It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In your face global warming nuts

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
www.theweathernetwork.com...

The Ozone layer recovereth.....so say a panel of UN xperts....this must bode well for the planet mustnt it?
What have we to say to that?...............................huh?

It will all be fixed by 2070
edit on 20-9-2014 by stirling because: (no reason given)

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.
edit on 21/9/2014 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Nice way to start a discussion of what has been a very heated topic over the past few years...

Oh wait, you aren't looking for a discussion, never mind...

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   

According to NASA's Earth Observatory: "If nations continue to follow the guidelines of the Montreal Protocol, the UNEP/WMO report notes, ozone levels over most of the globe should recover to 1980 levels by 2050. The ozone hole over the South Pole will take longer to recover, ending by 2070."

I say, that sounds good.

Also the article is called Earth's protective ozone layer is on the road to recovery: UN report and not IN YOUR FACE GLOBAL WARMING NUTS which needs a comma badly (I suspect...)

The article mentions the change is likely because of mankind making changes in our emission of ozone depleting substances (Montreal Protocol: designed to protect the ozone layer by phasing out the production of numerous substances that are responsible for ozone depletion). So really it shows that we have a direct and almost immediate effect on our environment...

edit on 20-9-2014 by Elton because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Your title is a bit insulting considering the ozone loss was caused by manmade CFC gasses. Not related to global warming.

It is a success story, at how banning and eliminating the CFCs have helped.

Stand in direct sunlight, under the ozone hole naked for a few days with no UV protection and maybe you will understand what it means.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: stirling

The Ozone layer recovereth.....so say a panel of UN xperts....this must bode well for the planet mustnt it?

Funny, it kinda actually goes in favour of the Global Warming Nuts. If nations keep doing what was implemented to reduce CFC emissions, it will happen. So.. man caused? Or is it just a coincidence that reducing cfcs into the atmosphere is having a beneficial effect?

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elton
IN YOUR FACE GLOBAL WARMING NUTS which needs a comma badly (I suspect...)

"IN YOUR FACE GLOBAL, WARMING NUTS?" Like that?

You're totally right about it actually validating our concerns and steps taken to correct it.

- Earth is getting baked
- Take steps to fix it
- Earth is getting better
- IN YOUR FACE, GLOBAL WARMING NUTS

Yeah, doesn't make sense.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: stirling

Only, that Im... not sure you know what you are talking about, and are celebrating a perceived victory upon unsound inferences using largely irrelevant information.

Ozone depletion in Earths case is/was a function of chlorofluorocarbons, as has been pointed out already by others. General heating of the planet is a function primarily of thermally insulating gases, such as CO2 and CH4.

edit on 9/20/2014 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: stirling

1. You're lying
2. Big oil is paying you.
3. 97% of all scientists everywhere is the universe think you are wrong.
4. We have too much money, we need to pay Al Gore more.
5. Carbon footprint
6. Man is evil.

There.

I think I covered it.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
This guy says the CFCs argument is bunk and has never been proven. Link

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: stirling

1. You're lying
2. Big oil is paying you.
3. 97% of all scientists everywhere is the universe think you are wrong.
4. We have too much money, we need to pay Al Gore more.
5. Carbon footprint
6. Man is evil.

There.

I think I covered it.

Beezzer, none of that has anything to do with CFCs or the ozone.

You fell for it. It's a clever trap..

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: sn0rch

While this may be a positive for the "Global Warming Nuts," it's no so much for the Carbon Tax supporters. I've brought this up before a few times in the global warming discussion. This is a success story. The problem was, R-12 and similar CFCs destroyed ozone. It was proven, demonstrable science. The solution was to not use those CFCs, not continue to use them if you could afford a CFC tax.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Yep. I don't disagree. Just thought it was odd the OP felt the need to jump and poke holes in the air (pun intended)..

I'm more interested in climate change, as opposed to the warming angle, to be honest. everything that is done on this planet, has a effect in some way.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bilk22
This guy says the CFCs argument is bunk and has never been proven. Link

I apologize for simply glancing at your link without thoroughly reading it, but I really didn't see the need.

It's a fact that R-12 is lighter than air. R-12 molecules float up to the ozone layer.

It's also a fact than when an R-12 molecule collides with an ozone molecule, it strips the extra oxygen atom, leaving O2. And an R-12 molecule can do this repeatedly. A single R-12 molecule can destroy hundreds of O3 molecules. That has been demonstrated in a lab.

Not all CFCs can do this, though. Some are too heavy to get to the ozone layer, some don't have the same chemical reaction with ozone.

The only thing that surprises me about the ozone recovery is that it's faster than I would have expected. R-12 takes a long time to make it into the upper atmosphere, and the R-12 phase-out didn't begin until the 80s.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   
The Ozone hole varies in size from year to year.

aura.gsfc.nasa.gov...
With summer temperatures breaking records every season you don't have to be a scientist to figure out what is going on.

But hey, there's nothing to worry about.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

It's rabbit farts that's doing all the damage you know. A Beezzer Bunny Breezer.

edit on 20-9-2014 by weirdguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: weirdguy

The link I posted says it varies month to month. It also says it's unknown how CFCs, which emanated mostly from the northern hemisphere would make it to the southern, thus effecting the ozone above the antarctic in the southern, given the global wind patterns.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
All your wisdom is transitory......don't forget it!

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Everyone and I mean everyone in the so called "scientific" community who touts the man made global warming crap has been caught cooking the books again and again. Yet, the useful idiots still follow them trance-like into the abyss. a reply to: stirling

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: weirdguy
a reply to: beezzer

It's rabbit farts that's doing all the damage you know. A Beezzer Bunny Breezer.

Guilty as charged.

I don't think there is enough evidence either way to make any claims, one way or another.

Though I am gassy.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   
It's bad enough, that we HUMANS have advanced to the point that WE KNOW ALL, what makes it worse, is when other HUMANS conspire to MAKE $$$$ off of this....

The folks I know, just regular folks, understand that weather fluctuates....

They also understand that what we do affects our environment... unlike our own govt..(US)

asbestos, pcb, etc etc...

When do we let the folks maintain their own ecosystem without our govt telling us what it takes to survive?

We already know you don't # wear you eat.....

When will they learn?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join