It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

moodINQ - Programmable Tattoo System

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Mods: I did a search to see if I could find a thread on this already but there were no results.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

moodINQ - Programmable Tattoo System

The moodInq system is a breakthrough in tattoo technology, using a skin-safe proprietary E-ink encapsulated pigment system that lasts a lifetime but can be configured to display any design (or none!) to suit your mood.

So how does it work? We have partnered with leading physicians and technicians in the cosmetic surgery industry to implant the E-ink grid, called a canvas. The canvas can go anywhere on your body and be configured to the size and shape of the body party you'd like to ink. After a short healing period (usually 2-3 days), you can begin using the moodInq software included with your kit to change your canvas to display the tattoo you desire.

There is a website that is going to be selling the wand & kit that goes with it, once these things become available. The details it lists for the kit is:

- Product Specifications

- Proprietary E Ink programmable tattoo can be changed at will
- Great for those who don't want to commit to permanent ink

Three steps:
- Have E ink canvas implanted (through our partners in the cosmetic surgery industry)
- Choose or design your preferred artwork
- Run the moodInq Wand over the canvas - your tattoo appears!
- Your tattoo can be changed to any design in the moodInq database or with custom art
- Upload your own black & white or greyscale files: jpeg, gif, tiff, bmp, ai, eps, and pdf
- moodInq tattoos can even simulate greyscale using halftones

IMPORTANT NOTE: Tattoo canvas implantation is a separate purchase.
-
Kit includes:
- moodInq Wand
- Software (Mac and PC)
- 2-year membership to moodInq's tattoo art database

****Patent Pending****

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have a tattoo & I am saving up to get a bunch more. I love the concepts I have for each tattoo & I don't care that people think it's just a trend.
As for this product, I'm not sure if I would get it. Yes it's cool to be having a spot where you have a changeable tattoo but I'm not sure if I like the idea of having the "canvas" device under my skin.

What do my fellow ink fans think?

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Sorry to break this to you, but it's not real.

It was an April Fools joke...

www.thinkgeek.com...

Click the Buy Now button, and see the April Fools message.
edit on 20-9-2014 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Lol

Well, you can make a thread about 3D tattoos.

edit on 20-9-2014 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAre0ne

Did you try to buy it and found out that way ?

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   

HAHAHA...When you click it asks which products do you wish were real.

I am partial to Rosetta Stone for Klingon.

Nerf Nuke was pretty cool as well.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: samsamm9

Did you try to buy it and found out that way ?

I just did. I was all ready and was reaching for my wallet.

Lame.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: samsamm9

No, it actually says April Fools on the main page too, with a little icon near the bottom. I simply wondered what would happen if you tried to buy it.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Even though it is not real, I do not see why something like this would be impossible. With what the human race has accomplished thus far I see this as a real future possibility. Think about it. Wireless access would disallow the need for having some type of input on your arm-screen, although general maintenance seems like it would be difficult, but this could be overcome by a steady and long-lasting product. So the biggest obstacle seems to be having a screen that blends with the skin and actually looks like skin. This seems surmountable. I'm telling you, this would be popular, and because of that, if it can be done someone will do it...eventually. I think they should have kept their jokes to themselves and designed and patented a system, lol.
edit on 9/20/14 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I will stick to my many real tattoos thank u, I wouldnt change any of them.... Ever.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: JiggyPotamus

But what is the point of having a tattoo that you can change, and is not permanent?

We already have this technology...

www.amazon.com...

You can buy that temporary tattoo paper, print whatever tattoo you want on your printer, then apply it to your skin. You can change your tattoo whenever you want. lol

edit on 20-9-2014 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Missed seeing it. I didn't think to click on it to buy one because it other reviews for it on other sites said that it wasn't available yet.

I wonder if this will get created anyways.
edit on 9 21 2014 by Sabiduria because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   

But what is the point of having a tattoo that you can change, and is not permanent?

You can change the design if you get bored with it.

As normal tats get older, they fade, get stretched as our bodies change or are otherwise 'tatty looking tats'. If someone could design a system where tats could be changed instantly, would be hugely desirable.

A tech like this (if it were someday real!) would have many applications from emergency marking, like at the hospital emergency room displaying blood type, medications given and treatments to be done directly on the patients body would be a practical and useful way to employ the tech.

