were always there, just retracted, and flush with the jet.

What do you guys think?

Here's the new pic...

Here it is upclose. on the top right is the closed air refueling door. directly behind it looks like an open door releasing a green fluid like substance. in the middle of the pic looks like an object sticking way out above the wing.

Me and Zaph wondered if it closed flush with the jet so i went back in my pic archive and here's some of the earliest pics of the F-22, where you can see all those doors/panels closed up.

Anyone got any ideas what that green fluid is or what those extended panels are?

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: boomer135

The only thing I see the fluid being is a suppression system, although I really thought that would be back closer to the exhaust.

As for the panels, I'm totally stumped.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

The only thing I see the fluid being is a suppression system, although I really thought that would be back closer to the exhaust.

As for the panels, I'm totally stumped.

we know the B-2 has a classified antenna that pops up above the skin of the bomber and retracts when not in use. I'm wondering if thats it...

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   

What's really interesting is that it's extended into the turn. The one on the right wing is retracted. When he's level on the boom, they're both flush. Are there any top side pics with him right wing low?

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   

The fluid couldn't be something as simple as deicing could it?

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   
could it be some kind of de-icing system being deployed?

possible a contrail system but i doubt that, im leaning toward de-icing

interesting pics though good luck finding ur answers

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   
If we are referring to the same door that appears to stick out above the fuselage, it might be the auxiliary power unit vent door. One is intake and one is exhaust I think, the other one being the panel right beside it. I am referring to the door with the diamond shape on it. I could be wrong, as I don't know a whole lot about them. That was just what I could find from doing some searching online. I apologize if that is not what you were trying to figure out. I am still looking on the fluid, but no luck so far.

Here is what I'm referring to:

And here is the air refuelling door you referenced, although this is a model, and the other port is behind it:

edit on 9/20/14 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   
That is what I thought too. Probably some kind of antenna to receive satellite signals. Great pics man!
PS- Don't let the chemtrail folks see this. a reply to: boomer135

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I believe it is the counter measure ejection port that wasn't retracted all the way either before or after it was used:

img.photobucket.com...

As far as the green goes, the only thing I've got is maybe the outer coating was this exposing the green under primer or a trick of the light off the outer coating.
edit on 20-9-2014 by Sammamishman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Countermeasures dispenser. With the one on the wing low side deployed and the other not, it's the only thing that makes sense.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   

What's really interesting is that it's extended into the turn. The one on the right wing is retracted. When he's level on the boom, they're both flush. Are there any top side pics with him right wing low?

Ill check my pics a little later on but i dont ever remember them being like that, because we do refuel in turns as well.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: usafage

Its not a deicing system. I dont even think they have that. you get deiced on the ground before a flight.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: usafage

Not on the fuselage.

I'll go with fire suppression.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: JiggyPotamus
If we are referring to the same door that appears to stick out above the fuselage, it might be the auxiliary power unit vent door. One is intake and one is exhaust I think, the other one being the panel right beside it. I am referring to the door with the diamond shape on it. I could be wrong, as I don't know a whole lot about them. That was just what I could find from doing some searching online. I apologize if that is not what you were trying to figure out. I am still looking on the fluid, but no luck so far.

Here is what I'm referring to:

good guess, but no they wouldn't have taken off with those doors open. You only use the APU on the ground when the engines are shut down and they have no external power unit around. And you use the APU to provide air to start the engines. once the engines are started the APU gets shut down.

And oh yeah i'm very familiar with the air refueling door. lol
edit on 20-9-2014 by boomer135 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sammamishman
I believe it is the counter measure ejection port that wasn't retracted all the way either before or after it was used:

img.photobucket.com...

As far as the green goes, the only thing I've got is maybe the outer coating was this exposing the green under primer or a trick of the light off the outer coating.

Awesome pic man i think that solves the question. Hey do you have one of those for the f35 by chance?

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Uhh, what color is the jet fuel?

Could be something that simple.

The vent is for the APC, but I don't know what parameters make it deploy or retract.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightFlight
Uhh, what color is the jet fuel?

Could be something that simple.

The vent is for the APC, but I don't know what parameters make it deploy or retract.

JP8 isnt green. so im not sure about that. I'm gonna say its a contrail control fluid of some sort until someone proves it otherwise. lol

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: NightFlight

Jet fuel is clear. I've put my hand in it and thought it was water at first.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   

a reply to: NightFlight

Jet fuel is clear. I've put my hand in it and thought it was water at first.

You need to finish going through the pics so i can get that thread going. lol. its gonna take a damn week to do it...

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Look the F-35 has that same door behind the refueling receptacle...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join