Military apps are big too...active tattoo camouflage...the ability to dynamically change the marking on a soldiers body, or if the tech is applied to his or her equipment, that would be very useful. They could change their camouflage on the fly. If a soldiers surroundings changed, their camouflage could instantly change to adapt and blend in.

Other uses could be 'The dating game'...you're in a bar or club and looking for a date...people would advertise themselves as 'available', looking for a date, likes / dislikes all through active tattoos. Those who didn't want to be hassled, could also display a tattoo that indicated their preference too...'back off, i'm not interested' or 'NO, i have a headache' type of messages could be displayed ;-)

Shame it's not a real tech..there's many ways it could be used.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX
You can change the design if you get bored with it.

Well I figured that much... But if there is a possibility of getting bored with a tattoo, then why get a tattoo? Why not get some really permanent marker and draw it on yourself, or use that tattoo paper I posted previously.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   

I suppose everyone has their own reasons for getting inked, as i have, but i would imagine those reasons are different in many cases.

Some get inked because it's like a right of passage...a kind of tribal nod to older cultures who routinely practice body marking.

Others do it for fashion related reasons...they can look great and change the way we see or feel about ourselves on a personal level.

Others do it as a declaration of their love, for a partner, a parent, a child, a friend or organisation (like Army unit etc) A permanent tattoo is a commitment, and so is a way of stating your depth of feeling is permanent too and doing that in a very obvious way.

A pen or stick on tattoo doesn't have the same effect.

There's lots of reasons why people have them..and while some do have temporary tattoos, either drawn on using washable inks or transfers, this can also be handy to test out a design for a couple of weeks to see how it feels living with it before making it permanent.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Sabiduria

I'm glad this appears to be a hoax!!! Something like this would not be good for the tattoo industry and the tattoo scene. My husbands a tattooer and something like this would ruin our livelihood. Tattooing is an artform, this "wand" would take the art out of the tattoo, not good. I'm heavily tattooed and every one of them was extremely painful. Tattoos are earned, they're more than just a tattoo, they're also an experience and represent a certain point in ones life.

I don't like this idea at all and hope something like this never happens. Glad it's an April fools joke.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

If it existed and you wanted to have ink all over your body, you'd have to get lots of canvases under your skin. That just seems too bizarre.

Having an artist do your tattoos adds to the experience & makes the tattoo that much better. (as long as it's a good artist
)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Damn! I was hopeful that my idea of a watch tattoo was finally close!

(the idea is that the tattoo changes over time, in a very regular fashion, so I have a watch tattooed on my wrist, or maybe my thumb)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jennyfrenzy
a reply to: Sabiduria

Tattoos are earned, they're more than just a tattoo, they're also an experience and represent a certain point in ones life.

I don't like this idea at all and hope something like this never happens. Glad it's an April fools joke.

It's just ink in your skin, any deeper meaning is attached on a person basis, meaning different for different people.

Not sure why you feel entitled to judge others actions (or desired actions since it's a hoax) on this matter. Is a person supposed to have a nice long speech planned out to justify their tattoos to everyone around them?

How about this one, a theoretical justification for getting a programmable tattoo:

"I got a programmable tattoo to represent change, that nothing is static in my life, and that I can always change who I am or what I am doing for the better when I find a fault in my thoughts or actions."

Is that good enough for you? Sounds more reasonable than a lot of reasons for getting tattoos I've heard.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: James1982

Not sure why you feel entitled to judge others actions (or desired actions since it's a hoax) on this matter. Is a person supposed to have a nice long speech planned out to justify their tattoos to everyone around them?

Are those tattoos made by a tattoo machine? Because if they are then no. I'm not referring to tattoos that have been made by artists using machines. I was speaking about the product in this thread. If it were something real and not a hoax, I wouldn't like it, at all.

Jump to conclusions much?

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jennyfrenzy
a reply to: James1982

Are those tattoos made by a tattoo machine? Because if they are then no. I'm not referring to tattoos that have been made by artists using machines. I was speaking about the product in this thread. If it were something real and not a hoax, I wouldn't like it, at all.

Jump to conclusions much?

Jump to what conclusion? You said flat out you wouldn't like this product if it was real. That's exactly what I was responding to in my post, your disdain for the concept of a changeable tattoo. Not sure where the confusion is?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join